Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963128 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: wait, 40K has religious overtones?! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
« Reply #6451 on: September 10, 2016, 12:28:08 pm »

Well, I figure the reason he would betray the Emperor is finding out that Tzeentch orchestrated the whole thing and that while yes, he fucked up and probably screwed over Paps, in the end it was Tzeentch who ruined them both.

But yeah it would fucking suck to be him at that point, not least because the Golden Throne would be agony for him too, I suspect. Probably the Custodians would be the least of his worries.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6452 on: September 10, 2016, 12:55:31 pm »

To be honest, a lot of Primarches actually went into Chaos less than willingly, or at least had second thoughts (Fulgrim got willingly swapped with a deamon and locked in a painting for a while due to extreme guilt he felt, it is suspected that Horus was never really truly in control as there are mentions of Chaos leaving his body just before he got deleted by Emperor and so on).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: September 10, 2016, 12:59:24 pm »

According to the books,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: September 10, 2016, 01:54:33 pm »

I tried out BFG:A Tau. So far they seem fairly fun. The Kroot ship took a lot of getting used to, though: I didn't realize you literally could not control its direction outside of that one command. Are you not supposed to be able to cancel the insubordination of Auxilliary ships? I was in the middle of an close-range slugfest that would decide the fate of the match, when all of a sudden the Krootsphere decided to leave and I couldn't do anything about it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: September 10, 2016, 01:59:28 pm »

To be honest, a lot of Primarches actually went into Chaos less than willingly, or at least had second thoughts (Fulgrim got willingly swapped with a deamon and locked in a painting for a while due to extreme guilt he felt, it is suspected that Horus was never really truly in control as there are mentions of Chaos leaving his body just before he got deleted by Emperor and so on).

Calling it! Horus is still alive!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: September 10, 2016, 02:00:23 pm »

Horus being deader than dead is one of the few plot points that isn't really subject to revision at some point.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: September 10, 2016, 02:01:26 pm »

Horus being deader than dead is one of the few plot points that isn't really subject to revision at some point.

That is exactly why he is alive (No really, I am not just yanking your chain)

Mind you given this isn't exactly a narrative series... They might not ever do it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:05:22 pm by Neonivek »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: September 10, 2016, 02:15:13 pm »

I tried out BFG:A Tau. So far they seem fairly fun. The Kroot ship took a lot of getting used to, though: I didn't realize you literally could not control its direction outside of that one command. Are you not supposed to be able to cancel the insubordination of Auxilliary ships? I was in the middle of an close-range slugfest that would decide the fate of the match, when all of a sudden the Krootsphere decided to leave and I couldn't do anything about it.
I think they have the 'Mercenary' trait or something? Not certain what it does.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: September 10, 2016, 05:37:44 pm »

Emps probably just exiled Horus to a remote corner of the warp, and now they're both just hanging out without functional bodies, drinking beers and taking bets on how long it'll take the Imperium to die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 pm »

Emps probably just exiled Horus to a remote corner of the warp, and now they're both just hanging out without functional bodies, drinking beers and taking bets on how long it'll take the Imperium to die.

There are many things they could end up doing with it. Heck it could even have been a Emperor plot the entire time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: September 10, 2016, 06:02:55 pm »

Emps is actually a Tzeentch sockpuppet or the other way around, and literally everything that's ever happened is actually JUST AS PLANNED.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: September 10, 2016, 06:07:01 pm »

Emps is actually a Tzeentch sockpuppet or the other way around, and literally everything that's ever happened is actually JUST AS PLANNED.
They are both sockpuppets of Cegorach and the Deceiver in turn.

Cue Kot barging in with imperial propaganda.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: September 10, 2016, 06:09:41 pm »

Who, in turn, are sockpuppets of our spiritual Ward.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6464 on: September 10, 2016, 06:18:56 pm »

Emperor, Deceiver, Cegorach and Creed Tzzentch are all sockpuppets of each other and literally everything that's ever happened is huge mind-fucking JUST AS PLANNED.
You can also throw in Gork/Mork (though their idea of out-"JUST AS PLANNED"-ing is cunningly drowning everyone in green) and Hivemind (new player and suffers from the same problem as Gork and Mork, with some more colour variation added in)

Like, seriously, any of those might come on top with "JUST AS PLANNED" just to another also go "JUST AS PLANNED" in some fucking kind of "JUST AS PLANNED"-ception. Tinfoil hats inside tinfoil hats with more tinfoil hats over it and all covered in tinfoil and extreme amounts of plot-fuckery.

Cue Kot barging in with imperial propaganda.
Fahck you.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 824