Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 69373 times)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Game on
« Reply #390 on: November 23, 2014, 05:18:24 pm »

I think there's a fair chance that others suffered from the same mishap as I did: Llamabeast did something,
Please check your game on the llamaserver.net website. If you've sent a turn in, you may well need to send it in again. Possibly your game will have gone back in time by a turn.
There are a lot of turns that haven't been sent in. I can't say which ones belong to whom. I advise one and all to re-send their turns.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 23, 2014, 11:26:07 pm »

I thought we'd established that the list on the website is:

1. Karlito - Samarir
2. lijacote - Lissasa
3. Boksi - Darmekot
4. Culise - Dousheim
5. USEC_OFFICER - Dheathig
6. Bluerobin - Midmatia
6. Delta Foxtrot - Agor
7. tompliss - Shangrila
8. E. Albright - Illen

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 23, 2014, 11:26:43 pm »

I was, indeed, numbah 6.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 23, 2014, 11:33:20 pm »

Hi, the LlamaServer is now up and running on a new, upgraded server.

And there was much rejoicing.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 24, 2014, 02:32:48 pm »

Oh, drat.  Requesting an 8-hour extension.  I shouldn't need all of it, but I should likely plan for worst case scenarios as far as getting my turn in is concerned. 

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 24, 2014, 05:24:57 pm »

Postponed 24h when I spotted an unsubmitted player. And with five minutes left on the clock :D

Close one this time, but at least it wasn't a stale.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 24, 2014, 07:14:52 pm »

To the nation of Samarir, may your bones long moulder in forgotten graves yada yada yada I'm sick, running on a single stolen hour of sleep, and barely processing at all.  So, I'll just say congrats on handing the game to Illen, and know that if you want my lands, you'll have to bleed for them. 

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 24, 2014, 07:26:53 pm »

Doushiem, you gravely overestimate the might of Illen, to say nothing of your underestimating the might of sundry other powers on the map. Illen is not substantially stronger (and frankly is probably not at all stronger) than Darmekot, Agor, or Lisassa. And of those three, only Agor's strategic situation is anywhere near as bad as Illen's.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:29:52 pm by E. Albright »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 24, 2014, 07:41:13 pm »

To the nation of Samarir, may your bones long moulder in forgotten graves yada yada yada I'm sick, running on a single stolen hour of sleep, and barely processing at all.  So, I'll just say congrats on handing the game to Illen, and know that if you want my lands, you'll have to bleed for them. 

Nah, I have slaves to do that for me.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 24, 2014, 08:24:22 pm »

I'm still willing to entertain odds on a stalemate between Agor and Damerkot, but even with Dousheim otherwise occupied, I'm sticking with my initial call of Lisassa steamrolling Illen. I will, however, revise it to Lisassa absorbing Illen in toto and then eating Dheathig, rather than it only conquering half and Dousheim eating Dheathig.

(Canny throne-counters will note that Lisassa taking Illen and Dheathig's thrones will give them a solid eight...)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 24, 2014, 08:37:56 pm »

Monkey see, monkey die.

I'm sure I'll hit a bump in the road soon enough, Damerkot is yet to show their titan in battle. But for now I'm busy obliterating monkeys in the most overpriced ways possible.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 24, 2014, 09:16:15 pm »

Incidentally, lijacote, did you get that artifact before or after the most recent patch hit? If it was after, and from an event, you should probably report it as a bug, since events aren't supposed give them out any more.

(If I'm selling your research capabilities short and you legitimately forged that, my most humble apologies, of course.  :P)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 25, 2014, 05:35:05 am »

Yeah. I got it like before my fifth province or something stupid. I didn't notice it immediately, so it killed a few of my mages.

Should I throw it away or? I'm fine with either. I didn't know it was a bug, I thought it was just my luck scales being ridiculous.
Doushiem, you gravely overestimate the might of Illen, to say nothing of your underestimating the might of sundry other powers on the map. Illen is not substantially stronger (and frankly is probably not at all stronger) than Darmekot, Agor, or Lisassa. And of those three, only Agor's strategic situation is anywhere near as bad as Illen's.
We've got the graphs! WE KNOW YOUR POWER!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 25, 2014, 06:44:53 am »

If the game gave it to you, then the game gave it to you (as utterly obnoxious as it is). If it showed up inappropriately, though, a bug report should be made...  :P

We've got the graphs! WE KNOW YOUR POWER!

Hmph. So you can marvel at how much chaff my enemies are wading through to get to my tender vittles? How much gold I spend each turn to replace that chaff? How paltry the research of the Illenese chaffomancers is?

(Mind you, Illenese chaffomancers aren't even the same kind of chaffomancers as the Lissasan chaffomancers with whom their studies share an ancestoral history - they're not wizards with the power to summon and control endless streams of chaff, no - they're much more than that. They're wizards who have so thoroughly mastered the study of chaff that they've become one with its very essence...)

And if you have the graphs, we must ask... Who shall annal the annalists themselves?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:46:32 am by E. Albright »

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 25, 2014, 06:51:23 am »

If the game gave it to you, then the game gave it to you (as utterly obnoxious as it is). If it showed up inappropriately, though, a bug report should be made...  :P
It happened before the patch, but, uh, was it a bug that the game gave out artifacts earlier, or would it be a bug if it gave it to me after the patch?

And I believe your armies have only grown during this period! Your losses are not so significant as to twist your graphs downwards, no, they trend ever upwards!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45