Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86994 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 8: Incognito
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2012, 12:11:38 pm »

((So you three are charging the seemingly bewildered bandits who outnumber you 1.3:1, and Ecidona is staying behind with her dagger on her horse? Just making sure.))
((I'd like if you gave us the exact number of enemies and their type - that information isn't in the turn.

Also, I'm in a frenzy due to a period of tests in my university, as we have talked through IRC. Do not expect much on the realm of tactics or finesse from me for some time. :P

@DigitalHellhound: All of the prisoners are tied to the horses' back. Guarding the captives may be a little difficult in this case.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2012, 12:13:00 pm »

((I'm shooting at them with my bow :P
At this point, they're going to attack anyway unless someone is, like I said, really good at bluffing. Anyone wanna give it a shot?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2012, 12:14:52 pm »

At this point, they're going to attack anyway unless someone is, like I said, really good at bluffing. Anyone wanna give it a shot?))
((If we get close enough, they'll see we are not their comrades and those are on the horses' backs. I don't think bluffing would work very well.

Edit: I'd like to point out that charging into the fray while the enemies are confused to run over them with the horses is a valid strategy.))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:16:53 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2012, 12:18:56 pm »

((If we get close enough, they'll see we are not their comrades and those are on the horses' backs. I don't think bluffing would work very well.))
((Ahh, to assume freely.

You'll never know unless you tried.  :P))

((So you three are charging the seemingly bewildered bandits who outnumber you 1.3:1, and Ecidona is staying behind with her dagger on her horse? Just making sure.))
((I'd like if you gave us the exact number of enemies and their type - that information isn't in the turn.))
((You got a 1,3,1 on recognition so...Also, there may or may not be more enemies still obscured by that watchtower-type. It's pretty lit there, but that's not to say they have people hiding.

This is all just me pointing out things from every point of view though. I don't want people getting confused.

No pressure. Spears and Bows all the way. Like that guy with a hunting horn and a Longbow.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2012, 12:50:05 pm »

((@Everyone: I'm giving up on the charge, let's just try to bluff our way past them and into the main camp.))

Eisen sighed and silently held out a hand, motioning for the group to stop. "...Instead of charging, I'll try to bluff our way through them. They outnumber us, and they can easily call for reinforcements. I trust they aren't a close-knit group enough to know we aren't one of their scouting parties."

Try to bluff our way through the watchers. Tell them we are taking the captives to the main camp.
>Yes?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2012, 01:19:38 pm »

((Half the group bluffs while the other half distract the bandits by attacking something else! Two pronged ambush of death! And stuff. Everybody wins!))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2012, 01:22:01 pm »

((I presume you're all enjoying eating popcorn while watching through that amulet which you can use to speak to them, yes?

No wait, make that fried rats. :P))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2012, 01:47:25 pm »

((Bluffing does seem like a very implausible prospect, though, considering that only one person in the group isn't a nonhuman. Well, maybe Eisen or Ecidona could pass for humans in the right lighting and obscuring clothing, I suppose.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2012, 02:03:53 pm »

((Bluffing does seem like a very implausible prospect, though, considering that only one person in the group isn't a nonhuman. Well, maybe Eisen or Ecidona could pass for humans in the right lighting and obscuring clothing, I suppose.))
((Talked to the GM to clear up some doubts. It turns out the bandits are also a motley group, not composed only of humans. Do you remember how the world is full of different people as pointed out by the OP? Yep, it seems to apply here.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2012, 06:20:07 am »

((Confirming what Caellath said, you haven't just recognized any of them up close. :/

Also, just waiting on you Irony. :P))

Syra pulled up to the frontal parts of the group.

"So we're going straight into their path? No attacking? Alright, I'll try to help you there."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:55:27 am by Tiruin »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2012, 10:18:02 am »

Gurrath nods, and instead of drawing his new yew bow, he decides to scratch his back, and then he relaxes slightly, lowering his stance to a relaxed shoulder trot, keeping his head down by a bit.

Attempt to not draw attention to myself.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2012, 06:16:05 am »

Act all humanoid and bandity, approach group.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 9: An Arrow's Point
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2012, 01:51:30 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

-Turn 9: An Arrow's Point-
or
~The Bow is Mightier than the Pen~

"Not a charge," Eisen said in reply to Syra, "We have a plan."

Shella adjusted her slurbow while making sure the bolt was nocked, "Don't worry, little one. Your ward needs your presence more."

"Leave this to us mercenaries," Gurrath added, "It works better that way." He gave way to Eisen as the man held his torch aloft, transferring the foxman's load onto his own horse before shifting behind Sal'savira as the Seeker took front alongside the Knight.

"I just hope you know what you're doing." Syra said as she returned to her place at the back.

