Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964312 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: Happy Fistmas from your friends at the WH40K thread!
« Reply #7890 on: December 25, 2016, 12:10:44 am »

Good point. I mean, Uncle Nurgs already gives out tons of gifts already.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: December 25, 2016, 03:16:24 am »

Logan Grimnar is the best Santa in the entire galaxy.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: December 25, 2016, 05:20:04 am »

Can Space Marines get corrupted by eating the brains of heretics? Do the Blood Angels get corrupted by drinking the blood of heretics?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7893 on: December 25, 2016, 08:30:22 am »

Yes, but not in the direct way - they would gain the heretic memories and such, so if something they would see there was enough to break their faith, they could fall to Chaos.
IIRC, Blood Angles don't really drink blood of random people, only themselves, and those that do are overtaken by their periods Red Thirst, so they're already pretty fucking questionable and Red Thirst is usually straight road to Black Rage if you're weak willed enough to get corrupted, at which point being corrupted is a moot point since you're shimmering with rage like the best of the Antry Marines and only want to kill, so you are strategically dropped onto massed groups of enemy to rip and tear their guts until you are destroyed. Though, in general the blood drinking stuff of Blood Angles and their successors is quite... heretical, as it usually leads to Red Thirst and Black Rage - not to mention that some of those special snowflakes like Blood Drinkers do stuff like dealing with Deamons and so on.
There is of course Mephiston who... nobody really knows what he is, but he is clearly corrupted and not by Chaos (as evidenced by Doombreed getting removed and crying to Khorne that Mephiston can't be swayed to Chaos).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: December 29, 2016, 06:24:50 pm »

I finished my first 1k Sons Sorcerer, just four days after I started it, which isn't bad considering how busy I've been the past few days.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just another 8 to go now and they can team up with my old metal Ahriman in a gimmick list for a silly game against my brother. 9 Exalted Sorcerers and Ahriman vs 2250 points of Tyranids.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7895 on: December 29, 2016, 06:43:36 pm »

You can do that? What happens if your minis get pie templated to death or las cannoned?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: December 29, 2016, 07:01:06 pm »

You can do that? What happens if your minis get pie templated to death or las cannoned?

Tyranids are not known for their lascannons. :P

But yeah, you can field Ahriman and a bunch of Exalted Sorcerers as a formation. It sucks really bad like all the 1k Sons formations because they cost insane amounts of points, a fairly minimal Exalted Sorcerer is 200 points for what is basically a ML3 Chaos Lord, and need a lot of units to get their full benefit.

Ahriman and his Exalteds cast on 3s while near Ahriman and if you take the full 10 models in the formation (Ahriman and 9 Exalteds) they reroll 1s on all saves. The Imperial Guard get a better psyker formation.  >:(

I got a box of Rubrics and a box of Exalteds for Christmas, so I'm building a bunch of extra Sorcerers using the spares from the Exalteds on the Rubrics and then my brother and I will see just how terrible the psychic deathstar that is the 1k Sons Sorcerer formations really are.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7897 on: December 29, 2016, 07:58:27 pm »

Ahriman and his Exalteds cast on 3s while near Ahriman and if you take the full 10 models in the formation (Ahriman and 9 Exalteds) they reroll 1s on all saves. The Imperial Guard get a better psyker formation.  >:(
That's what you get for being heretics. Loyalty is much better, it's statistically proven!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: December 29, 2016, 08:14:08 pm »

That's what you get for being heretics. Loyalty is much better, it's statistically proven!

More like that's what happens when GW has the Thousand Sons' rules written by a Space Wolf player.

Sadly I am not even kidding, the guy who was put in charge of writing the rules in Wrath of Magnus was interviewed in a Twitch stream they did of a battle between Space Wolves vs Thousand Sons (the Sons got tabled by turn 3) and said he deliberately gave them bad rules.  :(
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7899 on: December 29, 2016, 08:22:25 pm »

That's a fucking dick move

That's like Matt Ward turning C'Tan into shards just so Uriel Ventris's fuckup was retroactively made insignificant

But worse

Because it's all of them

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7900 on: December 29, 2016, 09:10:18 pm »

Not really. C'Tans getting sharded is fucked up lore and by that extent, fucked up rules.
Giving Thousand Sons bad rules is just fucked up rules while in lore they're still fucking great so there's hope for future that they will get fixed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: December 29, 2016, 10:49:44 pm »

It is also lovely because it means he ate your money :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: December 30, 2016, 01:16:32 am »

Cash for the Cash Throne.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: December 30, 2016, 03:43:52 am »

Not really. C'Tans getting sharded is fucked up lore and by that extent, fucked up rules.
How is C'tan shards fucked up lore? From what I understand they didn't get their power debuffed since they were full C'tan. The change just made it so that the Necrons have overlords of comparable strength to the Eldar gods, which in my opinion is better than having their race be dominated by a mere bunch of Greater Daemon equivalents.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7904 on: December 30, 2016, 07:38:39 am »

How is C'tan shards fucked up lore? From what I understand they didn't get their power debuffed since they were full C'tan. The change just made it so that the Necrons have overlords of comparable strength to the Eldar gods, which in my opinion is better than having their race be dominated by a mere bunch of Greater Daemon equivalents.
Because, yes, there was a problem with that they were supposed to rival other Gods, however on the table were pretty shitty. My problem lies that in the past they were supposedly godly rape machines, but with them being turned into shards and being enslaved by Necrons, they got turned into glorified Pokemon.
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 824