Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 73

Author Topic: The Cataclysm games thread.  (Read 104385 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm games thread.
« Reply #945 on: February 16, 2023, 04:49:41 am »

Gonna reword this to make more since.

Is there a way in DDA to keep items from being automatically placed inside a container that's in your backpack when picked up? Containers I'm talking are things like a toolbox or first aid box inside a backpack.
Select the backpack, go to the pocket settings and make the backpack have a higher priority. If it still puts things inside containers, then it means the backpack ran out of space and your character needs to put things inside the nested containers. Wear a second backpack.

You can bind "unload container" (not the same as normal unload) to just dump everything out of the containers it ends up shoving random things in. But overall I like it, more space in loot runs.
Dang I was hoping there was a way to lock a container to only what I want in it, oh well I guess I'll just have to be vigilant about the contents of said containers.
You can disable autopickup for the container in the same options. I think. But it'd be per-container.

This would be a nice option in the settings but I don't have the skills to implement it.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 16, 2023, 05:19:07 am »

I still remember how, in first implementation, Korg's code was set up so that liquid containers tended to get priority over actual backpack/pocket type containers. Literally the first problem I found from testing one of his draft releases back when the initial PR was open, brought it up in the dev discord as I was on there back then, and it went ignored so it made it into the merge.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 17, 2023, 12:05:32 pm »

It was always amusing when you'd end up with like, an entire board game or book stuffed into a mason jar.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 18, 2023, 12:54:43 am »

The Door is in the Jar.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 18, 2023, 07:21:59 am »

It was always amusing when you'd end up with like, an entire board game or book stuffed into a mason jar.
Or a magazine inside an aluminum can. Your character just rolls it up really tight ig.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 18, 2023, 09:22:59 am »

Meanwhile, some assorted PRs in BN got merged yesterday, this included an update to how Olanti's implementation of recharging relics (which itself narrowly slipped into 0.2) handles its ammo, so I had to set aside a 0.2 Stable release of Arcana. Only real divergence so far is in current experimental BN version you can unload the restored ritual blade and divine sealing charm just as easily as you can in the DDA version.

I do have one tweak planned that's going to affect a good number of recipes, at least one bionic, and vehiclepart though...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 02, 2023, 10:55:45 pm »

CDDA released their version 0.G, congratulations

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 02, 2023, 11:34:31 pm »

CDDA released their version 0.G, congratulations
I'm guessing they made their new Bionics faction official, which is cool.  Plus apparently 3 more factions, which is even cooler.

Less cool is how we're probably going to lose our starting cyber characters, probably replaced with a single Exodii starting character (if we're lucky)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 03, 2023, 06:01:41 am »

I still think the whole Exodii thing is dumb and preferred the OG lore, but I guess I'm in the minority in those thoughts.

Also holy shit I hadn't really realized how much of a pain in the ass map gen is, glad I only wanted to do one building for this mod.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 03, 2023, 11:19:13 pm »

Yeah I prefer new lore. There's actually as much or more sci-fi stuff, you just have to dig for it a bit more, it meshes better with the rest of it, and the flavor is different. But ig I'm biased because I always have a soft spot for extradimensional/alien invasion stuff.

As for me I will go work on more mutation flavor, like psychological changes.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 04, 2023, 01:58:22 am »

Personally I don't like it because it reeks of "aliens built the pyramids" logic to me. Aliens built bionics, and if I recall survivor suits are also tied to them now...have I missed any other parts of the classic Cata experience that have been tied to "ayy lmaos except they're actually humans" that I failed to notice? :V

Also holy shit I hadn't really realized how much of a pain in the ass map gen is, glad I only wanted to do one building for this mod.

Yep, mapgen writing is miserable. Come, embrace the dark side and write up some NPC dialogue, maybe a mission or two. Let the CBT flow through you. :D
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 04, 2023, 02:36:17 am »

That's about the only thing I can think of tbh, aside from mutagens being blob-based now but they were never explained before so it doesn't count. Also survivor suits were just renamed and reworked into kevlar jumpsuits that function similarly but are less OP so you actually get variety in armor, the Exodii just give an upgraded version that also increases carry weight iirc.

The reason I prefer this is because it allows some pretty weird stuff to be added in the future without uncomfortable questions getting asked about how it would work if commercially sold.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 04, 2023, 05:29:44 am »

Yep, mapgen writing is miserable. Come, embrace the dark side and write up some NPC dialogue, maybe a mission or two. Let the CBT flow through you. :D
Just the bits of NPC dialogue code I've seen makes me afraid, not sure I have the patients to mess with something that complex.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 04, 2023, 08:49:48 am »

Hm, while I liked the transhumanist old system where you could start with Bionics, it sounds overall easier to obtain bionics with the Exodii.
You start by finding the Refugee Center, then by the time you've completed their missions, they direct you to the Exodii and you are probably ready to start doing their missions.

It's a hell of a lot easier than breaching a lab only to get a Gasoline CBM...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 04, 2023, 09:08:58 am »

Could someone give me some advice on swiming? Its the greatest hurdle to an Aircraft Carrier start (although I hear a lifeboat is also possible).

Overall, I have complaints about 0.G in its current form.  I feel like it makes the game needlessly harder.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 73