Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651195 times)

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2160 on: November 13, 2013, 08:43:16 pm »

I think that when I beat the game, I'm going to start doing EV/IV training for the first time ever.
What would you guys say is the best guide?
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 13, 2013, 10:09:05 pm »

So, at this point, I'm almost certain that the Friend Safari gives a much higher chance of a shiny. I've just been absentmindedly fighting Pokemon in various Friend Safaris while doing other things. So far, I've found a total of four in less than 15-20 hours, if I'm not mistaken. Considering the general, supposed rarity of shinies, I'd say this beats out the Masuda Method and possibly the Pokeradar. Not as easy as chain fishing, though. Also, you probably will almost never get the shiny you actually want unless you spend quite some time on it. I suppose that's where trading comes in, though.

Right now, my count is at eight shiny Pokemon.
3 from chain fishing (My highest chain, according to a guy in the Fishing Shack, is at 87)
1 from the Masuda Method (around 600 eggs hatched)
4 from the Friend Safari.

I haven't gotten any from the Pokeradar, mainly because I don't want to spend all that attention when I could just go do something else instead. It's also proven particularly frustrating to use even if I might not spend all that much time on it. I might try it again sometime, but for now, I'd rather not. My highest chain on the Pokeradar was around 25 Croagunks. It's probably worth it, though, if you can hit the 40 chain reliably.

EDIT: Ultimuh's third Pokemon in his Friend Safari is Frogadier. If you want Protean, there it is.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:14:00 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 13, 2013, 10:26:43 pm »

Pokemon in the friend safari have a confirmed shiny rate of a 40 chain using the pokeradar.

It's why they all have at least 2 IVs. Because when you 40 chain, you get the same thing.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 13, 2013, 10:32:08 pm »

Pokemon in the friend safari have a confirmed shiny rate of a 40 chain using the pokeradar.

It's why they all have at least 2 IVs. Because when you 40 chain, you get the same thing.

Huh. Explains a lot. Thanks.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 13, 2013, 10:37:12 pm »

I can elaborate a bit more too.

1. The max chain you can get is 40 anyway which is a 1/200 chance of finding a shiny.
2. You can't chain in friend safari, but every pokemon is set at 40 chain. So every pokemon in a friend safari is a 1/200 chance of shiny.
3. This is irrelevant of whether you encounter another pokemon as you look for a specific shiny. So unlike chaining, you can just randomly run around a safari and encounter as many pokemon you like and you still have the same odds.

You can see an updated version of the automatic shiny catcher here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2850001377&feature=iv&src_vid=moBGHUfw-Ho&v=pzh7a-21oUs

It uses the friend safari for a much greater effect.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 13, 2013, 10:45:54 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 13, 2013, 11:00:40 pm »

oh wow

Wonder trade is pretty amazing mostly. Just got a level 1 Adamant Drillbur with "outstanding potential overall", and 31/31/x/31/31/31. Only bad thing is that it has Mold Breaker, not Sand Rush, but that's still bloody good.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 13, 2013, 11:07:24 pm »

I can elaborate a bit more too.

1. The max chain you can get is 40 anyway which is a 1/200 chance of finding a shiny.
2. You can't chain in friend safari, but every pokemon is set at 40 chain. So every pokemon in a friend safari is a 1/200 chance of shiny.
3. This is irrelevant of whether you encounter another pokemon as you look for a specific shiny. So unlike chaining, you can just randomly run around a safari and encounter as many pokemon you like and you still have the same odds.

You can see an updated version of the automatic shiny catcher here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2850001377&feature=iv&src_vid=moBGHUfw-Ho&v=pzh7a-21oUs

It uses the friend safari for a much greater effect.

I knew number 1 and I figured number 3 was true. Was that video made by the same guy who did the automatic chain fisher?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 13, 2013, 11:10:58 pm »

Yeah. He upgraded it.

There are quite a number of strange "hacks" to pokemon xy out now. For example, if you use your computer as an intermediary between your 3DS and the internet, you can use pokemon trade to get exact IV numbers as it intercepts the data being transferred around.

Also probably means it'll be possible to alter and change the data.

Not that it matters, since in 2 months you can get all the perfect shiny mons you want.

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #2169 on: November 13, 2013, 11:13:15 pm »

I wonder if there's a thing like "middle child syndrome" for Pokemon? I mean, who ever remembers Charmeleon? (I can't even remember what it *looks* like...) Everyone remembers Charmander and Charizard. At least Ivysaur was playable in Smash Bros...
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 13, 2013, 11:14:01 pm »

I tried a couple of wonder trades last night, since my internet is finally working.
The one good thing I got was a level 30~ Foongus with a bunch of moves. Also it was from Spain(I think).
Considering I haven't even reached the area where you can catch those yet, it's pretty cool. :P

Makes me feel kinda guilty, since I'm pretty sure I traded a Jumpluff named NopeNopeNope for it. :-X

Fakeedit: Charmeleon actually looks like some sort of angst-ridden adolescent, too, so it's perfect.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 13, 2013, 11:16:20 pm »

Cool things to know about shinies, I still only got the one though, amusingly from a non matsuda egg (aka rare method lol).

In other news I was challenged by a random dude to singles.  I rejected him and offered doubles and he accepted.  I wiped out his team of 5 while only getting hit by one move, a Mega Mewtwo X psychic on M Charizard Y.  This did not even take 50% Hp...  Then Chandelure hit him with choice spec shadowball and instagibbed him. 

I am very amused that I made his Mega Mewtwo hilariously fail.  Gleeful laughing was had.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 13, 2013, 11:18:39 pm »

Yeah. He upgraded it.

There are quite a number of strange "hacks" to pokemon xy out now. For example, if you use your computer as an intermediary between your 3DS and the internet, you can use pokemon trade to get exact IV numbers as it intercepts the data being transferred around.

Not that it matters, since in 2 months you can get all the perfect shiny mons you want.

Interesting. Ah, well, in 2 months, I may or may not still be playing the game, haha.

Speaking of Wonder Trade, did the whole Bad Egg thing turn out to be true or just a rumor? I might send a shiny or two off through it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 13, 2013, 11:26:30 pm »

Yeah. He upgraded it.

Interesting. Ah, well, in 2 months, I may or may not still be playing the game, haha.

Speaking of Wonder Trade, did the whole Bad Egg thing turn out to be true or just a rumor? I might send a shiny or two off through it.

It turned out to be related to a corrupted SD card or a modified 3DS. Nearly no one has gotten a bad egg via wonder trade - they're not tradable and never have been.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 13, 2013, 11:30:14 pm »

Speaking of eggs, I currently have two in my party.
I generally have one or two pokemon who do all the heavy lifting anyway... the rest are generally just along for the ride, same as eggs. :P No idea when they're going to hatch. I'm assuming there's nothing special I need to do?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 463