Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 87573 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 7: The Short Dark
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2012, 04:34:15 pm »

"Should we bother with blindfolds or just remove their eyes?" Shella said within earshot of the bound bandits, using typical Orcish humor.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2012, 09:16:55 pm »

((IronyOwl, we need your benevolent presence! :D I bump this for you!))

"You're...bringing us on your suicide mission on- horseback?!"

The Spearman looks at you with a mixture of awe and doubt.

"Alright, I get that you're looking for our loot, but there's no need to be hasty..."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2012, 09:27:55 pm »

"Alright, I get that you're looking for our loot, but there's no need to be hasty..."

"How about we make things easier for us then?" Eisen said, starting to check if the bandits had cloaks or clothing that they could wear over their own.

Take the bandits' superficial covering of clothing after getting them gagged and bound. Make sure not to leave them naked, but get clothing enough for the group to use as a disguise.

His eyes narrowed. "Secondary plan."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2012, 11:36:09 pm »

((Sorry.))

Sal'savira cocked her head at the peculiar discussion.

"Perhaps leaving their weapons in a pile far away, then leaving them tied but able to wriggle forward slowly? They would be able to free themselves eventually, but not for some time.

Although I doubt they will attack us again, having seen how it fared once. Such a thing would be most unwise," she finished, fixing the bandits with her stare.

No particular action.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2012, 11:38:10 pm »

((Don't worry about it. =) ))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:22:37 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 8: Incognito
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2012, 04:22:44 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

-Turn 8: Incognito-

Deon gives his comrade a look of disbelief as he and his friends get bound and silenced.

"You just had to open your big mouth. You see, this is why we shut up while our captors work. This is why we just sit in the background and do fluff. This is- mfrrfffpppfhhh..."
"Mmmpphhh?"
"Mfh."

"Just scream if you need help."

The bandits give you looks of appreciation and gratitude, evident by their dagger-like gaze as you pry off their cloaks and other outer garments, leaving only the simplest of coverings behind - a cloth shirt and pants. Their excitement to tell you such has them shivering with glee in the cold.

Gained: Bandit Cloak and Armor! Check your individual spoilers whenever a sign like me pops up!

A few moments later, undisturbed by any of the watchers on the perch, you size each other up and notice that the clothing borrowed fits perfectly on your bodies. Even for pseudo-humanoid beings, the cloak and cloth weavings seem to blend in along with your common wear.

Shella maneuvers her horse to the fore, followed by Gurrath and his torch - each of the other horses bore a bandit all except for the Orc's. "Alright, let's continue the plan."

"I sure hope you know what you're doing." Syra pipes up from behind.

With a nod, Shella draws the reins and orders the column to move in a slow trod, their sounds muffled by the natural noise and the loamy ground. Looking to the perch, you see that none of the men have caught sight of you. As one of the bowmen step down and out of view, another rises and appears to stare right in your direction.

"You forgot to douse the torch!"

[6-1] {1}

The man lifts his bow in the air and gets a torch from its handle, pointing at your party. You can hear his voice clearly through the night air, only muffled by your own breathing.

"They have returned with captives! Rejoice!"

As if alarmed, the men move about in a frenzy, descending from the perch and grabbing their torches, forming two disorderly rows of bowmen and spearmen right at the midsection of the dirt path with an elderly man wielding a cudgel in the middle. You cannot see their disposition towards you from here, but notice that their weapons are held lax by their sides.

Looking at the childrens' expressions, they are as confused as your captives are.

"So you aren't charging in?"

Spoiler: Captives (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot Gathered (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes - Updated! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:38:14 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2012, 05:21:32 am »

It seems I have forgotten to mention this.

Rolls pertaining to the environment [especially 1s and 6s] are generally gradual in their effect while some are instantaneous. All depend on the stimulus applied though - the actions of the beings affecting them. Applying to the sense of realism, if my take is correct in understanding.

Thank you once more for reading.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2012, 05:35:54 am »

((y u so hardworking on your game? xD))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2012, 05:52:44 am »

((y u so hardworking on your game? xD))
((Thanks for the compliment Skyrunner :))

I think it's my weakness? I'm unsure, I just want to tell a story.))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:08:45 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2012, 09:06:23 am »

Eisen looked to the sides with a smile as he rode the horse towards the watchers.
"They have spearmen, but should we charge them down when we get slightly closer? Or disguise won't work very well when we get near them, and we still have the element of surprise."

Shoot down the man with the hunting horn, charge in and trample if the bandits get into disarray/do not have enough time to get their weapons to bear. If my allies do not charge, then do not go in.

Require them to surrender immediately, using the shock of the situation.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:34:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »

Gurrath gave a fake smile, before turning to look at Eisen as in engaging idle conversation.
"If that's so, we'll need to really strike them at the closest range we can get to without them noticing that its not their compatriots."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2012, 08:05:24 pm »

"Then let's stop talking about it and do so. Unless someone here is very good at bluffing." Shegga says, preparing to quick draw her bow.

Action: Shoot the old guy first, if no one has a better idea.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2012, 09:08:45 am »

Guard the prisoners, make sure they don't escape
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2012, 11:51:38 am »

Gurrath nods, and prepares to fire his newly looted bow.

Fire at the spearmen.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:18:59 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2012, 12:01:32 pm »

((So you three are charging the seemingly bewildered bandits who outnumber you 1.3:1, and Ecidona is staying behind with her dagger on her horse? Just making sure.))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22