Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651850 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1860 on: November 06, 2013, 11:26:04 pm »

Huh? People actually want Pokerus? I ended up getting it on my Azumarill somehow yesterday (dumb luck I guess) and I'm like "Great... if only this had happened in any gen without Super Training."

Still, if others want it, I have a junk guy in the box to preserve it for me. I can always pass it to a few more and trade them away.

In other news, I'm trudging through Victory Road. Shouldn't be too long now...

Edit: Also, why does Goodra suck, exactly? (Disclaimer: I don't play competitively) I use mine to fill holes in the move types I have on my team. It can learn all sorts of useful TMs. Mine has Ice Beam, Earthquake, Dragon Pulse and Thunderbolt. Of course you gotta be careful to avoid heavy-hitting physical attacks, but besides that it seems to do alright.

Pokerus is still extremely valuable. See Horde EV training. http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1os41g/a_small_traditional_ev_training_guide_aka_why/

To me, Goodra felt subpar compared to the other Dragon-types, on top of being part of the generation that created Fairy-types. Not to mention that Goomy is found in the route directly before the Fairy-type gym, so from the get-go, he feels mildly useless. On top of THAT, he also has a slow experience gain. It was mildly frustrating grinding him up to the rest of my party after the Fairy gym. He doesn't have a subtype either, so no STAB attacks except for Dragon, which is ONLY super-effective against other Dragons.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my Goodra, but he was one of the Pokemon on my team that got carried. Maybe it was just a bad nature or bad EVs. Although, looking at his base stats, his Sp. Def. is quite ludicrous. Could work well as a wall. Also, I loved that he had Hydration, but hated that it always required setting up Rainy Day.

I think it's mainly that he came with the Fairy generation. To me, it seemed like a lot of trainers used Fairy-types.
Also often called Boowells.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: November 06, 2013, 11:41:06 pm »

Added everyone so far though, but some still haven't added me.
I heard someone caught a shiny Delibird, please don't tell me my F-Safari spawned it.
((Though most of the X/Y Shiny stories I hear mention the friend safari in some way.))
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: November 06, 2013, 11:43:49 pm »

Added everyone so far though, but some still haven't added me.
I heard someone caught a shiny Delibird, please don't tell me my F-Safari spawned it.
((Though most of the X/Y Shiny stories I hear mention the friend safari in some way.))

Was me, and it was a standard wild encounter.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: November 07, 2013, 12:16:27 am »

Moltres - #146 (Naughty)
HP: 20 - 21
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 2
SpD: 20 - 21
Speed: 31

Anyone got any ideas for a crazy physical Moltres set?  Or should I reload?  I mean 3 perfect Ivs and an ok nature is great but Urrrrge that SpA...

Still the pure surprise level might be interesting and it might work as a mixed attacker?

I know some moltres throw Sky Attack with a Power Herb on a Moltres from time to time. You could try a sub/roost pressure stall set as well. That isn't as reliant on hurting things.

I also just picked up a friend from battling random passerbys who has Herracross in his F-Safari. I'll catch one for you if ya want. Could you get me a good Shadow-Tag Emomon from my own friend safari in return?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 07, 2013, 12:21:24 am »

Moltres - #146 (Naughty)
HP: 20 - 21
Att: 31
SpA: 2
SpD: 20 - 21

Anyone got any ideas for a crazy physical Moltres set?  Or should I reload?  I mean 3 perfect Ivs and an ok nature is great but Urrrrge that SpA...

Still the pure surprise level might be interesting and it might work as a mixed attacker?

I know some moltres throw Sky Attack with a Power Herb on a Moltres from time to time. You could try a sub/roost pressure stall set as well. That isn't as reliant on hurting things.

I also just picked up a friend from battling random passerbys who has Herracross in his F-Safari. I'll catch one for you if ya want. Could you get me a good Shadow-Tag Emomon from my own friend safari in return?

That moltres will be nigh useless outside of a suicide lead due to SR. So yeah, Power Herb sky attack and maybe flare blitz if you can learn it, i don't think it can, but worth checking. 50% health every time you switch into SR hurts.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: November 07, 2013, 12:32:23 am »

With defog around, Hazards are much easier to handle this gen. Between defog and fairy resistance, fire has become a much better defensive type.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: November 07, 2013, 12:42:36 am »

Ok then.. I ditched it and will keep catching it.

I'll go for the shadow tag thing once done with Moltres catching (unless I get really annoyed with it). (I assume you mean gothitelle? Shouldn't be too hard via the quickball blitz method!)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:47:16 am by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: November 07, 2013, 01:03:00 am »

With defog around, Hazards are much easier to handle this gen. Between defog and fairy resistance, fire has become a much better defensive type.

