Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 103084 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - The Tomb of the Forgotten King [Day 1]
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 01:18:27 am »

Oh, hah. Tabs! Never even new google docs had tabs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 03:46:31 am »

first = Darvi
Why did you miss so many of my games. o____o
'cause I don't do fast paced. Unless it's thinking and talking, in which case I inevitably screw up.

Darvi: Would you rather be a Ranger or a Warrior, and why?
Warrior, 'cause the one ranger I know is trying to act as my conscience.

Darvi: Why did you pick random?
I didn't.

Darvi: How did you get in twice?!

Also, who would you most prefer as a scumbuddy? Who would you prefer the least, and why on both?
Didn't you know? There's more than one of me.

Flan, because I wouldn't want to be gibbed, and Dwarfinton because newbie.

Flan, why have you locked yourself up with the res of us?
Native, what would be more dangerous, a two man scum team and a SK, or a three man scumteam?
GG: Why did you figure I was the entire scumteam I mean I am RL-scum and all that but why this game specifically?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 03:55:43 am »

Darvi: I would say a two-man scumteam and an SK, because of the likelihood of at least a few nights with two kills. In a game of ten, that's would put us at LYLO in two days, assuming only town is hit by the NKs (worst-case scenario).
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 07:34:49 am »

-snip-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvFsNFGsoA1KdGZsTVZfY3VmX0w3OVhoRk5PaEl5NVE&authkey=CI-PoZUM&hl=en&authkey=CI-PoZUM#gid=0
Oh, I wondered why everyone was asking about which artifacts...

Oh, hah. Tabs! Never even new google docs had tabs.
^This.

Too used to seeing tabs at the top of the screen, and being not faded. Fixin'

Tiruin: Which artifact do you think would be most useful for the town?
The Brooch of the Phoenix, for those who play a good day game as it revives them from a scum NK/poison shot but has the chance of getting poisoned scum back to life,. Or Excalibur, being Arthur's good blade, shows the complete and utter truth about who is who and can break down an added defense.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 07:57:45 am »

Dariush: If you were a scum Paladin, how would you use your inspect?
I probably won't, unless I have a strong suspicion there's a third party.

Dariush: Why do you think nobody is asking you anything? Except for this.
Why did you miss UI's question?
Nevertheless, what is your most favorite class here if scum? If town?
If scum, warrior because NK protection bypass. If town, bard because moar itemz.
~Tralala-la-lalala...
Are you claiming bard so early, Tiruin? If yes, why? If no, what the fuck was that verse for?
Because I get 2 items, one is uncommon. Gotta get all the advantages I can since I'm new and dying during day 1 isn't all that fun.
Why the lack of confidence I sense, there? What makes you think that you are liable for death during day 1?
Why the nitpicking over wording, there?
Or Excalibur, being Arthur's good blade, shows the complete and utter truth about who is who and can break down an added defense.
Uh. Isn't that a bit too colorful description?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 08:10:12 am »

Or Excalibur, being Arthur's good blade, shows the complete and utter truth about who is who and can break down an added defense.
Uh. Isn't that a bit too colorful description?
Artifact. I'm just playing to general history and...I seem to have mixed up the Grayswandir and Excalibur a bit there. But by the 'added' defense, that means the King's lynch power.

And that verse was to show Mr.D about why everyone wants to be a bard. They know how to sing.

Not claiming bard, but if you want to believe that, then I'm not one to stop you.
...I'd choose bard since who wouldn't want to be a bard?

Also, yes. I did miss Urist.I's question, my mistake.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 09:06:02 am »

Shakerag: Where did you get that avatar? Also, let's say you are a scum Paladin and was inspected, how would you react?

Don't remember exactly, but 99% likely it was via a google image search for "Shyguy" when I was making one in Minecraft.  As for how I would react ... (I assume you imply the inspection result was made public) I really wouldn't react at all. 

unvote
Jack A T:  Do you think Paladins are more likely to be on the scumteam or not?  How about Warriors?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 09:13:00 am »

Mr. D: I'd probably choose thief - my ability would last the whole game instead of just being a two-shot item and I'd be able to actively hinder those I find suspicious.

Dariush:
Dariush: If you were a scum Paladin, how would you use your inspect?
I probably won't, unless I have a strong suspicion there's a third party.
"Won't"?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 10:10:22 am »

GG: Why did you figure I was the entire scumteam I mean I am RL-scum and all that but why this game specifically?
Because you were the only one who COULD be, Darvi! No one else could pull off a two man scum team all by themselves!

