Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678220 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5850 on: February 23, 2018, 05:07:06 pm »

Weird. Did you move your military fleets above their planet? I want to say it could be an edict/policy thing, but if you're Barbaric Despoilers... Your policies should allow it by default. Weird.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: February 23, 2018, 06:48:18 pm »

I understand why they restricted travel to hyperlanes, it doesn't mean I have to like it.

In other news, 2 jumps in one direction got me 'The Worm', 2 jumps in the other got ghost colony. Good times.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: February 23, 2018, 07:11:02 pm »

I understand why they restricted travel to hyperlanes, it doesn't mean I have to like it.

In other news, 2 jumps in one direction got me 'The Worm', 2 jumps in the other got ghost colony. Good times.
Do you mean What Was Will Be, What Will Be Was? Or the dimensional horror?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: February 23, 2018, 07:12:35 pm »

Weird. Did you move your military fleets above their planet? I want to say it could be an edict/policy thing, but if you're Barbaric Despoilers... Your policies should allow it by default. Weird.

Yeah no I had some ships in orbit and everything. I'm going to chalk it up to user error and try again lol.

Glad to know that it works, though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: February 23, 2018, 07:45:56 pm »

It does for this patch at least. I'm 95% convinced that Paradox is going to prevent it from happening or stop it from being so exploitable soon because it's way too strong and easy to do. The abducted pops don't even get culture shock until you invade the planet after all.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: February 23, 2018, 07:53:30 pm »

It does for this patch at least. I'm 95% convinced that Paradox is going to prevent it from happening or stop it from being so exploitable soon because it's way too strong and easy to do. The abducted pops don't even get culture shock until you invade the planet after all.

What if you blow the planet up instead? Also, can you raid a planet that you have an observation post over?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: February 23, 2018, 07:56:25 pm »

I'm 95% certain that I raided the planet with an observation post over top of it, but honestly I can't remember fully. That planet was in the path of some Marauders so I've had to build and rebuild it plenty of times. If you can spare the minerals, it's worth a shot.

All you need to do to avoid the Culture Shock is not invade the planet. Blowing it up should theoretically work too, though leaving it is probably for the best. Invading just makes an event pop up which gives all pops of that species culture shock. Don't invade and you don't get the event.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: February 23, 2018, 07:58:48 pm »

Being raiders is the first and so far only unremovable government policy that I think is actually worth it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:03 pm »

I decided to take a break from being a hive mind and try out a friendly pacifist federation.

It's a Huge galaxy and so far I've discovered about seven Slaving Despots, two Honourable Warriors (-100 because we're cowards) and a single spiritualist empire.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: February 23, 2018, 09:09:46 pm »

Well, I asked this a year ago and the answer was negative, so I might as well ask again since it seems that things have changed on this front: to what extent is it possible to play a Metroid "Space Pirate" race? Lots of conquest, genetic modification, slavery of other races, raiding others, etc.

Well there's the raiding trait you can take that allows you to bombard a planet while whisking their population away.

You can also get by real good slaving in general, and there's even more genetic modification options since a year ago.

So, sounds good to me.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: February 23, 2018, 09:09:58 pm »

The game is skewed to spawn empires of opposite/whatever ethnics as you. Don't ask me how badly but it certainly not in your favour.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: February 23, 2018, 09:20:11 pm »

I've had games where it's the opposite, though. I've played spiritualist friendly-folk and had 4-5 similar civs near me.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: February 23, 2018, 09:59:28 pm »

The game I'm in right now feels pretty strange. I'm bordered by ~4 empires and they all have the same ethics as me. Some don't have the intensities of ethics but they share both mine. It's a bit annoying since I was going to be militaristic and play with the new war system but everyone in my half of the galaxy has a +100 opinion of me.

Also, is there any way to turn off the "auto-best" ship designs that get created whenever you get better ship tech? It's infuriating having it pollute my designs whenever I research the next level of shields or whatever.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: February 23, 2018, 10:23:31 pm »

There should be a tick-mark in one of the corners that specifies whether the design can be auto-upgraded or not.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: February 23, 2018, 10:29:56 pm »

Yes at the bottom below the designs on the left hand side. Wish it could default to off...
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 632