Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964219 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: wait, 40K has religious overtones?! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
« Reply #6420 on: September 09, 2016, 05:34:13 pm »

Kroot eating Orks is precisely how they ended up being Kroot.

Why'd ya think theys green, ya git?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: September 09, 2016, 05:34:43 pm »

I know. Tomb Kings, Beasts of Chaos... They would do it. And they would go Full Potato.
RIP Settra! never 4get. He ruled, never served.

Aye. Dress it up in marketing blurbs and opposition to outdated old fashioned sentiments as you like; AoS was a big, fat, dysentery-ridden shit on the proverbial battle table. I will never accept any lame defences thereof. The whole "Why, good Sir, 40k is way more popular than fantasy, you ought to get with da tiemz and accept a good and proper update"-sentiment makes me rather violent. And punching my linen cupboard will do neither of us much good. Why, there are iconoclasts aplenty enough. Askfkfjiooifgszzzrrs...!!

AoS? More like ASS, and not in the biblical sense, the good ass ridden by Christ into Jerusalem, but the American Ass, the defecating one. Passing old minifigures into the lavatory, because believe me, that is where they might as well belong if an ASSy GW scheme becomes real.

This message brought to you by Alcohol. It will either enrich your life or make it enbarable. Inquire at your local Alcohol Shop today!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: September 09, 2016, 06:03:20 pm »

Kroot bands do not answer to each others Shapers. A group outside the Tau's auxillaries would have no reason to listen to a Shaper in service to the Empire.
No.

But they do answer to sniper rounds and Warsphere ammunition at high velocity aimed directly at their skulls.

Kroot eating Orks is precisely how they ended up being Kroot.

Why'd ya think theys green, ya git?
Well, grayish-greenish-brown. But yeah, more or less. Though if they munch exclusively or particularly on orks, they will get particularly Orky. It's still my guess is that they get psykers/navigators(if they need them, even) by having one guy eat Eldar. Would not put it past some of the bands to have an agreement  to return Soul Stones, as long as they can keep the bodies. (Returned to other craftworlds/maiden worlds, of course; they're mercenaries, not stupid)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:07:45 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: September 09, 2016, 06:10:59 pm »

Making deals with Eldar is always stupid.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: September 09, 2016, 06:15:32 pm »

Making deals with Eldar is always stupid.
Don't know about that. If they're the ones offering it, maybe. But they'll have their own Krootdar working to see to ways they could be dicked over. Agreeing to give over Soul stones without a fight as long as they can keep the bits the Eldar care far less about seems like it would be pretty appealing.

I mean, what, are they going to risk further Eldar lives for the bodies too?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: September 09, 2016, 06:19:57 pm »

You are talking about the species that regularly commits genocide for "trespassing" on pristine worlds they terraformed a million years ago and have never inhabited.

Yes, any Eldar group except maybe corsairs would go out of their way to slaughter any Kroot who tried something like that. They don't make deals for spirit stones.

Even in the bizarre circumstance that they did, it would still be a bad idea. The Eldar freely go back on their arrangements whenever they feel like it, and especially if the Farseers tell them to.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: September 09, 2016, 06:22:12 pm »

Eldar are, as a rule, untrustworthy, and as we all know the Tau can be a bit, naive, after all. God forbid the Harlequins get involved. "We bring only death, and leave only carrion." after all.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: September 09, 2016, 06:25:40 pm »

You are talking about the species that regularly commits genocide for "trespassing" on pristine worlds they terraformed a million years ago and have never inhabited.

Yes, any Eldar group except maybe corsairs would go out of their way to slaughter any Kroot who tried something like that. They don't make deals for spirit stones.

Even in the bizarre circumstance that they did, it would still be a bad idea. The Eldar freely go back on their arrangements whenever they feel like it, and especially if the Farseers tell them to.
I suspect it's Corsairs and Exodites they would be dealing with in this manner most often.

You can just up and leave if the Exodites try somethin', after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: September 09, 2016, 06:27:40 pm »

Let's hope you remembered not to stand on the ground when you thumb your nose at the Exodites.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: September 09, 2016, 06:30:31 pm »

I mean, it ain't like they're thumbing their nose at 'em. It's basically "Yeah here's some soul stones we got. You use those, right? Okay, cool. If you wanna trade or anything, we can do that, otherwise, bye."

Kroot are a practical folk. It's why they're mercenaries, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: September 09, 2016, 07:02:07 pm »

Some of you may remember I posted this last month:
I now want to make a forum game about a civvie surrounded by Chaos shit in a hive.

Get some *shudders slightly while still acknowledging the positives of the genre* survival game mechanics in there and add HERESY.
Ok, this gave me an idea. Not exactly this, though. What I have in mind is, since everyone is talking about heresy, a forum game where players control a group of Chaos cultists trying to take over a Hive (and later the planet). Don't know if players can RP individual cultists or if it's going to be just a suggestion-driven strategy game; it's late and I think I should leave such decisions to when I wake up.

Well, I got it all planned out now, pretty much. Want to gauge interest first, though, so I don't start it in vain. As an addendum, no RP stuff, purely an suggestion-driven strategy game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: September 09, 2016, 07:07:09 pm »

Finally caved in and started building an IG army. I think I'll be primarily going for a mechanized force, even though it will be a while until I get some chimeras and hellhounds. At the moment I have a command squad and a single infantry squad, but at some point in the next week I'll be getting the SC boxes, which will give me two commissars, two leman russes, two more squads, and two heavy weapon teams, which I will temporarily turn into four.
Anyone have any general advice for either army comp or building/painting? I think I'll end up going with a desert theme, and I'm currently looking at the Afrika Korps for inspiration.

I can only paint glum steely blues or imperial purple and bronze when IT comes to Guard, really. Cool to hear you're doing mechanised, although that start doesn't sound very mechanised yet.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: September 09, 2016, 07:18:27 pm »

I personally am looking forward to (assuming it doesn't get retconned out) seeing what becomes of this Cult of Ynnead. A warp god fueled by the death of Eldar. Sounds fun.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: September 09, 2016, 11:30:00 pm »

Ok, this gave me an idea. Not exactly this, though. What I have in mind is, since everyone is talking about heresy, a forum game where players control a group of Chaos cultists trying to take over a Hive (and later the planet). Don't know if players can RP individual cultists or if it's going to be just a suggestion-driven strategy game; it's late and I think I should leave such decisions to when I wake up.

Well, I got it all planned out now, pretty much. Want to gauge interest first, though, so I don't start it in vain. As an addendum, no RP stuff, purely an suggestion-driven strategy game.

This sounds really cool.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: September 09, 2016, 11:31:18 pm »

This sounds really cool.
^^^

Also, just out of curiosity, does anyone paint their minis for camo?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 824