Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153471 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 61 - Going Home
« Reply #1215 on: June 15, 2016, 07:28:28 pm »

"Looks like it's just us now, little guy. Let's see if we can get rid of you permanently so I can put my pants back on."Head for Pizza Man's address. Squish the fireball around a little to see how small it can get.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 15, 2016, 07:42:23 pm »

Realize that a good way for The Ensorceler to dispose of a fireball would be to douse it in water. Get one of the hospital staff to tell the Ensorceler to take his pants-with-fireball-inside and douse them in water.

Then, begin reviewing the camera footage for bits that would go well in a documentary on the Wiki-wars.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 16, 2016, 02:57:28 am »

((A touch heavy-handed, but I really couldn't think of another way.))
The god seems satisfied by this resolution, turning to his allies and cheerfully saying "Well, you heard him and may have not understood him! This way!" He almost seems bubbly when he notices Fallacy, happily calling him over, "Well, we have ourselves a good challenge, we got an encampment to destroy! You up for it?", noticeably, he didn't seem to be internally panicking, likely, he found simply assaulting a toughened encampment filled with trained soldiers much easier than attempting to fight a single Wiki-warrior with a small army.
Off we go! Fly up and around as high up as you can, and scope out the base, if they start firing or the base is as scouted as it's going to get, report back to the group.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 16, 2016, 08:50:04 am »

Attempt to convince someone to lend me their car, or to drive to the Bay of Green Bay.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 17, 2016, 12:01:16 pm »

I can slip through holes as small as a keyhole, there's gotta be a way out of these pants!
If not then struggle and wiggle around and try to make the bag hard to hold onto at least.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 19, 2016, 08:41:24 am »

hmm, waitlist me. I want to try this, it seems like fun.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 29, 2016, 12:34:22 am »

As you all might have assumed from the lack of activity, this game is indefinitely postponed. I hope you have enjoyed your viewing and participation of Wiki-Wars.

......Nah just kidding, new turn tommorow.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 29, 2016, 08:48:00 am »

copyright conquistadors on the moon then celebrate my victory at sheds and aristocrats 

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 62 - Ogre Time
« Reply #1223 on: June 30, 2016, 02:34:27 am »

Round 62: Ogre Time
Weather Conditions: Sundown
Time: Dusk

Execute waves goodbye to the unconscious captain and returns to his soldiers, who were unable to understand the heavy American accent of the naval captain, and calling Fallacy over at the same time. "Well, we have ourselves a good challenge, we got an encampment to destroy! You up for it?" The Aztecs are all enthusiastic about fighting a new enemy, especially ones that according to Execute, lack technology like the speeding cars and untouchable flying machine that had punished their forces and capabilities in the past. Execute commands for the Aztecs to stay low for now while he personally goes out and scouts the encampment down the river, using his flight as a means of both travel and intelligence gathering. He goes up into the air and flies East, and true to Captain Sarver's word, the jungle clears out to a hill with tents and weaponry, an American flag at the center of the hill waving in the wind. [Scouting:6] Execute takes cover in a palm tree and studies the hillside, where he watches the soldiers, which he would estimate there to be between 60 and 70 of in this location, either on patrol or at leisure. They are lightly armored and appear to be carrying WWI-era weaponry, such as bolt action rifles and semi-automatic pistols. There are also a handful of large cannons pointed towards the water at the top of the hill, most likely anti-naval guns. Additionally, there are several fortifications of sandbags at the foot of the hill.
While Execute has gotten a good read of this side of the hill, if he flies around to the other side of the encampment he would be able to have a whole idea of what this location was stacked with, whether it be more soldiers (the number of which could be double what he saw) or possibly additional weapons or devices. Then again, the longer he stays, the more likely he'd be spotted. He could tell that the forces he had at the moment, consisting of Yuri, Fallacy and a dozen Jaguar Soldiers, would be hardly enough to take on dozens, possibly over a hundred American soldiers armed with semi-modern weaponry. The wild card was that Shaman Fallacy was traveling with, who might be a mere magician or a powerful magic user, capable of wiping out a whole encampment on her own.
At some point, Execute remembers that he is injured fairly badly and bleeding.

Dolosus, while being treated for his injuries, realizes that the best way to get rid of a fireball would be to dunk it into a very unfriendly space for fireballs, such as a body of water. He requests for one of the more idle health officials to run after The Ensorceler before he leaves, and tell him to dunk his pants in the water. The nurse looks somewhat confused by the request, but goes off to find him anyways. As he gets treatment, Dolosus reviews the footage he has compiled so far for "juicy" bits. The fight with the Aztecs in the beginning is good, and then there's his battle with Person, though even the footage makes him look like a bad guy with the betrayal and everything, he would have to find a way to explain that to his audience or edit it out. Then there's the accident and The Ensorceler rescuing Dolosus rather than gunning him down in the street which he could have easily done, a touching moment showing a glimpse of humanity in the Wiki-Wars.
Thanks to the wonders of American Healthcare, Dolosus is patched up and in as good of a condition as he ever was, and is able to go on his way. On the other side of the wonder of American Healthcare, he is also billed $2,500 for the procedure and is told he has to pay it before any hospital or health facility in America works on him again, as he is now in their system.

