Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153276 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 62 - Ogre Time
« Reply #1230 on: June 30, 2016, 08:27:51 am »

On the flip-side, I'm pretty sure just about anything can be made in a painting, so suggest the most over the top weaponry and gear you guys can think of.))
((Guess who has a bonus to landscape painting. FALLACY, as in, ME. How does a field covered with Devil Fruits sound?))

"Hm. Well, currently, I don't know, but how about you ask him? I'm pretty sure he'll be happy to tell you."

Fallacy directs the Shaman to Execute for the purpose of asking the question. Afterwards, she heads to the encampment and asks for painting supplies for Execute.
((Well, keep in mind that the power to open portals into paintings is kinda touch and go at times, what comes out of a certain portrait seems to be a combination of the actual art and the painter's assumptions in relation to it, so while opening an Aztec artwork of the lightning god does give me the actual god, I'm pretty sure making a field of devil fruits would come with all the baggage assumed, aka goddamn insane combatants ducking it out for them just out of frame.
Not to say you shouldn't try it.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 30, 2016, 09:27:57 am »

Skillfully attempt to convince the hospital staff that the people who run the Wikipedia wars will gladly pay my medical bills.

[N/A] Dolosus attempts to convince the hospital staff that the Wiki-War Foundation would cover the costs of his injuries. As soon as he says this, a man in a suit steps out of one the nearby closets carrying a briefcase. "No they won't," he retorts, opening up his briefcase stacked with papers, and handing one to Dolosus and a copy to one of the doctors, the contents of which specifically go into how the Wiki-War Foundation is not responsible for any financial transactions involving the contestants. The suited man then walks back into the closet and shuts the door.

((Sadness. It was worth a shot though, right? ))

Exit the hospital and start making my way to Green Bay.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:24:04 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 30, 2016, 11:37:06 am »

Fire at Elephant again.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 01, 2016, 02:31:21 pm »

"Well, I was shot—but only in the shoulder, so I should be fine for now, though I expect I'll need medical attention later. I'm more worried about whoever just shot me."

Take cover, if any is nearby; regardless of whether I find some, reload my rifle and fire at piratejoe.

((Can I do all this in one turn without penalties?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 61 - Going Home
« Reply #1234 on: July 01, 2016, 03:10:04 pm »

hmm, waitlist me. I want to try this, it seems like fun.

Nearly forgot about this. Waitlisted.

((Sadness. It was worth a shot though, right? ))

Yes, but the ever elusive and oddly omnipresence Wikipedia Wars Foundation makes sure to cover their tracks and keep everyone informed of the rules and regulations, so that players can't use loopholes of the games to their advantage. They have a huge bureaucracy as well.

Take cover, if any is nearby; regardless of whether I find some, reload my rifle and fire at piratejoe.

((Can I do all this in one turn without penalties?))

Yes, though since the Musket is a Moderate Reload, it would mean that piratejoe would be able to fire at you first before you could retaliate.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 02, 2016, 04:59:41 pm »

Struggle struggle struggle!
As soon as I get free latch onto The Ensorcerler's face! FLY INTO HIS MOUTH AND LODGE IN HIS ESOPHAGUS AND DRAIN ALL HIS BLOOD
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:11:17 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 63 - Pizza Absolvement
« Reply #1236 on: July 06, 2016, 01:28:54 pm »

Round 63: Pizza Absolvement
Weather Conditions: Sundown
Time: Dusk, Light Rain

The Ensorceler looks at the struggling Soucouyant within his pants and begins to sob. Why did he confine this creature? This ball of light who knew no better than to pursue him mindlessly was subject to his catcher. Was The Ensorceler no better than the cruel hunter who traps animals of the wild not for food or even trophies but merely for his own sadistic pleasure? As tears fall on his pants, The Ensorceler undoes the knots and frees his captive, the fireball hovering in the air and spinning around, confused at its sudden newfound freedom. The Ensorceler walks towards the house, and approaches the pizza deliveryman with a tear-stained face, a wad of money in one hand and his pants in the other. He thrusts the money at the deliverer, "I pay for this man's food and drink, all of it. Let us end this cycle of barbarism and enter a new age of brotherhood." (-$60) The deliveryman tentatively takes the money and hurries to the front door of the Brooks' household. The Ensorceler watches as Richard Brooks receives the pizza free of charge, not even noticing the man who had paid for it. Once Richard closes the door The Ensorceler falls to his knees and cries more. The fireball was free, Dolosus was being treated and the pizza had arrived. For the moment, his perilous journey was over.
A light rain begins to fall on Denmark.
Quest The Connoisseur Completed!
DolosusDoleus and The Ensorceler both receive 1 Point!
Dolosus +Article: O.J. Mayo: +2 Basketball, +1 Athleticism, +Basketball Shoes, +Basketball, +Large Ziploc Bag containing 1 Kilo of Cocaine, +Lifetime Ban from the NBA
The Ensorceler +Article: Worcestershire: +2 Saucing, +Never-Ending Bottle of Worcestershire Sauce

