Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964268 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: The description is too long
« Reply #7425 on: November 16, 2016, 10:20:34 am »

She's Slaaneshi because she was corrupted after being captured by the Emperor's Children.
Oh that poor women.
Or lucky depending on what happened, seeing as it corrupted her.
Metaphysical Corruption, in fiction, tends to take two forms. The first is the most traditional form of corruption: basically moral corruption in the sense we use the phrase, but extended to physical corruption, or perhaps some sort of attunement with darkness or evil that implies a link between your moral character and your body/mind/soul that isn't as direct or as obvious in real life. The lightest form of this is the tendency of evil characters to appear pale or ill, or alternately sexy and stylish; and the strongest is them raging insanely while standing in a swirling pool of evil blackness, shooting purple/green/red/black lightning bolts of pure unadulterated EVULZ.

Hmm. Discomfort with ugliness and beauty.

It's worrisome that evil has to be communicated through appearance instead of actions. May explain politics though.

The other kind is the kind that is forced upon you. One can imagine real-life analogues for this; some might say that most corruption in the real world is of this form, and not of the former. Regardless, in fiction, this is quite literally someone forcing evil/darkness/CHAOS into you. This process is not consensual, it is not fun, and in a sense can basically be considered a way of killing who they were while simultaneously disgracing them forevermore. In kids shows this will involve a lot of sticking someone in a pool of black magic or whatever. In Warhammer40k, when speaking of the disciples of the Prince of Pain and Pleasure...

I mean you do the math.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wartime_sexual_violence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

He's playing poker in The Poker Room now, smoking all the sandpaper cigarettes he wants.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Im 99% sure hes not dead. He probably just switched places with the guy on the left.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

No, he'll just be revived as a Nurgling.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, so he'll just be a dirty, foul-mouthed guy who ingests things unmentionable?

Whats the difference?
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

He'd get to say things like "Papa Bless" unironically?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

[Internal screaming]
Well I'm sober now too.
Im 99% sure hes not dead. He probably just switched places with the guy on the left.
I just watched a head twist from the sheer force of the flies consuming it in tune to the sound of a funeral march.

That's pretty dead.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: The description is too long
« Reply #7433 on: November 16, 2016, 10:21:51 pm »

She's Slaaneshi because she was corrupted after being captured by the Emperor's Children.
Oh that poor women.
Or lucky depending on what happened, seeing as it corrupted her.
Metaphysical Corruption, in fiction, tends to take two forms. The first is the most traditional form of corruption: basically moral corruption in the sense we use the phrase, but extended to physical corruption, or perhaps some sort of attunement with darkness or evil that implies a link between your moral character and your body/mind/soul that isn't as direct or as obvious in real life. The lightest form of this is the tendency of evil characters to appear pale or ill, or alternately sexy and stylish; and the strongest is them raging insanely while standing in a swirling pool of evil blackness, shooting purple/green/red/black lightning bolts of pure unadulterated EVULZ.

Hmm. Discomfort with ugliness and beauty.

It's worrisome that evil has to be communicated through appearance instead of actions. May explain politics though.
It doesn't have to be. It's just convenient shorthand.

The 'perfectly normal' person performing horrific acts is one of those 'gets under your skin and fucks your dreams' tropes for a reason.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, thats some epic short cinematic

Any ideas on how to find more music like that chanting?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

>Tau wriggling in pain and panically breathing while trying to get away from Astrates chainswords
My penis has ceased to be soft. It is very hard now.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Tau being the pussies they are and running away from a melee fight

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

That had to be made in engine from something; the textures are pretty bad when close up. Really reminds me of the DoW engine for some reason.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im pretty sure it was just source.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

*Watches Video*

First Minute: WHERE IS YOUR EMPEROR NOW?

Second Minute: WHERE IS YOUR GREATER GOOD NOW?

^how propably every human civilian feels in the Tau/Imperial Border Worlds
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 824