Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404423 times)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3465 on: March 28, 2013, 08:52:52 pm »

(deleted post because obsolete now)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:11:45 am by robertheinrich »

outofpractice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: March 29, 2013, 12:30:56 am »

Question, with the new r3 release and new dfusion, how do you change the starting number of dwarves now? For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: March 29, 2013, 06:50:45 am »

How do you use the friendship/embark plugins? I have NO experience with LUA so I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: March 30, 2013, 12:32:13 am »

The work you guys have done on this in the past year is just amazing. I love all the new in-game UI plugins. They are fantastic.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: March 30, 2013, 06:48:00 pm »

autoSyndrome.plug.dll is causing crashes in my game (see accmod in my sig)

here's my errorlog.txt (last few lines)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have the save if needed, what weird is it's a new embark, so I'm not sure where the werebeast is coming from (must be offscreen stuff).

anyways, I moved the dll into it's own "bug" folder inside the plugins folder to hopefully avoid the crashes
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:02:38 pm by thistleknot »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: March 30, 2013, 07:19:13 pm »

What are the example interactions doing in the objects folder? O_o

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: March 30, 2013, 07:48:00 pm »

I suck... I thought I saved it, I don't know where the f it went...  I did a search for region*.* and region*.7z and region*.zip and still couldn't find it, I fail...

nm...
found it
http://www.mediafire.com/?jszcb51y4c8k437

I was trying to dig into the earth with some bronze picks, that's what WAS starting the ruckus before I moved the dll
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:56:10 pm by thistleknot »

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: March 30, 2013, 08:04:54 pm »

The "prospect" command in DFHack can be used before embark to identify layer stones and minerals that should be at the site. There is a vague warning about this use of the command, that it may not be accurate.

1. Which of the identified memory structures is the stone/mineral data coming from?
2. What causes the potential inaccuracy?
3. How feasible is it to make a script that searches the entire world and provides coordinates for mineral deposits that meet preselected specifications (the most common search being "iron ore + flux")?
4. How feasible is it to make a better site finder, with some kind of UI?

Since you can target specific blob-shaped biomes that make up the highlighted embark site with F1, F2, etc. and check the minerals in those biomes, we should be able to browse the structure of biomes and assemble a list of biomes that contain all the desired stones. IF the biomes don't contain their own locations, we could then scan the world embark tiles and list the XY coordinates whenever one of those biomes appears.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: March 31, 2013, 06:46:23 am »

1. Which of the identified memory structures is the stone/mineral data coming from?
2. What causes the potential inaccuracy?

The root cause of the inaccuracy is that the world is generated using a multiple level of detail approach, and without cloning the generation algorithm with 100% accuracy it is only possible to see what is currently generated in memory. The existing levels of detail are:

• A map of biomes as a grid of embark regions, which you see in the middle map of the embark screen. Every biome has some parameters like one value of elevation and rainfall/savagery/etc. It also has a list of mineral layers, and veins that can be found therein with associated probabilities.
  • When you select a region, it generates the map you see on the left. At this point it decides how the biomes associated with the big regions are actually located within it, producing those irregularly shaped blobs. Basically, for every one of the 16x16 embark rectangles in the region it decides which of the 3x3 possible surrounding biomes it contains. It also computes elevation maps for the embark rectangles, and plots the path of the rivers - again only at embark rect level.
  • Once you actually embark, it finally generates the detailed map, consisting of all the millions of actual tiles.

Since the actual tiles of veins and layers are only generated in phase 3, it is impossible to tell exactly how many tiles of the given type there will be, only the sort-of average expected amount. Veins in particular are chosen randomly based on their probability, and then their tiles are again randomized. They can also be cut away by caverns, which are again random - the only thing you can tell before phase 3 is the depth range where they will be located. Finally, the way it decides how many soil layers will be present is something of a mystery, so prospect can get it wrong, thus shifting the whole stack in z dimension, and possibly announcing soil types that won't be there at all. Currently it uses a heuristic based on elevation, since that seems to be what the embark screen is doing when deciding whether to display or not display soil on the right - i.e. the higher the elevation the less soil there is, culminating in mountains. It is also possible for adjacent biomes to intrude on the margins of the embark area, like it happens on bigger scale with region biomes; although this is probably mostly irrelevant for calculating veins, only layer materials.

3. How feasible is it to make a script that searches the entire world and provides coordinates for mineral deposits that meet preselected specifications (the most common search being "iron ore + flux")?

An issue here is that the level of detail phase 2 is also lazily generated, so you would have to feed key presses to the regular embark screen to move its cursor to the region you want; just setting variables won't do it. This is completely feasible, and not that hard at that, except that it may cause confusing flicker in the ui.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:42:28 am by ag »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: March 31, 2013, 08:37:30 am »

An issue here is that the level of detail phase 2 is also lazily generated, so you would have to feed key presses to the regular embark screen to move its cursor to the region you want; just setting variables won't do it. This is completely feasible, and not that hard at that, except that it may cause confusing flicker in the ui.
Actually no. All you need to do is run the inbuilt site-finder once, and it'll generate the whole world.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: March 31, 2013, 08:44:21 am »

Anyone going to help with the questions? I can't figure out how to use friendship/embark.

StephenJacob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: April 01, 2013, 09:12:56 am »

I've been trying to reattach my left leg for a few hours and I can't seem to get it right .
I finally found the missing part flag in unit.body.components.body_part_status (I was looking in unit.body.body_plan.body_parts ...duh ) but it only reattaches the limb and not its layers (skin,bone,muscle) .
I tried changing any variable I could find with "layer" in its name but so far nothing ...
Does anyone know where I can find those flags, if they even exist ?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 01, 2013, 10:09:01 pm »

I get a crash-to-desktop when pressing 'e' or maybe 'alt-e' in the military screen. I got it twice, but cant relyably replicate it. I dont have any hotkeys set to e/alt-e. It happens when I want to open the equipment screen for squads. I know its not from modding, so it has to be one of three sources:

1. dfhack r3.
2. falconnes plugins.
3. Putnams scripts.

I will just leave that here, maybe someone knows something.

I can also confirm having this problem, though falconne's plugins are ruled out - the military screen crashes still happened after they were removed.

Needless to say, this is seriously inconveniencing for modders and players using dfhack, and I hope this can be looked into. :(
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: April 01, 2013, 11:13:01 pm »

I get a crash-to-desktop when pressing 'e' or maybe 'alt-e' in the military screen. I got it twice, but cant relyably replicate it. I dont have any hotkeys set to e/alt-e. It happens when I want to open the equipment screen for squads. I know its not from modding, so it has to be one of three sources:

1. dfhack r3.
2. falconnes plugins.
3. Putnams scripts.

I will just leave that here, maybe someone knows something.

I can also confirm having this problem, though falconne's plugins are ruled out - the military screen crashes still happened after they were removed.

Needless to say, this is seriously inconveniencing for modders and players using dfhack, and I hope this can be looked into. :(

The culprit seems to be the search plugin. I can reproduce the crash with the following steps (but only in a couple of my savegames):
enter military screen (m), select a squad, go to the candidates column on the right, press e

This will reliably crash my game while the search plugin is loaded. I'm now trying to reproduce it in a fresh game, maybe it depends on something like the size of the unit list as I was unable to crash it like that with creating a squad on a fresh embark so far.

Well for the time being make sure that you don't press e while you are in the candidates column then you should be on the safe side until the bug is fixed.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: April 01, 2013, 11:31:49 pm »

Thanks! So I guess deleting the search plugin file will fix the problem for the time being. :)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 373