Dolosus looks at the lawyer's notification and sighs deeply before getting up and exiting the hospital. He walks off the grounds and looks North, towards the direction of Green Bay, and walks along the road. A travel sign is posted up that stating the distance from Manitowoc to other Wisconsin cities, and it states that Green Bay is 45 miles away, quite a journey, especially now without his horse.

NAV struggles within the confines of The Ensorceler's pants until he is free, suddenly. Instead of fighting, The Ensorceler out of the mercy in his heart, decided to let the Soucouyant free of the fabric. (The rain falling overhead does not effect NAV, as the Soucouyant is not literally a 'fireball', but was originally called one due to its appearance.) NAV locates The Ensorceler, and wanting to repay the kind favor, flies straight at him trying to get into his mouth and drain him of all that nice blood. [8 vs. 2] With The Ensorceler stuck deep in the throes of emotion, it's easy for NAV to fly straight into his open mouth and into his throat. The Ensorceler's poignant experience is interrupted as now he has a sentient creature lodged within his neck, making it rather hard to breath.

Elephant Parade reassures Thousand Bones as he stands up, "Well, I was shot—but only in the shoulder, so I should be fine for now, though I expect I'll need medical attention later. I'm more worried about whoever just shot me." The two of them run for cover behind a destroyed building as piratejoe continues to fire upon the two of them. [9 vs. 7] While they run, one of Piratejoe's shots blasts off the upper part of Elephant's left ear, not doing any serious damage but hurting a tiny bit nonetheless. The musician and the cleric hunker down behind the side of what once was a thriving antique store. As Elephant hurriedly reloads, Thousand Bones declares, "I will distract him, perhaps we can then make our escape." He gestures to what looks like a glowing crack in the world nearby. "That portal is closed, but if we can get close I can try to reopen it." After this, he stands aside and raises his open palms over the ground, and they tremble as he speaks, "Arise creature of Iron, defend your master!" Pieces of spare Iron from the surrounding area begin to fly together in front of the Cleric, twisting and bending and melding together as they form the a humanoid shape that stands twice as tall and wide as any man Elephant had seen.

Execute looks down upon his forgotten wounds, "When did...When did that happen?" He takes flight once more and heads back down the river to rejoin his allies. His proposed strategy is to wait until night falls and then send in his Jaguar Warriors to attack with stealth and precision. He also asks the Shaman about her magical arsenal. "Well, if we're fighting a bunch of people, I could set up some good traps or maybe ask the animals in the jungle for assistance. Why are we fighting these people anyways?" During this conversation, Execute slaps himself in the head because he has an incredibly versatile and powerful ability that he is not capitalizing upon. He sends one Jaguar Warrior to go back through the portal to find another Aztec that will come through with paints and painting materials. [4] The Jaguar leaves and returns with a regular Aztec holding a bunch of berries and pastes and a piece of refined wood, wondering what he's going to be doing.
He also asks for medical attention to these mysterious wounds. [Medicine: 5+2] His ankle is patched up and hearty plant sinews are wrapped around his arm, though the painful burn on his chest remains.
Fallacy, seeking additional (and likely better) painting materials, goes down to the American encampment. As she approaches, she alerts the patrols who run over and put their guns on her, but quickly disengage when they see she is a regular, English-speaking woman. She asks them for paint supplies, [Diplomacy: 10] and taking pity on this lone white woman wandering in the depths of the Philippine Jungle, give her an entire roll of large Paper and all the spare paint they have, several tubes covering the basic colors. When they ask her if she wants food, water or accompaniment, Fallacy turns it all down and waves them off, disappearing back down the river. [Perception: 1] Fallacy walks back and fails to notice anything fishy happening behind or around her in the deep cover of the jungle. Fallacy returns to Execute with the painting materials, and while he would be happy to see her again, something feels off. He pushes her aside, and looking in the distance, he spots a small band of Americans watching them from a hidden vantage point in the jungle. Clearly, Fallacy had aroused suspicion and had been tailed back to their location. The Americans run when they are spotted, most likely to report their findings to the encampment; it looks as though a sneak attack may not work after all.