Elephant Parade pulls out his Musket as he looks at the Ogre before him and his companion, "Let us fight, then. If we do not, someone else will have to." Thousand Bones appears to be impressed, "A noble sentiment, I will honor your wishes and fight alongside you." The Cleric's eyes, normally foggy, begin to glow a bright white-ish gold. Elephant Parade rides towards the Ogre in a strafing line, and the Ogre raises its arms and snarls. Suddenly, the blue portal from atop the hill vanishes and the Ogre is momentarily distracted, twisting its massive horned head in the direction of the disappearing spell. This gives Elephant the opportunity to raise and aim his weapon, [9+2 vs. 10-1(Large Target)] the muzzle of the musket flashes and the musketball hits the Ogre in the head, but it is only a grazing shot rather than a true headshot. The Ogre recoils in pain before turning its attention back to the horse and its two riders.
"I shall cleanse thee foul beast!" Thousand Bones aims his palm at the Ogre and from it spawns several fireballs which burn with the same fiery white intensity as his eyes. [7 vs. 8-1] The Ogre cries in fear and runs from the flames as they slam into its surroundings, setting buildings and patches of ground and road on fire.

Wipeout stands by the side of the highway with her thumb out, attempting to hitch a ride up to the Green Bay Area. [Hitchhiking: 9] A grey haired man in a black suit wearing a crucible and glasses stops to pick her up. "Please, come in," he says with a warm smile as he opens up the passenger seat door. Wipeout takes a seat and the two of them continue down on the highway. As they get close to Wipeout's destination, he asks her for the purpose of her trip, just as they round the bend into the harbor area.

NAV is trapped within The Ensorceler's pants, doing his best to zip and fly all over the place, trying to find freedom from the fabric prison. [3 vs. 1] While he does not escape, he forces The Ensorceler to have a less than pleasant experience holding onto the pants as the fireball bounces this way and that in every direction. At one point, NAV flies out of The Ensorceler's grasp while still trapped in his pants, forcing the soldier to dive upon his trousers like an investor that had just dropped their giant bag of money that they carry around.

Piratejoe, from the rear, watches as Elephant Parade and Thousand Bones attempt to take out the Ogre to little success. Doing his part in "helping" the situation, he gets on one knee and loads his Lee Enfield, aiming it but not at the large monstrosity. [10 vs. 6] While Elephant Parade is busy riding his horse away from the Ogre, Piratejoe shoots him in the back, hitting him directly in the left shoulderblade. The horserider is shoot off of his horse and tumbles to the ground, his Musket falling down in the process. Elephant Bones, not specialized with horses in any way, jumps off rather than try and settle the mount, which fearful rides away from the scene of the battle, particularly from the Ogre.

"Well then. To the aid of Execute! And to adventure!" Fallacy follows Execute's Eastbound path on foot, walking alongside the river and the jungle, reloading her rifle on the way. As they get closer to Execute's position, the Shaman asks Fallacy, "Why does your master wish to fight these people? He did not make them sound out to be enemies or that they had done wrong to him in the path." Fallacy noted that the Shaman walked on the water, despite the river being several feet deep, as if it were dry land. As she walked, she seemed to attract wildlife as well: fish and crustaceans under the water would follow her, birds and insects buzzed directly over her head. Even the plants of the jungle appeared to turn to face her as she passed by.

With victory established and money in her pocket, High tyrol celebrates by driving over to the Copyright Office and getting Conquistadors on the Moon successfully copyrighted (-$35). She then heads back to Sheds & Aristocrats to celebrate with the patrons of the place that made it all possible. [Celebration: 7+2(Wit)] Tyrol settles in the cafe and drinks coffee and eats pastries, conversing about her poem as well as her performance at the Poetry Slam. It seems that she is becoming something of a local celebrity in the Arts World, and this may prove to the be the time to expand her name and publications.

The Ensorceler looks at NAV struggles in the confines of his clothing, "Looks like it's just us now, little guy. Let's see if we can get rid of you permanently so I can put my pants back on." He walks towards the direction of Richard Brook's house, though it does prove to be a lot of effort in containing NAV, who forces him to stop occasional to refix his pants and hold the Soucouyant down, who squirms with the stubbornness of a flying cat on a leash. He curiously squishes the fireball around, trying to get it as small as possible, and finds that despite it seeming like a solid at first, like a liquid NAV can change its state to be incredibly thin, yet still retain a constant volume, which must be why it's able to sneak into some many spaces.
The Ensorceler comes to the Brook residence, a typical house in the suburbs of Manitowoc, and waits outside like a stalker while NAV continues to thrash about violently. After some downtime, the pizza dilvery man pulls up right outside the home of the Quest-giver.

