Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2025850 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14820 on: January 04, 2020, 01:53:32 pm »

If Isekai characters are supposed to have long-lasting impacts, maybe they need to have outright political changes they can produce.  If, for instance, an Isekai engineer appears, he may choose to devote himself to teaching other people how to make machines and develop new ones. Such a thing could be a Society with the Isekai as the first head, or it could be a variant of theocracy/merchant republic or something with a named successor.

Such a thing would make for a lingering, map-changing effect.

I would also suggest that the Isekai can teach others (either directly or indirectly). These people gain a trait that lets them travel to other countries and spread the influence of the traveler. Imagine a doctor capturing people in battle only to put them in house arrest and teach them basic germ theory before freeing them.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14821 on: January 04, 2020, 07:51:23 pm »

Social(or secret) society created for isekai characters would probably be the main thing to do. Great way to mark out close companions/allies/subordinates and a testament to their legacy. 
Whatever type of society depends on the type of isekai person.

Till you hunt and kill each and every last one of them down and destroy their legacy.  Should be an option for that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14822 on: January 05, 2020, 10:27:44 am »

Insekaisiquition?
Love, scriver~

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14823 on: January 05, 2020, 11:01:19 am »

Damned ayliums coming into my world and screwing with the natural order of things?  We will purge this unnatural influence upon our world, wherever it may spring up. 

Deus Vult
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14824 on: January 05, 2020, 04:56:04 pm »

Already had plans for them to teach others, but the original idea was for them to take child students out of the "commoner population" via event (read: generate them whole cloth) and give them basically a fragment of the original's power. Effectively, gen 1 is just the isekai man, and he's basically 100 stat man with a bunch of unique events that make him even more stupidly powerful (and somewhat more agressive than the normal AI since AI 100 stat men sit on their ass a lot). Gen 2 are his direct students and would be basically 50 stat men and have to deal with infighting, gen 3 would be really solid characters but nothing too exceptional, and by generation 4 after the Isekai things have mostly evened out, just with a lot of modifiers that keep spreading until eventually the whole world has them and it's back to normal.

Hadn't figured on a society, but that does actually make sense. I'm imagining something like the Hermetics, but reflavored into a pseudo-religious worship of the scientific method and rationalism.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #14825 on: January 05, 2020, 05:22:43 pm »

I imagine an Engineer or Doctor Isekai in particular could get an event to upgrade Universities to include a department of their own study. This upgraded university is expensive but has a broad positive effect on the region due to graduates spreading around, including a significant tech growth boost. Others could "hire graduates" so long as they are within the same realm as the lord of the university, creating good courtiers.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14826 on: January 05, 2020, 08:50:08 pm »

I imagine an Engineer or Doctor Isekai in particular could get an event to upgrade Universities to include a department of their own study. This upgraded university is expensive but has a broad positive effect on the region due to graduates spreading around, including a significant tech growth boost. Others could "hire graduates" so long as they are within the same realm as the lord of the university, creating good courtiers.
Heck, since this is already growing well out of what I can actually handle, why not entirely new buildings to begin with? I can see something like a Bessemer Forge giving a sizable boost to both melee combat effectiveness and construction time/costs. Maybe only if you have a certain province modifier, which you can only get via a spread event (if the county borders one with the modifier, probably really slow) or if you're a lord who borders a country who has embraced it by decision, possibly a dangerous event line - so it works not unlike EUIV's Institutions.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: January 07, 2020, 01:52:44 pm »

Aye lads, where would one go on this forum to post a CK II AAR?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14828 on: January 07, 2020, 02:20:11 pm »

This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14829 on: January 07, 2020, 02:58:15 pm »

Thank

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14830 on: January 08, 2020, 08:29:06 am »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14831 on: January 08, 2020, 12:25:09 pm »

About the time traveling characters.

Since they are traveling from "our" present, they should only be able to spawn at game start. History changes too much during the game to be sure that such people even exist in the resulting timeline's future. Also any historians would be useless after at most 100 years of altered history. Butterfly effect would make their predictions useless.

Their stats:
Health: 80% to 120% of regular maximum. 80% have Vaccinated(Immunity to SmallPox and Consumption, Resistance to wound infections)

Depending on what their education is, one attribute is set to 30.
But that is not all. They have an event chain, which increases the effective value of the attribute for realm by 20 in the end. But it also decreases piety gain by 2 and every event, should you agree to it, makes the pope hate you more.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: January 08, 2020, 02:23:51 pm »

Sorry, the entire idea of buffing their stats because they're from the future is absolutely absurd. Nothing about being from the future makes people like you more; nothing about it makes you better at leading medieval troops or raising levies from medieval villages; you don't actually know anything about how the medieval economy or taxes or work; you don't have any connections among elites or shady organizations; and even if you're the same religion as someone from the time period, your understanding of the religion is probably vastly different from their own understanding of the "same" religion. You don't have access to any of the infrastructure that your "future knowledge" relies on. Most importantly, you don't have any real knowledge of how to operate in their medieval culture. You don't have connections or friends or credentials or anything. You'd be worse than useless, because you'd expect everything to work differently than it does.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: January 08, 2020, 02:48:38 pm »

That's all true but not terribly relevant to the genre expectations involved here, which are pretty explicitly unrealistic wank and world-warping.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: January 08, 2020, 02:55:38 pm »

That's all true but not terribly relevant to the genre expectations involved here, which are pretty explicitly unrealistic wank and world-warping.

fair enough, it just complicates how you talk about making it work as a mod
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 1002