Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 768529 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #2415 on: May 29, 2012, 12:16:01 am »

Actually, I recommend that particular episode of Adventure Time (Conquest of Cuteness) to everyone who plays DF. (Actually I recommend the whole show in general.) The resemblance of the Cuties to in-game kobolds extends beyond their cuteness. :D

Joshua the Samurai

• Bay Watcher
  • I am the Samurai! FEAR ME!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: May 29, 2012, 12:56:56 am »

A ways back I had a goblin civ called "The Anus of Stretching" if they drive save your last crossbow bolt for yourself . . .
I am the Samurai, Fear me!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 29, 2012, 05:41:11 pm »

A ways back I had a goblin civ called "The Anus of Stretching" if they drive save your last crossbow bolt for yourself . . .
If one of their towers were named "walledprisons" or the like...

XD
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 30, 2012, 09:53:45 am »

Actually, I recommend that particular episode of Adventure Time (Conquest of Cuteness) to everyone who plays DF. (Actually I recommend the whole show in general.) The resemblance of the Cuties to in-game kobolds extends beyond their cuteness. :D

From the looks of it, it looks like a kiddy show. I hate kiddie shows with a passion.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2419 on: May 30, 2012, 10:23:52 am »

Well I don't know how you define kiddie show, but I wouldn't imagine kids watching it with the same level of enjoyment that adults do. Actually it's trippy as all hell, which I love. The first season was kind of meh, but the second and third I watch over and over again, especially while, let's say... under a certain "influence." I know a whole lot of adults who love it and don't know any kids who watch it (and I'm a kindergarten teacher).

Check it out, or don't, those are your options and neither one is likely to damage your life in any significant way.

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: June 01, 2012, 01:29:51 am »

In one of my worlds, there was a thousand year old Monitor Brute that had become the leader of a human civ. Wrote loads of books about himself.

His name was Gabe, which I found amusing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: June 01, 2012, 01:32:52 am »

That's.... Anticlimactic.

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #2422 on: June 01, 2012, 10:27:00 am »

The only son (and only surviving child, for that matter) of my badass companion... is named Loli Holetreasure.

He's doing well for himself, at least. He lives in the capital with his wife and daughter, secretly cursing his parents for the day they saddled him with such a cruel name.

There's also his grandmother, Pis Swallowedcalm. She lived in Carnalmoistens.

And somewhere out there, directly over HFS, is a place called the Adorable Hills, bordered by such fantasies as the Hill of Lovers.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: June 01, 2012, 10:09:23 pm »

I had an adventurer named Touchballs. He throws rocks a lot, so the name makes sense :|

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: June 02, 2012, 12:30:49 am »

Swordgoblin ambush, three of them have matching last names.

Jadevice
Lambsvice
Chancevice

Were they followed by 5 female goblins named Gingervice, Sportyvice, Poshvice, Babyvice and Scaryvice?

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: June 02, 2012, 07:29:07 pm »

In one of my worlds, there was a thousand year old Monitor Brute that had become the leader of a human civ. Wrote loads of books about himself.

His name was Gabe, which I found amusing.

Has he written the final book in the Half-life trilogy yet?

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: June 02, 2012, 08:06:32 pm »

After slaying two bandit leaders and the bandit that killed my last adventurer, I am now Carminefloors the...Intense Pet.

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: June 02, 2012, 08:13:18 pm »

Has he written the final book in the Half-life trilogy yet?

No, but he did right a book entitled... Dragons and Bottoms: A Comparison

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: June 02, 2012, 09:39:22 pm »

Well I don't know how you define kiddie show, but I wouldn't imagine kids watching it with the same level of enjoyment that adults do. Actually it's trippy as all hell, which I love. The first season was kind of meh, but the second and third I watch over and over again, especially while, let's say... under a certain "influence." I know a whole lot of adults who love it and don't know any kids who watch it (and I'm a kindergarten teacher).

Check it out, or don't, those are your options and neither one is likely to damage your life in any significant way.

under a certain "influence."
(and I'm a kindergarten teacher)

I DON'T EVEN?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: June 02, 2012, 09:53:17 pm »

Sappho is pre' cool, she under the influences and doesn't afraid of anything. :D
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 238