Does Defog remove hazards now? Daaamn.
No longer do we need to rely on fragile spinners and spinblockers.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 07, 2013, 01:12:06 am »

I read something of the sort, not sure were i read it, and not sure if it works on all hazards.
Being Fire/Fairy/Flying Trainer myself, this is wonderful news for BI/BM battles and me as two of those types are prone to SR and two to Spikes/TS.*
edit: provided it works on all hazards.

EDIT2
According to Serebii It works on the target's side of the field and effects Reflect/Lightscreen/Safeguard & all hazards on target but lowers target's evasion, which is not useful in singles and risky in doubles/triples.
And useless in rotation battles. Alas, it seems my lovely rotations will never be a really appreciated part of pokemon.

--ninja'd by better explanation next post.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:20:27 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 07, 2013, 01:16:32 am »

I'll go for the shadow tag thing once done with Moltres catching (unless I get really annoyed with it). (I assume you mean gothitelle? Shouldn't be too hard via the quickball blitz method!)

No. The other Shadow Tag Pokemon in my safari :p

Anyway, what IVs are you looking for? I've caught two good Herracross so far, a male with perfect ATK and SPEED, and a female with perfect HP, SPATK, SPDEF, and SPEED. I think I'll breed them with the D-knot and see what happens. I have a bunch of other ones with IVs in strange places if you are in a rush to get one. They all had counter when I caught them at lvl 30, so there is no need to train or waste any heart scales to get the move.

Fakedit: Just noticed the male was Adamant to go with his perfect attack and speed. I don't think I want to trade that one.

Yeah. The only drawbacks it has over spin is that alot of the users are weak to rocks, and it clears hazards on both sides of the field, so you may not want to use it if you intend to stack spikes or whatnot.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:18:52 am by Weirdsound »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: November 07, 2013, 01:20:11 am »

Still haven't got myself a copy. :(
Hopefully somewhere will have the game in stock by the time I get paid. Otherwise I might have to buy the game via the Nintendo store or something equally ludicrous... Are there any downsides to doing so?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: November 07, 2013, 01:29:59 am »

No. The other Shadow Tag Pokemon in my safari :p

Anyway, what IVs are you looking for? I've caught two good Herracross so far, a male with perfect ATK and SPEED, and a female with perfect HP, SPATK, SPDEF, and SPEED. I think I'll breed them with the D-knot and see what happens. I have a bunch of other ones with IVs in strange places if you are in a rush to get one. They all had counter when I caught them at lvl 30, so there is no need to train or waste any heart scales to get the move.

Fakedit: Just noticed the male was Adamant to go with his perfect attack and speed. I don't think I want to trade that one.

Yeah. The only drawbacks it has over spin is that alot of the users are weak to rocks, and it clears hazards on both sides of the field, so you may not want to use it if you intend to stack spikes or whatnot.

Ideally I could use a Male Heracross with the dump stat in special attack.  A nature boosting anything at a cost of special attack would also be great but I can handle that on the female end.  Any other perfect Ivs are just great, although it would most benefit from good Defense, attack, and hp.  (Gonna be using it to breed counter onto a Gligar :P.

Also I caught a decent Moltres:

Moltres - #146 (Hardy)

HP: 31
Att: 19
SpA: 20 - 21
SpD: 25

Started the goth hunt but your area is assailing me with a line of pigs and I need to sleep soon.  Will work on it more tomorrow.

Edit: I swear... seven in a damn row!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:37:59 am by neotemplar »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: November 07, 2013, 01:50:30 am »

Cool. I suspect I'll have some perfect IV'd Heracross bred by tomorrow.

On that note anybody want to trade me a female that is in both Bug and Another Egg Group so I can spread the perfect IVs? The list of such pokemon can be found on this page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bug_(Egg_Group)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: November 07, 2013, 01:52:14 am »

Cool. I suspect I'll have some perfect IV'd Heracross bred by tomorrow.

On that note anybody want to trade me a female that is in both Bug and Another Egg Group so I can spread the perfect IVs? The list of such pokemon can be found on this page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bug_(Egg_Group)

Looks like I either have not seen you online or these are incredibly rare... I used a flee test to establish if they had shadow tag and exactly 0/20+ had it.

We can look into it more tomorrow, I'm going to sleep now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: November 07, 2013, 01:56:07 am »

The odds are better if I'm online I think. The connection in my room is choppy. I'll try to hop on with you tomorrow. Also, you might try testing by switching. I'm not sure if Wilds can block your run away action like that. Also, ghosts are imune to being trapped this gen, so if you lead with one of those, that may be your problem.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 463