Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 235156 times)

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3675 on: July 01, 2019, 04:57:59 pm »

Obvious case of cousin rivalry.

I legitimately don't know if that's a thing or not, having no cousins myself.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: July 01, 2019, 07:46:20 pm »

Maybe Durkon just doesn't have as much dramatic sensitivity as Elan.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: July 09, 2019, 03:11:42 pm »

Really? Couldn't he at least waited until the guy finished his speech to make his actions unnecessary? Talking is a free action, so its not like there was any reason to steal his thunder in the middle of his heroic speech.
His actions were always unnecessary though.
I mean, I don't think you really deserve to make a heroic speech if the only reason you are making one is because you forgot a basic fact of the universe (clerics can dispel magic) or because you forget the basic composition of your team (aka, that you have magic users at all).
Neither of those are really good enough reasons to deserve a heroic speech in my opinion especially since (as talking is a free action) he could have just asked if anyone had a way to get through the barrier instead of just forcing himself through.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: July 09, 2019, 03:32:37 pm »

Really? Couldn't he at least waited until the guy finished his speech to make his actions unnecessary? Talking is a free action, so its not like there was any reason to steal his thunder in the middle of his heroic speech.
His actions were always unnecessary though.
I mean, I don't think you really deserve to make a heroic speech if the only reason you are making one is because you forgot a basic fact of the universe (clerics can dispel magic) or because you forget the basic composition of your team (aka, that you have magic users at all).
Neither of those are really good enough reasons to deserve a heroic speech in my opinion especially since (as talking is a free action) he could have just asked if anyone had a way to get through the barrier instead of just forcing himself through.

Rule of Dramatic in storytelling though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: July 09, 2019, 03:45:56 pm »

Yeah he is clearly looking to take a few levels in Skald
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: July 11, 2019, 03:54:07 pm »

As this is obviously all Loki's doing, presumably Plan C is to send in Odin to grandfatherly visit every dwarf left in Hel's domain until he says something horribly ominous that distracts her.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: July 12, 2019, 05:24:53 am »

I see - Either Hell gives up hundreds of thousands (or even millions) of dwarven souls, or she is unable to interfere with the events.

Quote from: LW
One of these days we will succeed in deporting all Scandinavians back to Somalia
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled shield user
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: July 12, 2019, 06:42:04 am »

Or both. Unless she says that she gives up all of them right now, they are going to keep pestering her.  She might keep giving away souls, then find out that she is too late and the combat is over.
The shield is mightier than the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: July 14, 2019, 05:36:18 am »

Or she ends up giving away so many souls that she becomes too weak to influence a high level cleric of another god.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • Pika Pika!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: July 14, 2019, 01:05:22 pm »

Is there a reason she can't just delay talking about the souls, until after she influences the vote?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: July 14, 2019, 01:10:21 pm »

She can't influence the meeting if Thor/Loki is standing there right next to hear making smalltalk while waiting for her to finish watching the meeting so they can talk about those souls.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: July 14, 2019, 01:11:29 pm »

Thor and Loki have an established right to discuss the business of dwarf souls with Hel as a part of their original bargain. She can't send them away from her realm until the matter is resolved, but if she just delays then they'll be present to see her breaking divine law by directly interfering with mortal affairs and then be permitted to either stop her or else be permitted to counter her interference, such as by manifesting true sunlight inside the council chamber.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Dig deep, build strong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: July 14, 2019, 07:10:17 pm »

Gotta love Thor.
Gotta love Loki, too.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: July 15, 2019, 02:21:02 pm »

1171 Rich Burlew seems to be moving a bit quicker with the comics atm.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248