Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964528 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K discussion thread: TTS is dead: so long, and thanks for all the bolters.
« Reply #12105 on: October 10, 2022, 09:41:05 am »

On topic: the legacy board game “King’s dilemma” is a surprisingly awesome voting simulator. Everyone is choosing where to spend their power in order to have fulfil their own houses agendas. The nobles are all invested, but no where near on the same side. The fate of the “kingdom” also gets steered towards a good or bad ending depending on those outcomes.

Fantastic for advisors for a governor. With… secret agendas.

Off-topic. I like guard, I play guard. I think I’m out of the hobby enough that I probably won’t buy guard
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K discussion thread: TTS is dead: so long, and thanks for all the bolters.
« Reply #12106 on: October 10, 2022, 11:26:32 am »

Guardn't

I still have that venerable ancient 2nd ed chaos dreadnaught to paint.  It's like twice or more bigger a canvas than my usual battletech minis.  Plus I can't be assed to explain to dad that, yes, hot pink chaos marines are totally canon.

Gencon back in august I picked up a Stinger Airmech LAM model for battletech, only for the kit to have two left legs.  Airmech's essentially one of those Macross/Robotech half-jet half-robot things, a black sheep thing in BT that's mostly written out of the universe but they're kinda nifty and I already have a standard Stinger for its mech form.  I emailed the mini company about it and allegedly they sent the leg out but it's been like two months and no leg.  I'm thinking of grabbing a load of Green Stuff and some other tools and trying to fabricate a "wrecked" one to use as an objective marker or something.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12107 on: October 10, 2022, 01:04:36 pm »

Birdman has fun with everybody! :D
We like to do a little trolling

Off-topic. I like guard, I play guard. I think I’m out of the hobby enough that I probably won’t buy guard
Buy 500 green plastic army men

Roll Imperial Guard army of 500 conscripts

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12108 on: October 10, 2022, 02:08:18 pm »

Birdman has fun with everybody! :D
We like to do a little trolling

I was thinking earlier that is Birdman's winstate is the stalemate, then his goal should probably be to intensify and complicate the stalemate. By creating and awakening new gods to play the Great Game, perhaps?~
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12109 on: October 10, 2022, 02:22:27 pm »

I would generally say the status quo of 40k is the win-state of all the gods.

Endless misery, war, suffering, famine, disease, hedonism, hyprocrisy and so on and so forth. Yes technically they are all striving to finish the Great Game in a position of absolute superiority, but it's likely that the acts they would need to take to achieve it would be tantamount to wiping the board clean and starting anew somewhere else.

They are also all afflicted by crab-bucket mentality. Tzeentch is very overt about it with his whole scheming against himself thing, but Khorne champions literally have to behead each other to rise in station at a certain point, most Slaanesh worshippers self destruct or slump into decadent inactivity, Nurgle worshippers burn themselves out like an actual virus that kills it's host, so on and so forth. They all work against their nominal victory condition because winning isn't fun, the game is fun.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LadyBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Used to be LordBrassroast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12110 on: November 09, 2022, 04:31:02 pm »

Start of my fallen Templar army for the World Eaters dex, Reginard the Fratricide

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12111 on: November 09, 2022, 04:51:09 pm »

Shiny traitor.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12112 on: November 09, 2022, 05:45:57 pm »

Shinies for the shinie throne
Love, scriver~

LadyBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12113 on: November 09, 2022, 05:51:31 pm »

Shiny like in Firefly or shiny like I should weather him more

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12114 on: November 09, 2022, 05:55:25 pm »

Weather for the weather god!

Nah but I thought it looked great
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12115 on: November 09, 2022, 07:41:13 pm »

Hey even chaos maniacs can polish their armor now and then.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12116 on: November 10, 2022, 02:22:32 am »

I thought it lacked a tad in Horrible Mutations, but otherwise decent.

On topic: the legacy board game “King’s dilemma” is a surprisingly awesome voting simulator. Everyone is choosing where to spend their power in order to have fulfil their own houses agendas. The nobles are all invested, but no where near on the same side. The fate of the “kingdom” also gets steered towards a good or bad ending depending on those outcomes.

Fantastic for advisors for a governor. With… secret agendas.

There is a Steam Game appearing in 2023, looks decent since I'm not playing a 79 euro board game with myself.

LadyBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12117 on: November 10, 2022, 03:33:05 am »

I thought it lacked a tad in Horrible Mutations, but otherwise decent.

Eh, Khorne has never had a super gribbly aesthetic. Berzerkers have always had minimal mutations, especially the new ones.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12118 on: November 10, 2022, 03:46:52 am »

Recent traitors would also be lacking in them.

All that trim and mutant parts take time to appear after all, so traitor primaris in particular would still look pretty clean given how little time they've existed for in setting.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12119 on: November 10, 2022, 03:52:08 am »

Making sure their armor is perfectly shiny and prim seems very Slaanesh to me, hmm.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 824