Piratejoe fires at Elephant Parade's position, [10 vs. 6] firing twice. One of the bullets ricochets off the corner of the building and hits Elephant in the right side of his upper torso. It fails to strike any of the major organs, like the lungs or heart, but it does manage to go through an artery as it passes through him, causing him to bleed pretty badly from the wound, not immediately fatal but enough to be a large concern. Piratjoe prepares to fire again, raising his rifle to his eye and looking for the finishing shot, when suddenly an Iron Golem, out of nowhere, comes around the corner and stands like a barrier between his line-of-sight and Elephant Parade.

From the West, a racecar pulls into Denmark. Out of it steps, well, you'd think a NASCAR driver right? Well, it's actually a woman dressed in a 19th Century Aristocratic German Outfit designed for men, wielding a baseball glove and ball in one hand, a stick in the other, and a helmet adorning her head.
Cinder has arrived to industrialize the game!

The clouds part in one area above Denmark and down floats a woman in flowing robes and a football helmet. "I have come to liberate my sisters and the oppressed!" She floats down and lands besides Cinder.
Hawk132 has come to destroy the patriarchy with the power of Christ!

Active Portals and Current Spawns:
Mansion (Closed) - The gateway dimension between Denmark and other universes.
   Central America/Age of Exploration - Aztecs.
   Philippines/Spanish-American War - Being explored by Execute w/ Yuri & 12 Jaguar Soldiers. 1 Aztec Citizen. Abundant Painting Supplies. Reinforced by FallacyofUrist and a Shaman.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cinder (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

I hope no one minds, but I am bumping the amount of active players from 10 to 12. This may go back to 10 in the future, but hopefully I can maintain this larger amount.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 06, 2016, 02:03:07 pm »

Use the power of grenades to destroy the iron golem, also use one to destroy Elephant
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 06, 2016, 08:00:59 pm »

"...
I would say this is bad but the lack of sneak-attacking is kind of moot if I can figure out how to do this correctly."
Okay, take a roll of paper, there being no paintbrush is fine, because, with the magic of finger painting, YOU SHALL PAINT A PAINTBRUSH! Simply paint an image of a set of paintbrushes on a wooden background, preferably some sort of table.
Edit: And secondarily, because Fallacy asked me to, you shall answer the Shaman's question.
Quietly, so the Aztecs don't hear you.

"Shaman, in my world, on- no, two levels above this one, I signed on to something called the Wiki Warfare competition, a battle of strength, wits, and power, entrants were delivered to the outskirts of the city you yourself came to, and fought, I, myself, fought as well for the promise of ever more power, something of a sustaining system perhaps, but it was something neverending for that, I may have grown weary of the fighting as is shown with my myriad allies but I shall fight nontheless, but to more directly answer your question, the injury I sustained to my ankle came from a plane and I believed the only option was to get weaponry capable of defeating such a plane so I came here, recruiting as I could- Yes, Fallacy, you can take as much painting supplies as you want -to try and take something capable of harming it, cannons, mortars, things like that, and here we are now where you only nearly stopped me from going on a rampage towards an innocent group of fighters, thank you for that, by the way.
Personally, I blame it on the blood loss, I get delirious and wont to make overly complex and needlessly mean plans when I'm low on blood."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:35:33 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 06, 2016, 08:10:01 pm »

"Hold on Execute, two things. One, my friend the shaman asked you a question which I'd appreciate if you answered. And two... I happen to be an artist."

See about getting the painting supplies from Execute. If Fallacy gets the painting supplies, she paints a field haphazardly littered with various crates, recently deposited there, each full of painting supplies.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 06, 2016, 08:30:55 pm »

Oh no. Everything is terrible now. Who could have foreseen this.

Run back to the hospital, and show people my glowing throat until I can get emergency medical attention.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 06, 2016, 08:32:56 pm »

-snip-
((Aaaand done.
Man, I really need to stop using commas so much.))
Alan help.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 06, 2016, 09:57:21 pm »

Take his blood. Take his breath. Take his soul. Leave nothing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 06, 2016, 10:20:06 pm »

Drive around the village distributing flyers for the fund to create an army of steampunk baseball robots.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 07, 2016, 12:56:51 am »

((An entire kilo??? I know how I'm paying off my medical bills...))

Suddenly change my mind and attempt to get back to Denmark. If I get there, use Person's keys to get into the potatomobile, and start driving towards Green Bay. Avoid all wiki-warrior contact if possible.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 97