Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: prosthetic limbs  (Read 1031 times)

LordFerrok

• Bay Watcher
  • Deranged raving lunatic with delusions of god
    • View Profile
prosthetic limbs
« on: July 20, 2012, 07:48:33 pm »

I am planning to add these into the game, i need a good modder to help me with this though, as I really am not sure how to pull it off

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: prosthetic limbs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:51:05 pm »

It is impossible (I think) to attach prosthetic limbs to missing ones. However, it is possible to make a creature regrow its limbs.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

LordFerrok

• Bay Watcher
  • Deranged raving lunatic with delusions of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »

i was thinking it would be based on the system where a dwarf gets a crutch for a missing leg, so the arm would be gone, they would go get a prosthetic arm

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »

100% completely impossible, as I've already said in your other topic about this. Literally no chance whatsoever. Can't be done. There is no way to implement this in a satisfying way. You can't do it. You can't even add or modify crutches.

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 02:02:37 am »

its not completely impossible, just a total pain in the @$$, requiring a boatload of additional castes to cover the possibilities of prosthetic limbs, and special materials to change into each caste.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 02:11:10 am »

As well as a fuckload of micromanagement required to make sure that the right dwarf replaces the right limb.

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 02:26:55 am »

yep, reactions for each material for each limb combo for each sex, custom workshop restricted to only the one who needs a limb... and god forbid they lose another.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 11:12:47 am »

yep, reactions for each material for each limb combo for each sex, custom workshop restricted to only the one who needs a limb... and god forbid they lose another.
I was gonna suggest Temp. Transformations to simulate the false limb as wearing out, then I remembered when they change back "Tada" everyone shouts "Jimmy has both his legs back! HURRAY!"

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 05:07:30 pm »

It is possible to have a creature go full cyborg, as in completly made of metal, but otherwise your idea is utterly infeasable.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 05:43:50 pm »

It's more feasible with several weeks of work. Maybe a bit of exaggeration there, maybe you have a life.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.