Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1677328 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #2550 on: May 23, 2016, 06:12:48 pm »

Oh, and to clarify, "differing war philosophies" has apparently nothing to do with ethos. It shows up if you've been at war recently.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 23, 2016, 06:16:19 pm »

In response to those wishing we could set up agricultural worlds and ship food across the galaxy to support our Coruscant clones, I have written the Bread Baskets Mod, which does just that.

Adds in two new buildings (plus three upgrades for each, eight techs and a new resource), the dehydrator and rehydrator.  The dehydrator takes food and compresses it into 'stored food' (read: dry, tasteless nutrient bricks) which unlike food is shared between worlds.  Hungry worlds can use the rehydrator to convert that stored food back into edible meals.

If anyone wants to test this out, would appreciate feedback on how/whether it works.  Still bugs to iron out with it, naturally, and god only knows how sectors will react.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 23, 2016, 06:38:15 pm »

Oh, and to clarify, "differing war philosophies" has apparently nothing to do with ethos. It shows up if you've been at war recently.
That's funny, because it also shows up for me when I've NEVER BEEN IN A WAR AT ALL EVER.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2553 on: May 23, 2016, 06:40:02 pm »

That's funny, because it also shows up for me when I've NEVER BEEN IN A WAR AT ALL EVER.
hence why I said it's a bug

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 23, 2016, 06:41:56 pm »

In response to those wishing we could set up agricultural worlds and ship food across the galaxy to support our Coruscant clones, I have written the Bread Baskets Mod, which does just that.

Adds in two new buildings (plus three upgrades for each, eight techs and a new resource), the dehydrator and rehydrator.  The dehydrator takes food and compresses it into 'stored food' (read: dry, tasteless nutrient bricks) which unlike food is shared between worlds.  Hungry worlds can use the rehydrator to convert that stored food back into edible meals.

If anyone wants to test this out, would appreciate feedback on how/whether it works.  Still bugs to iron out with it, naturally, and god only knows how sectors will react.
Ooouuuuhhhhh inam so going to test that!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 23, 2016, 07:12:14 pm »

and god only knows how sectors will react.
INB4 all planets are composed of half dehydrators and half rehydrators in an infinite loop.

Indeed, I do this.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 23, 2016, 07:14:18 pm »

hence why I said it's a bug
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684945619

3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2557 on: May 23, 2016, 07:15:22 pm »

Eh don't give unmodded ai that much credit, everyone loving player under endgame threat is hardcoded. Ppl are already exployting it by keeping the endgame menaces confined, battered but alive
Right now I've got my Unbidden contained and observed as my Universe's eye of terror. Due to where they arrived there is no easy gateway for them to exit their galactic spiral through the south, so they must go north - into all the Empires that hate me. Every time I feel their gaze upon my Southern Empire I delete all of my Fortresses to let the Unbidden harvest them and thin their numbers a bit, and when I feel they've had enough, send in a pacifying fleet and reconstruct the Fortress line to close the gaps once more and let the northern species recover. Since I've reverse engineered their tech, there seems little point in destroying them for good. Containment is expensive but... Having a doosmday in a bottle is too much fun! If anyone destroys my Empire, they unleash the Unbidden upon them as revenge :D

One of the more entertaining things is when you use the console to trigger all 3 crises... Whoever wins, the species lose.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 23, 2016, 09:04:07 pm »

Coincidentally I just had the Unbidden proc in my galaxy. They spawned on the leftmost spiral, in the middle of the "Federation of Pathetic Militaries Who Teamed Up to Keep the Fanatical Purifiers from Raping Them"

Yeah, those guys are about to get FUCKING WRECKED.
Which is actually pretty good for me, because once they get FUCKING WRECKED, the Unbidden will pretty much have to go through the Khessam, I.E. the Fanatical Purifiers who are the current strongest race in the galaxy. Who also happen to be RIGHT GODDAMN NEXT TO ME.
But now they have other problems :P
I'll pounce and liberate a bunch of their planets after they get FUCKING WRECKED.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 23, 2016, 09:35:57 pm »

Yes, and I'll have used practically no military strength while the Unbidden will have had to slog through the most powerful race in the galaxy to get to me.
BTW, I'm the SECOND most powerful race atm. And if ground combat has any bearing vs. the Unbidden then they're fucking SCREWED because I'm SPEHSS MUHRIN PSYCHIC DRAGONS. With Planetary shields and Hyper Shields to reduce the effect of orbital bombardies.
Worst case I can turtle to a hilarious degree while building strength but like I said, they'll have to slog through the Fanatics first.