(Because no one else managed to sign up twice.)

So, are you not scum at all, then? Then who do you think is? In fact, if you could insta-kill anyone, right now, based on what they've said (or not said) so far, who would it be? Why?

GlyphGryph: If you were a Ranger, how would you act during the day in order to lean on your advantage, or not?
...what? I... what? I don't understand.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 11:20:38 am »

Flandre: Any specific reasons?
Nope. I haven't read any games outside of the ones I participated in (well, one), so it really is an uninformed decision.

Flandre: No different than any other day or game. Seriously.
Easy answer for an easy question. Fair enough.

If you were a Paladin, on what basis would you inspect other players if you choose to use your scroll and why?
If a player was scummy, I would trust my judgement and not waste the scroll--inversely, I would overlook those players who were playing a strong town game. If I doubted someone and had nothing solid to question them with, I'd consider it.

Flandre:  If you were scum and couldn't choose random, which class would you pick?
It would probably be the Priest, since protecting my scumbuddies would seem to be a smart move.
How would it possibly be a smart move, if I may ask?
Vulnerability to night kills is something that is outside of scum control. If a scumbuddy was unpopular, and yet remained alive through the night, he would be a target. By protecting him, the worst that could happen would be his lynch the following day. That buys the scum time, which is extremely valuable.

Flan, why have you locked yourself up with the res of us?
Because I'm lonely, and want someone to play with.
So, Darvi. How would you go about using a Scroll of Replacement?

Dariush: Would you consider the Mage to be a good class choice? Why or why not?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2012, 04:18:04 pm »

Jack: How does newbies in a game affect your scumhunting strategy?
Tiruin: I'm more cautious around newbies.  They're hard to read, due to common tells being dropped through inexperience instead of malice.  They're high priority inspection targets, for me at least.  When doing classic scumhunting, I'll consider things that can easily be attributed to inexperience (weak arguments, for example) as much weaker evidence than I would with more experienced players.

Jack A T:  Do you think Paladins are more likely to be on the scumteam or not?  How about Warriors?
Shakerag: Both cases: A significant amount of people pick random in each game, making class indicate a good bit less about alignment.
Paladins: Honestly, both sides have a very good use for paladins.  There's a good chance of either side picking them, and, with random selection taken into account, any difference in chance is negligible, as far as I can tell.
Warriors: The advantage of warriors is one that is more useful to scum than to town.  However, taking random into account, the class selection becomes significantly less meaningful as an indicator of alignment.  Difference in chance is small, and I'd never use this as evidence, but a scumteam member is more likely to pick warrior than a townie.

Unvote.

Dariush: If you happened to get a Scroll of Mail, are there any situations in which you would use it?

GlyphGryph: As town, would you rather have a Scroll of Paralysis, or a Scroll of Door Creation?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2012, 11:40:31 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T:  Mr. Dwarfinton
Dariush:  Urist Imiknorris, Jack A T
Darvi:  GlyphGryph, Flandre, Tiruin
Tiruin:  Dariush
NativeForeigner:
GlyphGryph:
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris:
Flandre:  Darvi
Mr. Dwarfinton:

Not Voting:  NativeForeigner, Shakerag

Day 1 will last until Friday, 4/20 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 10:58:37 am »

Native:  If you were assigned the Merchant class, but allowed to pick your team (town, scum, or 3rd party) which would you pick and why?

Tiruin:  If you were scum and could pick your two partners' classes, which ones would you pick?

Darvi:  Same question as directed at Tiruin.

Dariush:  Would you be more or less likely to pick a random class if you were town?  Scum?  3rd party?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 11:20:39 am »

Tiruin:  If you were scum and could pick your two partners' classes, which ones would you pick?

A Paladin and a Warrior.

However, I can't help but notice your specifics in the number of scum in this game when that wasn't even mentioned. Why is that, Shakerag?

GlyphGryph: If you were a Ranger, how would you act during the day in order to lean on your advantage, or not?
...what? I... what? I don't understand.
Misread the notes on the Ranger class but had it in mind during questioning. Sorry there, what I meant was: What class do you think is the least powerful and why?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 11:44:29 am »

A Paladin and a Warrior.

However, I can't help but notice your specifics in the number of scum in this game when that wasn't even mentioned. Why is that, Shakerag?

Well ... derp.  I was about to reply with something snarky about you not reading the setup, but then I realized it was the other game I'm in (Supernatural 5) that specified the size of the scumteam, not this one.  So, yeah, my reason is getting two games mixed up. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35