Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 742680 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #4935 on: December 14, 2017, 04:14:40 pm »

B A wife with some real life experience will be useful. Someone to keep an eye on the shadows for him.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: December 14, 2017, 04:40:04 pm »

B

All hail the mighty Cyl I of Methiant! Slayer of Dwarves, Conqueror of Men and Hurthlings... and total doormat to his own children.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: December 14, 2017, 04:40:16 pm »

You decide that Leath and Ysa will marry, despite all possible objections to this scandalous plan.

1130 AD, Mid-Spring

A small ceremony there is for marriage of Leath and Ysa. The two are absolutely lost in each other's eyes, and you hear that Ysa is a feisty troublemaker but friend of all peoples that accompanies well Leath's taught propriety and charisma.

Though the scandalous marriage of a heir to the throne with a lowly commoner girl does not escape the attention of your subjects, unfortunately. Many governors, officers, priests and nobles voice their utter disgust with the decision, and many openly wonder whether you are fit to govern! Those voices are quieted down by your diplomats and envoys, but it's obvious that that happiness and stability of Methiant took a deep plunge.

1130 AD, Late Spring

You hear that King Shapur launched a campaign against the peoples of Shanshan. Apparently his goal is to reclaim lands lost to their rivals few decades ago. Not surprising, this.

Also, tutors and advisors likewise, have little praise for Ustwelf; he didn't excel in any of the fields of study that your courtiers tried to entice him with. All that can be said about him is, perhaps, that he is lucky, having narrowly escaped several standard childhood accidents that would leave others wounded or maybe even crippled.

1130 AD, Summer

There's a major reform going up in the north; apparently, the shrewd King Talon of Cydwyl has long been uspet at the state of royal bureaucracy in his Kingdom, even long before his venerable mother's death, and took it upon himself to change things. Even now, rumors say that many old, corrupt, or both, officials and tax collectors are being imprisoned or executed for their laziness, briberies or even treacheries while regiments of educated youths thake their place under new scheme of bureaucratic organization.

It will take a while to kick in, but Cydwyl's interior policies might finally rise to be equal to its glorious conquests of past decades.

1130 AD, Midsummer

Sad news reach your palace on an otherwise lovely midsummer day - Elran III, King of Eldrican, has passed away after a friendly duel with one of his courtiers ended in a wound; the wound was sealed but an infection kicked in, and Elran's body, already in its late sixties, succumbed to fever after three day fight against it. His son and heir, Edin, has become the new King of Eldrican, taking on regnal name of Daric III, and people say he's a skilled duelist and renowned military leader.

While your wife Esta is bawling her eyes out (even after being comforted by you and the kids), you decide that you should...

A) Visit the glorious country along with your family and pay respects to Elran III's grave.
B) Send a delegation of courtiers who will pay respects to Elran III's grave.
C) Send a letter of condolences to Daric III.
D) Move on to more important things.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:42:23 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: December 14, 2017, 04:41:57 pm »

B He was not a close ally, so this is good enough.

A damn, I almost forgot he was our wife's father...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:03:49 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: December 14, 2017, 04:43:27 pm »

B, because we have a bunch of angry courtiers and other such lowlives to keep an eye on.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: December 14, 2017, 04:47:56 pm »

A

Our wife should have the proper opportunity to mourn her father.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: December 14, 2017, 04:52:48 pm »

A Close call, but he did visit Methiant once. We shouldn't do less for him than for Dogethe.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: December 14, 2017, 04:54:09 pm »

A. Its our wife's dad, and he DID come here at one point.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: December 14, 2017, 04:56:49 pm »

A

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4944 on: December 14, 2017, 04:56:54 pm »

B

Our court is unhappy with us. Pissing them off and leaving is just asking for trouble.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: December 14, 2017, 05:01:35 pm »

A - What they said. If we leave Leath behind he should be able to convince everyone to keep a lid on it. He should realise how much he owes his dear old dad.

Edit: proofreading
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:13:33 pm by Kashyyk »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: December 14, 2017, 05:10:43 pm »

I'd were leave Leath behind he should be able to convince everyone to keep a lid on it. He should realise how much he owes his dear old dad.

+1

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4947 on: December 14, 2017, 05:15:53 pm »

A - What they said. If we leave Leath behind he should be able to convince everyone to keep a lid on it. He should realise how much he owes his dear old dad.

Edit: proofreading
They're probably angrier with Leath than they are with us.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: December 14, 2017, 05:16:39 pm »

btw, what ever happened with the gold mine?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: December 14, 2017, 05:19:08 pm »

The Empire gave it to us, but we pay them half its yield for five years.

Also, on the matter of years, We got through half of one in one update without having throw money at anything. Our economy number could wind up looking pretty damn good if this luck keeps up.
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 1087