Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803591 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: THE HYPE TRAIN HAS REACHED ITS DESTINATION
« Reply #3015 on: November 10, 2015, 09:22:05 pm »

I got tired of hauling junk from one settlement to the next just to build shit so I decided to just cheat for it instead. I still don't understand why you can't just have all your materials stored in a central location.
It is in fact a perk wich is the settlement connetion thingy i think?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: November 10, 2015, 09:22:26 pm »

Ok I know it is unfair to harp on this one point... but one thing that bugs me about new fallout is...

How "good looking" everyone is. I remember when people would have tumors, lesions, and scars all befitting the nuclear wasteland they live in.

Yet this fallout looks like they captured fashion models (and frankly... some of the voice acting sounds like that too... Especially the female raiders). No one as much as has a blemish on them.

3 had the excuse of not really having the ability to model that.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: November 10, 2015, 09:25:19 pm »

Yeah, I'm definitely willing to say this is the best Bethesda's done on ugly since Oblivion. The blemishes they have to choose from are incredible. I watched Vinny's stream and he started by making his male look like a ghoul who stuck his head in a microwave and his female like a slightly less nosey Bork'd Schlong. I was impressed.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: November 10, 2015, 09:26:03 pm »

I got tired of hauling junk from one settlement to the next just to build shit so I decided to just cheat for it instead. I still don't understand why you can't just have all your materials stored in a central location.

You need to estabilish a convoy between settlements to link their workshop inventories. Needs the Local Leader perk.

EDIT: Oh, finally got into my first bugs. There's a place that when quick saving/quick loading, the props gets launched to space and corpses go crazy.
I saw a body flying from the bottom of a lake and flailing all around.
Not only that, the game crashed for the first time.

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:36:15 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: November 10, 2015, 09:56:11 pm »

Gameplay is pretty fun. So far, story is about as inane as Fallout 3. Minor spoiler for introduction/first couple of quests of game to elaborate:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: November 10, 2015, 09:59:14 pm »

Psykers are definitely a part of fallout lore. Surprised they didn't have any in 3 outside the DLCs.

EDIT: wait no one of the weird hippies is, of course it's one of the weird hippies

But yeah, Hakunin would repeatedly give you visions to try to bring you back to the main quest in Fallout 2.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: November 10, 2015, 10:24:26 pm »

Psykers are definitely a part of fallout lore. Surprised they didn't have any in 3 outside the DLCs.

EDIT: wait no one of the weird hippies is, of course it's one of the weird hippies

But yeah, Hakunin would repeatedly give you visions to try to bring you back to the main quest in Fallout 2.

Remember that fallout 2 also had a magical super mutant summoner as well.
He'd summon an entire army of mutant pets out of thin air before going OOM and deciding to close in and cast "fist" instead.

If they are ever going to add someone gifted with ESP they better be badly mutated looking more like The Master than anything else... and hey master was a fun design they never used leaving most mutants mostly recognisable humans/animals. Would be funnier if they added more weird abominations like centaurs floaters and aliens/wanamingos.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: November 10, 2015, 10:59:34 pm »

I'm definitely loving the new dialogue system.
Gone are the days of the Skyrim/Oblivion camera-grab! Gone are the days of staring at expressionless AI faces as they drone on!

Now it feels like they actually put effort into the dialogues. The use of camera angles and actual facial expressions (while not as good as they could be) make the experience so much more cinematic.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: November 10, 2015, 11:22:19 pm »

oh man ghouls are scary and i was just watching a video. they come at you like a zombie movie! :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT_JR1oA1Fg

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:13 pm »

Is it on PC? just how good a pc do you need? I hope my piece of shit laptop can run it. :| Im too broke atm to afford a PS4/XOne any time soon.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: November 10, 2015, 11:36:39 pm »

Not gonna spoil anything (just hint at things, though there might be some, but unless your internet was off or you didn't look at the features, you'll know the features anyway)

But after playing both a female and a male, I doubt I'll ever play a female in this game. I don't enjoy my female character at all. usually (not always) i go with a female character in games (didn't like males at all in skyrim, nor fallout 3 or new vegas), depending on what genre of game, races and how the males look, amongst factors. But in this case, the female doesn't really fit the pacing and world that bethesda made because of her backstory.

the male however fits so much better. The females previous job wasn't a combat job at all, it wasn't even leading people, and in the game you suddenly go to building a settlement (which doesn't fit her at all)

the male's previous job however fits perfectly. I mean, his current job in present times (in the game) isn't really very different from what he was doing before. It makes sense for him to suddenly go in and start ramboing it up against raiders (not so much the female) and I can see him building a safe haven as well.

The female, its way too jarring playing as one. A backstory of no attacking or anything, suddenly going into power armor, big guns...building a settlement...fits so much more with the male due to his backstory before the bombs fell.

after going back to my male character, I'm enjoying the game a lot more ;P Even if its just a backstory and doesn't really effect the game, its still part of it and kind of very jarring knowing what it is and knowing everything I was doing on the female didn't fit her at all.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: November 10, 2015, 11:41:13 pm »

Is it on PC? just how good a pc do you need? I hope my piece of shit laptop can run it. :| Im too broke atm to afford a PS4/XOne any time soon.
yes its pc

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: November 10, 2015, 11:41:42 pm »

Its on PC, and heres a link to one of the places with system requirements
Stuff
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: November 10, 2015, 11:43:45 pm »

You don't really have to use the power armor at all after the first time you can use it. It's completely optional. Plus, all Nora's ramboing is out of necessity. "Oh, no, my husband just got shot, people kidnapped my son, I have no idea what the fuck else is going on and it's 200 years in the future! Instead of breaking down into hilarity, I'm going to take this gun I have and go do something about it."
I mean, really? Not taking matters into your own hands is practically suicide in the Wasteland, especially when you're on your own. :P
Also, you... don't need to build a settlement that isn't for yourself. I think. So.
Black lives matter.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: November 10, 2015, 11:44:33 pm »

That's odd. Usually both male and female characters would have the same backstory (previous Bethesda), or let you choose a backstory (DA:O). Even in Fable III you were either a prince or a princess, the only change was your girlfriend or boyfriend at the start of the game.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 462