Indeed, I do this.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2560 on: May 23, 2016, 09:46:28 pm »

I want a new warp drive version as a mod: Puller Wormhole Gates.

Instead of wormhole gates being able to send and receive over a given area, these gates only receive, and they work at any range. This race has a very, very slow warp drive to go with it.

As a result, they expand no faster than their slow warp drives allow, but within their space, they move extremely quickly.

Also, I kind of want a taller tech tree. There's what, five tiers of power plant? Twenty or so could work, with similar scaling of the other techs. I want to still be partway through the tech tree even 300 years into a game.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 23, 2016, 09:51:49 pm »

So basically like the wormgate network in Schlock Mercenary.  No idea how well it'd work in Stellaris, but it's a neat concept.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 23, 2016, 10:10:13 pm »

I've been building strength in the galactic north of my two-arm spiral. There is a Militant Isolationist FE at the end of my spiral with a good buffer zone between us. To the galactic east of my empire were two others who did not like me very much.

The galaxy was limited to hyperdrive (seriously like my favorite thing to do now) so I've been able to lock down and build defenses on my planets while I outresearch everyone else thanks to dedicated research planets and the goldmine of social tech that is the stone age primitive planet. I wound up allying myself with the faction neighboring me on the inner arm in an effort to lock down the only point in my empire that led to the patchwork of empires south of me. We opened our borders and now my materialistic empire has a large number of agriculturally adept fungoids to man the hydroponic facilities.

It was just before my first war that I noticed a possible problem with the current state of affairs in my galaxy: fully one third of the empires had joined a single federation. I was part of a three-way alliance, and everyone else was independent (including both of my neighbors to the east, luckily). My standing among the primary combined powers in the galaxy was balanced on a razor's edge - half of them hated me, but the others were good friends. Of course the Federation president had the worst relationship with me, and so I went about placing an embassy within his empire.

Relations with my closest eastern neighbor broke down and they declared war on us. It was a mistake they regretted, as my fleet and those of my two allies steamrolled through their empire and annihilated any military capacity they had. These birdmen were vassalized.

Once I was able to I began to integrate them into my empire. The empire that stood east of my vassal, my only other nearby neighbor in the arm (excluding the isolationists), declared war on my vassal, and so my fleet was called in along with my allies' once more. Though they put up a good fight, taking out nearly half of my capital ships and most of my screening fleet, they too became my vassals. With my immediate space secured, I opted out of my alliance and began a full campaign to align myself with the massive federation of mostly militant states.

Currently I stand as the peak of individual power in an empire in all fields, barring that of the Fallen Empire. Relations with the Federation are on the rise, and I still hold good relations with my old allies. Politically at this point I have no enemies. The first empire I conquered has been integrated and I've begun work on the second. My immediate plans include joining the Federation and building up a massive fleet for an assault on the ring worlds of the Fallen Empire in an effort to fully secure my half of the galactic arm.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 23, 2016, 10:25:18 pm »

Also, I kind of want a taller tech tree. There's what, five tiers of power plant? Twenty or so could work, with similar scaling of the other techs. I want to still be partway through the tech tree even 300 years into a game.

That's doable with mods, I'd think. People are already adding new ship modules. All you'd need would be someone willing to do all of the legwork of creating all of the new tech file entries, art assets, statlines, &c. You'd probably also need to add a scaling like that for the +HP module, otherwise everything with shield-pen would be massively OP 'cause high-tech in those lines could poof BBs.

Would probably also be good to try to include a dreadnought-tier ship with more slots on the three sections that we're limited to.

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 23, 2016, 11:28:58 pm »

TFW you're up past midnight editing saves because the game is buggy as shit and half the events/anomalies don't trigger properly. >.>

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 632