The Ogre stomps towards the downed Elephant Parade, left vulnerable after Piratejoe's surprise attack. The Ogre wears an angry brow-furrowed expression on his face, and while Elephant tries to get his barrings together, the monster draws closer only for Thousand Bones to step between the two of them, as if planning to shield Elephant with his body. As the Ogre draws closer, the Cleric raises his open palms up before clutching them into tight fists, as if squeezing an invisible object. [10+2(Simple Spell) vs. 3] The Ogre raises its mighty fists above Thousand Bones and Elephant, when suddenly its arms begin to shake violently, and then a loud snapping sound can be heard as each of the Ogres fingers dislocated and twist in all sorts of awful, painful directions. This audible snapping of bone continues all down the Ogre's arms and down its body, its ribs and leg bones all breaking one after the other. The Ogre whimpers before one loud snap comes from its skull causing it to fall backwards onto the ground, twitching. Thousand Bones lowers his hands, breathing deeply, and looking toward his companion. "That one...took a lot out of me. Are you alright?"
Hayder, the mercenary swordsman, arrives on the scene just in time to comment on Thousand Bones defeating the Ogre, with his own brand of insightful commentary, "Holy shit!"

Active Portals and Current Spawns:
Mansion (Closed) - The gateway dimension between Denmark and other universes.
   Central America/Age of Exploration - Aztecs.
   Philippines/Spanish-American War - Being explored by Execute w/ Yuri & 12 Jaguar Soldiers. Reinforced by FallacyofUrist and a Shaman.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 30, 2016, 03:08:35 am »

"When did...
When did that happen?"
Okay, get back to the group, and fill them in on the opposition, suggest plans of waiting until nightfall and striking in silence to the jaguar warriors, and speak to the Shaman about his magical firepower, then stop, think about the situation, and slap your head because you forgot you could just paint yourself a selection of proper weaponry, send off one of the Jaguar soldiers to fetch another standard Aztec to gather some paints and a surface to paint on, and prepare them just outside the portal to the land.
And get that arm fixed up, anything to stop the bleeding will do fine.

"I believe the incredible pain and blood loss is beginning to make me delirious, my friends, as I totally forgot one crucial aspect of my self, Fallacy, could you and your Shaman friend please go to the encampment over there and ask them if they have any painting supplies? I would, but I need to be fixed up slightly, it'll be worth it, I promise."
((I really do apologise, all of my allies, I totally forgot about the possibility of just opening a portal to whatever amount of weaponry we could want.
On the flip-side, I'm pretty sure just about anything can be made in a painting, so suggest the most over the top weaponry and gear you guys can think of.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 30, 2016, 03:20:45 am »

I know that as a GM I should remain neutral, but considering that Execute isn't fighting any players directly or indirectly, I think I should be able to freely suggest that modern military vehicles against WWI-era forces would be amazing. Execute leading the Aztecs into battle via tank or even an APC. Take on the American Steamboat Navy with Missile Submarines.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 30, 2016, 03:50:15 am »

Skillfully attempt to convince the hospital staff that the people who run the Wikipedia wars will gladly pay my medical bills.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 30, 2016, 03:55:13 am »

Skillfully attempt to convince the hospital staff that the people who run the Wikipedia wars will gladly pay my medical bills.

[N/A] Dolosus attempts to convince the hospital staff that the Wiki-War Foundation would cover the costs of his injuries. As soon as he says this, a man in a suit steps out of one the nearby closets carrying a briefcase. "No they won't," he retorts, opening up his briefcase stacked with papers, and handing one to Dolosus and a copy to one of the doctors, the contents of which specifically go into how the Wiki-War Foundation is not responsible for any financial transactions involving the contestants. The suited man then walks back into the closet and shuts the door.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 30, 2016, 04:00:58 am »

Remember that the money is in my pants. Reason in vain with the silent fireball. Curse the silent fireball. Cry the first tears this body has ever wept on the silent fireball. Begin to wonder if the silent fireball might never have meant any harm at all. Free the silent fireball.

Grab the money, stare woefully at the knots in my pants and pay the pizza delivery person. Do this regardless of what the fireball does.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 30, 2016, 08:17:10 am »

On the flip-side, I'm pretty sure just about anything can be made in a painting, so suggest the most over the top weaponry and gear you guys can think of.))
((Guess who has a bonus to landscape painting. FALLACY, as in, ME. How does a field covered with Devil Fruits sound?))

"Hm. Well, currently, I don't know, but how about you ask him? I'm pretty sure he'll be happy to tell you."

Fallacy directs the Shaman to Execute for the purpose of asking the question. Afterwards, she heads to the encampment and asks for painting supplies for Execute.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 97