Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177937 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #1200 on: March 10, 2014, 10:09:56 pm »

Perhaps a little birdy doesn't take that much to revive, and they are Elves, after all. The nice ones have that whole "compassionate for all living things" going.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 10, 2014, 10:27:31 pm »

Keep in mind, if they were that powerful with it, they probably wouldn't have a declining population.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

crazedjesster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 11, 2014, 01:45:09 am »

I think we need a good lay before we leave!!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 11, 2014, 02:16:28 am »

Oh crab, I just noticed the cabbage elf XD

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 11, 2014, 07:17:34 am »

Keep in mind, if they were that powerful with it, they probably wouldn't have a declining population.
They can't exactly bring these old guys to the battlefield, in range of ranged weaponry, can they? Carrying corpses all the way back is also rather troublesome.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 11, 2014, 08:56:09 am »

Perhaps he has to give from his own lifespan. Resurrecting a bird for a year or two is small change for an old elf. Resurrecting a young elven warrior is suicide.

And don't underestimate the gauntlet, it may have other uses, and undead are animated by unnatural energies that the gauntlet could drain like it does with life force. Also, does the charming Nimzy see us as something more than just a friend? Because she's smoking hot. Will she come with us?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1206 on: March 11, 2014, 11:38:51 am »

Also note that the elves believe that all magic has drawbacks, and their magic's drawback has yet to be seen.
Nerin would at this point know that the elves don't consider magic usage as their own doing but as the intervention of God.  :)

Glad you're back.
Never left, just took a long time to write it up :P
I think it's worth considering. Depends on how well guarded and funded the expedition is. Are we talking about just us and a few people in robes or will there be guards / military accompanying us?
An expedition like this would probably consist of a handful of priests or experts and Nerin would not be expected to fight.

Wow this has exploded since I stopped reading it....
Nice work man! Especially on the art style upgrade!
Thanks, glad you find it enjoyable  :D

The Elf who used the Magic Glowing Stick seems to be the most thin, and bony Elf we've ever seen, with little muscle tone and many wrinkles.
He must either be VERY old, or his light magic draws from his life force; which makes a bit of sese if they made a bird come back to life.
The guy in the picture and the guy with the bird was not the same one, my bad tho for not clarifying it properly :P
Oh crab, I just noticed the cabbage elf XD
It's subtle huh? ;)

I think we need a good lay before we leave!!
Elves aren't remotly as frivolous as dwarves  :-\

Also, does the charming Nimzy see us as something more than just a friend? Because she's smoking hot. Will she come with us?
Her family wouldn't allow her to leave even if she wanted to, it would require some fairly elaborate scheming to sneak her out :(

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 11, 2014, 11:41:02 am »

I know the kind of elaborate scheming that would wind up going on, and do not wish for her to be subjected to it. That poor nurse...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 11, 2014, 11:43:47 am »

I know the kind of elaborate scheming that would wind up going on, and do not wish for her to be subjected to it. That poor nurse...
Naw, we don't need to do that. Just taunt the goblins into going full blown siege on the elves, smoke their oak, take that as a sign that goblins are in the city and evacuate her.

Edit: Maybe if we kept her drunk all the time, she wouldn't be aware of what we'd be doing?

Edit2: I suppose that Grandpa would notice and dissaprove if we were to kill all her family and friends in secret.

Edit3: Maybe if we snuck a really, really terible STD into her undies, as to deter any possible suitors? We'd become the consolation prize.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:52:13 pm by AfellowDwarf »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 11, 2014, 01:13:23 pm »

We could woo her family, gaining their trust, and earning her hand.
That or elaborate the poisoning of her nearest male family members and suitors.

Either works.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 01:17:13 pm by javierpwn »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1210 on: March 11, 2014, 01:16:09 pm »

Naw, we don't need to do that. Just taunt the goblins into going full blown siege on the elves, smoke their oak, take that as a sign that goblins are in the city and evacuate her.

Edit: Maybe if we kept her drunk all the time, she wouldn't be aware of what we'd be doing?

Edit2: I suppose that Grandpa would notice and dissaprove if we were to kill all her family and friends in secret.

Edit3: Maybe if we snuck a really, really terible STD into her undies, as to deter any possible suitors? We'd become the consolation prize.
This is the reason why thread after thread keep forbidding you from making fanart ಠ_ಠ

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 11, 2014, 01:18:06 pm »

To clarify, when I said she would be unaware of our actions, I ment fire and murder.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 11, 2014, 03:50:04 pm »

Don't screw this up, guys. She considers Nerin at least a friend, perhaps more. She has known us for months and still voluntarily spends time with us, time that Nerin enjoys. She can't come to the expedition, so what? We will return. Or we won't. Perhaps she will say "goodbye, please come back alive" in a very pleasant manner  :P
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 11, 2014, 04:25:44 pm »

Naw, we don't need to do that. Just taunt the goblins into going full blown siege on the elves, smoke their oak

Let's not make any attempts to destroy the city before we're done gaining every advantage we can from it... We literally just got to a point where we're reaping some significant rewards. So let's get what we can while we can. Suck the city dry so to speak, until there's nothing left worth hanging around for.

After that... well sure.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1214 on: March 11, 2014, 04:28:30 pm »

Naw, we don't need to do that. Just taunt the goblins into going full blown siege on the elves, smoke their oak

Let's not make any attempts to destroy the city before we're done gaining every advantage we can from it... We literally just got to a point where we're reaping some significant rewards. So let's get what we can while we can. Suck the city dry so to speak, until there's nothing left worth hanging around for.

After that... well sure.
Speaking of access to rescources, if you wanna bring something in particular right now would be your chance to pick it up. Speaking of that...someone remember where the last bag update was?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 90