Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Meth Fortress  (Read 18266 times)

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meth Fortress
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 01:43:56 am »

Are you sure about that, Putnam?  I recall back in v34 making a syndrome attached to a sublimating stone that made all the miners go directly to their beds and have a nap.  Repeatedly.  CE_DROWSINESS it was, I believe.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 01:49:47 am »

...right, huh, I keep forgetting about the normal ones because I don't use them much

I guess I was sorta placing it in the same place as hunger/thirst instead of the same place as paralysis/bleeding

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 02:25:28 am »

Does math use cause any degree of emotional detachment? If so, there is always the noemotion tag to make your methdorfs forget all about the dead bodies all around them :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SlyStalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Always angry, all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 03:38:33 am »

Well, I may just end up inventing a new kind of drug, really. How's "elven pubic hair", or what about "smokin' gobbo"?
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 01:31:43 pm »

"Goblin sugar?"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SlyStalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 01:42:44 am »

"Magic Unicorn Dust"
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 01:57:06 am »

"Magic Unicorn Dust"

Made from 100% ground unicorn horn?

SlyStalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 03:05:16 am »

"Magic Unicorn Dust"

Made from 100% ground unicorn horn?
Actually, that's genius.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 11:42:30 am »

This sounds like the first step towards a Best Korea fortress.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2014, 12:30:27 pm »

Maybe, no matter what the lab is made out of, it becomes a flammable material when constructed?
Not possible, but you can just use one single piece of wood as build mat. Thats fine.

good players can use nethecap logs to potentially build a fireproof version if they want. :)

You can make a reaction in a different building that uses the regular building materials to create a single item called 'lab equipment' made out of a flammable material, and then require the 'lab equipment' item to build the lab.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 01:33:45 pm »

If I may work blue for a moment, I'm going to have to similarly favour "magic unicorn dust", because if you're wanting some goblin sugar or find yourself snorting elven pubic hair, you've wandered into a laterally dark mod of an entirely different type.

And I also favour the creation of entirely new drugs for the dwarves to consume.  After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.

SlyStalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 04:11:48 am »

I agree. Coke has better uses than the appeasement of my dwarves.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 03:27:40 pm »

After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
Straight to my signature :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 12:17:22 am »

You could give Dwarven meth an extreamly high item value to, so that way you could sell it for mad stacks and it can act as a wealth trigger for your new DEA civ entity. Though, admitidly a normal fortress would eventualy get raided by the DEA that way so... I dont know. Also for your meth lab acccidents you would want something that produces a posion gas, not just a hot rock, right?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 01:46:20 am »

A syndrome that causes the dorf to turn into a rabbit. Suitably ridiculous fantasy drug-lab accident, right?
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 [2] 3