Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1257873 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10125 on: July 01, 2012, 08:06:09 pm »

If you download This file and install Code Blocks (Mingw package) you can mod on windows. Just need to download the source, place the CataclysmWin.cpb in with the sourcefiles and doubleclick it.
*Hugs*

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: July 01, 2012, 08:22:03 pm »

So, I had my karate ready when I picked up a can of soda that equipped itself as my weapon. I dropped the can, but my readied weapon was my fists. How do I get my Karate back?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: July 01, 2012, 08:23:07 pm »

Press the _ key, and select Karate from the list.
*Hugs*

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: July 01, 2012, 08:26:20 pm »

Thank you. I thought it would be under the inventory screen somewhere.

EDIT: Also, the help file says you can examine the style in the inventory screen, but my style has no number or letter next to it in the inventory screen. Bug, I assume?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: July 01, 2012, 08:27:47 pm »

? key has been improved, there's helpful info there.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: July 01, 2012, 08:53:35 pm »

Sorry if some of this has been covered already, but this thread is over 600 pages and most of the search results for these things were very old / prior to the latest updated:

Radios: do they do anything or just play the emergency evac message?  2-way, I got someone to answer an SOS, but they said they would be there in 0 minutes but never showed up?  do factions or acquantences exist?

Wiki equipment lists: I'm guessing these are out of date or inaccurate?  I have a Browning 30-06, and the wiki says it has a 0 damage bonus.  This isnt true.  Also, some of the weapon balance decisions bother me -- I couldnt find a mod that rebalances weapons based on actual ballistic performance.. I could make some suggestions but dont have the time to devote to modding myself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

plot / metagame:  is there one?  is there anything to work towards or discover other than just surviving and becoming more powerful?

Quests:  besides the first person in your shelter, are there more quests?  more people?

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: July 01, 2012, 09:09:37 pm »

is there anything to work towards or discover other than just surviving and becoming more powerful?
Self-imposed goals and challenges P:

PeeFrequently

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: July 01, 2012, 09:21:01 pm »

I love this game and the freedom to pursue any challenge.

My current goal is to set up an impregnable base near a major city and play tower defense with the zeds that will come. Now, is there any way to tell NPCs that join you to wait and guard a certain location? I managed to get one to join me, but I can't seem to make her stay in the safe house and guard it.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: July 01, 2012, 09:22:42 pm »

I love this game and the freedom to pursue any challenge.

My current goal is to set up an impregnable base near a major city and play tower defense with the zeds that will come. Now, is there any way to tell NPCs that join you to wait and guard a certain location? I managed to get one to join me, but I can't seem to make her stay in the safe house and guard it.
Find and somehow safely deactivate turrets. Pick them up, 'a'ctivate them, and hope you program them correctly if your base isn't fortified by walls

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: July 01, 2012, 09:45:21 pm »

Wiki equipment lists: I'm guessing these are out of date or inaccurate?  I have a Browning 30-06, and the wiki says it has a 0 damage bonus.  This isnt true.  Also, some of the weapon balance decisions bother me -- I couldnt find a mod that rebalances weapons based on actual ballistic performance.. I could make some suggestions but dont have the time to devote to modding myself.
Firearms got rebalanced, like, today.  So yes, the wiki isn't updated yet.

For everything else: NPC are poorly developed.  That's to be expected.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: July 01, 2012, 09:53:50 pm »

Thank you. I thought it would be under the inventory screen somewhere.

EDIT: Also, the help file says you can examine the style in the inventory screen, but my style has no number or letter next to it in the inventory screen. Bug, I assume?

It is a bug.  Your style is bound to : so you can use that; it's simply not displayed for whatever reason.  I'm looking into it.

I've looked around a bit, are there any windows sources avalible yet? Or do I still need to mess around with linux VMs if I wanna mod this?

There is only one source, at my github (see my sig).  It compiles on Linux, Windows, and apparently OSX with a bit of effort.

I don't know if Windows has anything like make but there's a Makefile for Windows called Makefile.Windows (wow).  Edit it to link to your compiler of choice, and you're good.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: July 01, 2012, 10:32:32 pm »

It's either just me, or there's some sort of a bug where your car/truck's frame "rams into grass/dirt/pavement/whatever non-obstructive terrain tile" and can't move no matter how much I hit the 'speed up' key.

Is this a bug? Has anybody else noticed this?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: July 01, 2012, 10:35:48 pm »

Bug.  Quad-bikes and Motorcycles don't have trouble.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: July 01, 2012, 10:36:47 pm »

So uhhh... can this game be played with graphics?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: July 01, 2012, 10:37:46 pm »

It's either just me, or there's some sort of a bug where your car/truck's frame "rams into grass/dirt/pavement/whatever non-obstructive terrain tile" and can't move no matter how much I hit the 'speed up' key.

Is this a bug? Has anybody else noticed this?

I found a car crashed into a house. It wouldn't budge, except to squish the dog that was in the back seat. Note to self, do not enter cars with other entities. Note to self 2: invite zombies?
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 777