Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 325358 times)

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1980 on: September 18, 2012, 07:36:59 pm »

30K a horn tho...
An illegal $30K. Let's wait until we're off of Terra before screwing our reputation over.
Not if no one knows...........
You are not considering how quickly secrets get out in the modern world.
Well considering I just posted it on the Internet for everyone to see, your probably right
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 18, 2012, 07:39:14 pm »

30K a horn tho...
An illegal $30K. Let's wait until we're off of Terra before screwing our reputation over.
Well considering I just posted it on the Internet for everyone to see, your probably right
Also, our customers... No honor among thieves, ya know.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 19, 2012, 03:34:32 am »

Let's just say that we're doing it to make them a less valuable target for poachers, and that we need the money to continue funding our rhinoceros preservation efforts. Simple.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 19, 2012, 06:14:12 am »

The estimated cost prices lies in the billions, maybe even more.

Let's just say that we're doing it to make them a less valuable target for poachers, and that we need the money to continue funding our rhinoceros preservation efforts. Simple.
Might actually work. Or we might just  cut of the horns, then tell everyone they will be destroyed*. (And sell them in secret)

*That's what happens currently in some places.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 19, 2012, 06:15:36 am »

Makes sense. I've heard of the same thing happening to elephants.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 19, 2012, 09:52:27 am »

30K a horn tho...
Also, our customers... No honor among thieves, ya know.
How about fake rhino horn? It's sold to the chinese as a medicine in powdered form, and the price is higher than that of gold or cocaine. Now, bulls' horns and even cow/pig/whatever hooves are chemically indistinguishable from rhino horn...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 19, 2012, 10:43:54 am »

-SNIP, No Quote Pyramid-
How about fake rhino horn? It's sold to the chinese as a medicine in powdered form, and the price is higher than that of gold or cocaine. Now, bulls' horns and even cow/pig/whatever hooves are chemically indistinguishable from rhino horn...

And if we sell enough, the demand will be lower. We're saving Rhinos, getting money and giving the Chinese a taste of their own medicine.

We could even use the newly prosperous rhino population as mounts on Mars!
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 19, 2012, 10:47:43 am »

Waait. I tought we would be taking over the DRC in a very subtle way, improve the conditions for good PR, then mine all the natural resources and take off? I dont think DRC has rhinos tough. Mayby we can import wild rhinos to breed?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 19, 2012, 10:56:00 am »

Waait. I tought we would be taking over the DRC in a very subtle way, improve the conditions for good PR, then mine all the natural resources and take off? I dont think DRC has rhinos tough. Mayby we can import wild rhinos to breed?

Even if they don't have rhinos, saving them is good PR (though if China finds out, it's bad... dunno) So yeah... we better think that over.
Then again, money is very, very anything. Even subtle.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 19, 2012, 11:15:51 am »

I am fully against rhino farming. It's yet another 'and this is why we must destroy them, mr. President/Prime minister/ dictator.' Just waiting to happen.

Also, I'd suggest we use old biplanes in our airforce (when there is one...) Because:
1. Biplanes show up less on radar. (Not much metal)
2. They are easy to repair. Give your average peasent a toolbox and you've got a capable mechanic.
3. They are hard to damage much. Think about it, three weak points:
I) Pilot
II) Engine
III) the wires supporting the wings
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 19, 2012, 11:22:26 am »

I am fully against rhino farming. It's yet another 'and this is why we must destroy them, mr. President/Prime minister/ dictator.' Just waiting to happen.

Also, I'd suggest we use old biplanes in our airforce (when there is one...) Because:
2. They are easy to repair. Give your average peasent a toolbox and you've got a capable mechanic.
I) Pilot
II) Engine

Con - are slower and are easier to shoot down.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 19, 2012, 11:26:55 am »

I) Pilot
II) Engine

Con - are slower and are easier to shoot down.

Prob rarer nowadays, so also relatively expensive. And a modern rocket won't need to hit any weakspot. Nor will incendiary ammo, I guess.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 19, 2012, 11:31:54 am »

Another con is their limited flight high, flight operation, and horrible steering. They are not that easy to repair either. The wires need to be calibrated perfectly, as wrong calibration might result in failure and loss of the plane. The weaponry is also hard to calibrate, as wrong calibration causes the machine gun to hit the propellor. Also, most modern bullets pack quite a punch, they can just tear of your entire wing in a few hits.

What, we are saving an near extinct species(no reason to shoot one whitout horn) and making a profit. Hell, we can even do the selling on the black market and then we'd be following standard procedures.

If we're going to have an airforce, I propose we hold on to our dirigibles, and invest in cheap interception technology. (A tight network of iron chains stops most rockets on a safe distance. And flak can stop fighters.) For fighters we use whatever we can get out hands on cheapily.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 19, 2012, 12:22:55 pm »

If we take over DRC there will be plenty of rebel and governement weapons to use. I dont think they have alot of vehicles, let alone aircraft tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 19, 2012, 12:58:17 pm »

If we take over DRC there will be plenty of rebel and governement weapons to use. I dont think they have alot of vehicles, let alone aircraft tough.
They do, like all nations in Africa, have some left over from the West. Nothing really cutting edge or functionall though.

Just checked the wiki. Apparently the Navy has exacty one ship operational, and most of the Air and ground forces are worse of. They do have a lot of manpower and ships that can be repaired given correct supplies.

The problem with Congo is mostly corruption and the fact that the many rebellions have torn the country apart.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 192