Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678251 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #3195 on: August 16, 2016, 09:42:38 pm »

So this game has been released for a while. What sort of mods do people recommend?
I actually built a necessary mod list while we were working on the multiplayer
These are the mods I feel are necessary right now for an interesting, immersive game. I run a plethora of other ones, but I could play without them. I don't really want to play without these ones.

While most of those do seem pretty self useful, I have to ask... a mod that puts boobs on the foxes is necessary for you to have fun with the game?
I haven't played in awhile so I donno if it's changed but I used to run that mod.   All it does is change facial characteristics.  Males have a dark stripe along their noses and I think there's a difference in nose and ear length between the sexes too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3196 on: August 17, 2016, 06:05:15 am »

It still seems an oddly specific mod to include in a list of 'mods you need to have an interesting game'

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: August 17, 2016, 12:20:16 pm »

Having checked out the small group of dimorphism mods on steam at the moment, most do more subtle things (e.g. color, beak shape, overall size) but that particular one is indeed fox breasts. There is a different fox dimorphism mod that goes another route, if I recall, so if you have qualms with that sort of thing you have another option.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: August 17, 2016, 12:39:05 pm »

Ah my bad then, looks like there are multiple mods with similar names.

That said, one of my little annoyances with the game is not being able to tell differences between males and females of the vast majority of the races.  It has no gameplay effect sure, but what's the point of coding a system like that if you are going to use it for one vanilla species and nothing else?  It makes you feel like you are missing game features unless you play humans.

I don't want to play humans.  I'm a human 100% of my boring real life up to this point, and I don't forsee that being able to change in my lifetime.   I want to play as something else in my videogames now and then thanks.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:44:59 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: August 17, 2016, 12:48:09 pm »

Ah my bad then, looks like there are multiple mods with similar names.

That said, one of my little annoyances with the game is not being able to tell differences between males and females of the vast majority of the races.  It has no gameplay effect sure, but what's the point of coding a system like that if you are going to use it for one vanilla species and nothing else?
*Ahem*

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: August 17, 2016, 02:16:26 pm »

That said, one of my little annoyances with the game is not being able to tell differences between males and females of the vast majority of the races.  It has no gameplay effect sure, but what's the point of coding a system like that if you are going to use it for one vanilla species and nothing else?  It makes you feel like you are missing game features unless you play humans.

Because otherwise you'll get tumblrinas going absolutely mental over the lack of/perceived lack of female representation. The forums would be alight with people saying that they wanted to be a female oblozsgorsh and could only be a male version and that it's sexist.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: August 17, 2016, 02:20:53 pm »

Because otherwise you'll get tumblrinas going absolutely mental over the lack of/perceived lack of female representation. The forums would be alight with people saying that they wanted to be a female oblozsgorsh and could only be a male version and that it's sexist.
Or it could be for the same reason as in EU4: it is completely irrelevant except for the writing of AARs.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: August 17, 2016, 02:51:45 pm »

Or it could be for the same reason as in EU4: it is completely irrelevant except for the writing of AARs.
Pretty much the same thing really - it's just in to make sure that everyone is catered for. There's nothing wrong with it, but the reason behind it is so that no one gets angry.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: August 17, 2016, 03:40:31 pm »

If that's what they're worried about, then you'd think they would've considered the fact that there only being two genders available is sexist as well. Rally the peasants, light the torches, brandish the pitchforks! /s

In all seriousness, I could see fox boobs being a DLC. Some would hate it, some would love it, and everyone would shamefully buy it.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: August 17, 2016, 03:59:29 pm »

why does everything need to be "because SJWs are crazy"? like give it a fucking rest, guys. you're worse than the trolls and poes you're angry about.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: August 17, 2016, 04:12:36 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: August 17, 2016, 06:38:00 pm »

Pretty much the same thing really - it's just in to make sure that everyone is catered for. There's nothing wrong with it, but the reason behind it is so that no one gets angry.
I find it more plausible that it's there for immersion and variety of the non-political sort. Similar to how the images move because it makes them seem more alive, not because being still would make athletic people angry, or they're divided into loose racial categories for organization and background purposes, not because the biologists would be on them otherwise. They apparently drew the line at trying to figure out what should differentiate sexes, but including two genders and a handful of colorations doesn't strike me as unusual or pandering enough to look like it was done out of fear.

like give it a fucking rest, guys. you're worse than the trolls and poes you're angry about.
Descan no. This is the next chord in the exact song you're complaining about.

Relevant. And very well-sung.
Speaking of songs, this is amazing. I wish more people would channel their tribal hatred into quality art.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: August 17, 2016, 07:08:09 pm »

Yeah, for all that I really try to avoid /v/, their musicals are fantastic (with a few exceptions).

3. Run Resize Enable

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: August 17, 2016, 11:05:36 pm »

It's not like humans would likely be able to tell the sex of random aliens anyway? Look at a housefly and tell me if it's male or female.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: August 18, 2016, 12:03:39 am »

I mean, yeah. If you're applying human sexual characteristics to aliens you're doing it wrong. We barely share them on a recognizable level with our closest cousins, never mind shit from thousands of lightyears away.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 632