Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678246 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #855 on: February 15, 2016, 12:03:22 pm »

Looks like we can perhaps expect a release around the middle of this year. This is all speculation from my part, of course, but that statement and the removal of the ALPHA tag from the various images in the latest dev diaries seem to point that way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 15, 2016, 09:01:45 pm »

Sectors look more like out of Cities: Skylines than CK2.

Haha, Doomdark is talking about expansions already...
It's not the first time.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 15, 2016, 09:18:59 pm »

Ooo, definitely wouldn't mind seeing this game sooner rather than later. Would be strange to see it release before HoI4 though, no?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 16, 2016, 01:49:38 am »

Hmh, I hope it is not completed too soon, since that points towards it being rather simple, yes? Although many aspects of the game seem great, I still have this nagging feeling it will be a proof-of-concept test like Sengoku. Then there will be the real Galaxy Universalis later.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 16, 2016, 02:25:15 am »

Hmh, I hope it is not completed too soon, since that points towards it being rather simple, yes?
It was in development for a long time before it was announced and likely will be for a long time after release.
Although many aspects of the game seem great, I still have this nagging feeling it will be a proof-of-concept test like Sengoku. Then there will be the real Galaxy Universalis later.
I'd consider that very unlikely. They've been talking already about potential for expansion, and it's too hype of a concept to do something like that with. Sengoku and March of Eagles were both fairly niche in historical target area, and this is very much not. If they were going to release a prototype, it probably would have been a colonial/age of sale game using islands and the sea instead of planets and space.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 16, 2016, 07:41:09 am »

If the game is released soon, I hope they make a proper marketing blitz in the same way as the videos for CKII. I think the gaming world has been itching for a proper 4X for a long while, this would be a chance for Paradox to gain new fans.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 16, 2016, 10:00:27 am »

Looks like we can perhaps expect a release around the middle of this year. This is all speculation from my part, of course, but that statement and the removal of the ALPHA tag from the various images in the latest dev diaries seem to point that way.

I quote myself.

If I would have to guess about the release date...10% chance for a Q1 release [march] ; 70% for Q2 and 20% for Q3. IMO.

So yeah..in fact, now it's more like 80% for Q2*. [*PCG "article".]

Hmh, I hope it is not completed too soon, since that points towards it being rather simple, yes?
It was in development for a long time before it was announced and likely will be for a long time after release.
Although many aspects of the game seem great, I still have this nagging feeling it will be a proof-of-concept test like Sengoku. Then there will be the real Galaxy Universalis later.
I'd consider that very unlikely. They've been talking already about potential for expansion, and it's too hype of a concept to do something like that with. Sengoku and March of Eagles were both fairly niche in historical target area, and this is very much not. If they were going to release a prototype, it probably would have been a colonial/age of sale game using islands and the sea instead of planets and space.

Heh, don't worry, this game will be supported by PD for a long time, just like CK2 or EU4. It's a "main title", and also, don't forget about the fact that 4x space strategies are still very popular...not to mention, that this game "begs for expansions" anyway, and _that_ is the most important thing to the devs. :D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 16, 2016, 01:22:00 pm »

If the game is released soon, I hope they make a proper marketing blitz in the same way as the videos for CKII. I think the gaming world has been itching for a proper 4X for a long while, this would be a chance for Paradox to gain new fans.
Those... golden.... videos.

We need more. So much more.

That piracy video was the only reason why I actually bought CK2.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 16, 2016, 01:58:04 pm »

I imagine the more recent Paradox games might be a pain to pirate, though, with all the DLC, cosmetic or not, and updates.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 16, 2016, 02:19:32 pm »

I imagine the more recent Paradox games might be a pain to pirate, though, with all the DLC, cosmetic or not, and updates.

Why is that ? Its not like there are no pirate versions of CK2 with all DLC and newest patches ...
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 16, 2016, 08:34:29 pm »

If the game has an active playerbase, you get updated torrents. And there exist for CK2 regularly updated stores of DLC for people who have the steam version but don't want to drop a couple hundred dollars to play the full game.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 22, 2016, 09:50:47 am »

Stellaris Dev Diary #22 - Alliances and Federations

Next week’s topic is Multiplayer!

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 22, 2016, 12:14:05 pm »

Whoa, alliances sound like they would be hell to hold together and control. I like it.

The unified ship design for the federations is interesting also, I guess only the federation 'leader' get to edit those?

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 22, 2016, 12:39:11 pm »

I guess only the federation 'leader' get to edit those?

Yep. -> "The Federation president gets to design these ship templates using all the best technologies of all the member empires."

Btw, this federation system will spice up the mid/late game for sure.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 22, 2016, 01:39:15 pm »

I guess only the federation 'leader' get to edit those?

Yep. -> "The Federation president gets to design these ship templates using all the best technologies of all the member empires."

Btw, this federation system will spice up the mid/late game for sure.
Not sure how I missed that heh.
I guess it's going to work like the HRE where the federation get all the control externally and there is some tensions inside kind of deal. Breaking off a federation would definitely get interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 632