The bandits in front of you do not move from their positions in the slightest as your horses approach, their hooves keeping the rhythm as you try to keep your calm. Looking around, you can see more of the vague silhouettes surrounding the watchtower - seven, eight, nine...not including the bowmen and spearmen in front of you, perhaps amounting to nearly one and a half dozen men.

[Meeting: 1]

The elder man, seemingly their leader, approaches with his cudgel in a cheerful manner. "Hail scouts. I see you've done well in your work." His gaze passes over the column, his smile increasing in size as he nods to himself. "Very impressive. Four hapless mages, I presume. You didn't lose anyone?"

With a silent nod, Eisen unfolded the first quarter.

"Nay, my sire. We arr'nt facing death so easily."
"We're in a rush, and you seem to be interrupting our proceedings." Ecidona said.
"Let us pass. Direct orders to head to the camp." The Malkaven added.
"Hold on, just who are you and why are you giving me orders!? Tell me your name, lad." The bandit says, looking at the foxman.

"Err..."
"Ursa. Who are you to command my party?"

You see the turn of heads, and attention focused on the back of your lines, Syra was speaking.

"You have no authority to ask my companions anything as you're only command of our western guard."
"Someone tell me the lass didn't grow a tongue ever since she's been sent out!" Ursa laughed, marching up to the girl with his cudgel ready, "I'll teach you to speak to me like-"

*THUNK*

In the speed of a second, you see the bandit knocked off balance before falling flat on his feet, a blunt bolt nearby.

"You'd do well to heed her request." Shella intoned, reloading her slurbow while holding a gloved hand out for the bolt, which the leader returned reluctantly.

"Bah, very...well. You, and you, lead them to the camp. Quicken the pace. I don't want to bother with these scum anymore."

Two bowmen clad in leather alight from their posts and unmask their faces, revealing a young man and woman as they approach and lead your group through the guarded perch, with Ursa giving one of the captives a bash on the head for good measure, adding in a muttered curse along the lines of 'Blasted mages...'

As you pass through the outpost, the artificial lighting grows darker and less reminiscent of a populated area - only the light of Luna and Gurrath's torch shows the way, as well as the two guides along your side. From your position, you can see a subtle shift in the map Syra has given you, seemingly moving the viewpoint in your location and lit only by the torch you brought along.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"We're nearing the place, I'll lead you to the main encampment and leave you alone. Ursa is just grumpy these days. Most of us young sent out to do the work of the elders due to the sickness." The man shrugs. "Not much to do but hope. We don't even know what is going on here, the elders - or those who are still hale - refuse to say anything about it. There'll be a meeting soon, and judging by your looks, seem to include anyone who can actually capture a mage alive. Poor sods."

The woman continues as if on a cue. "Nothing matters anymore. What ever happened, it's like we're cursed. More are falling ill and we're not even able to see them in their state. Just give us the order to go back, I don't want to return to the camp. Just keep on heading straight and don't mind the thick foliage. Our leader has somehow chosen the best place to make an encampment - in the heart of the forest, and in a ruin of a fort."

Looking back, you remember nearly half of the guards on watch were sporting different characteristics than that of human youth, as if it was a conglomeration of the differing 'fantasy' races you've heard while in the Bastion, as described by a child.

Syra whispers to you, "Sorry about the whole 'I own you' facade earlier. Figured they wouldn't notice. Constant shifts in the watch and all...sorry for intruding. Glad they didn't though. Wouldn't know what to do then."

Spoiler: Captives (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot Gathered (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes - Poked! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:39:20 pm by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2012, 03:14:56 am »

The old man was lucky Shella has used one of her sandbag bolts-the lead shot would have punched right through his chest.

She clopped forward in front of the group, intent on scanning ahead as best she could. Her heart was beating in her ears, like a drum-the things she had done to be here. There was shame in deception. Her ancestors were not proud.

Thump...Thump

...then again, none of them knew the real reason she was here, did they? It hardly had anything to do with grand destiny.

She had heard of the robbery, the artifact, and who was going to steal it-long before they approached her about the mark. In truth, she had found them. It wasn't hard. It was tricky, manipulating them into accepting her for this mission, but so far it had all worked out.

Thump...Thump

For, there was a man rumored to reside in the bandits camp, up ahead-a wanted man. A very specific man. Not The man, but one step closer to the one she needed to find. One step closer to Tagga. She would have had trouble making it herself...but the group would do enough to get her close. She would turn aside once she got what she wanted from him, when the time was right. No regrets.

Thump.....Thump

Here come the Drums.

Action: Scout ahead as the group moves, reporting any hostilities or dangers I find. Stay hidden and don't engage anything I find.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2012, 07:38:17 pm »

"No, it is fine, Syra. Thanks for your assistance." Eisen said before turning his head back to the path, his gaze still moving around the area attentively.

The foxfolk chuckles as they move deeper into the forest. "Bluffing our way actually worked. A surprisingly good outcome, all things considered."

Onwards to the main camp.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22