Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651192 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2355 on: December 03, 2013, 10:55:25 am »

I managed to produce a zubat with 5/6 perfect IVs and a def IV of at least 26! And it has adamant, infiltrator, defog, and brave bird. This makes me pretty darn pleased with it.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: December 03, 2013, 02:15:52 pm »

I'm assuming you meant Slowbro?
Why is that? I don't actually know the practical difference between the two of them.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: December 03, 2013, 03:15:14 pm »

Identical, just with flipped defense and spdef, and slightly different moves.

Slowbro has 95/110/80 defenses, where Slowking has 95/80/110.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: December 03, 2013, 03:33:34 pm »

Hmm... does Slowbro have fire blast? I kinda like my Slowking.

Here's my lame-ass stall team in a double battle against a 1600 rank player. You can see no one expects the fire blast from Slowking.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: December 03, 2013, 09:05:46 pm »

Hmm... does Slowbro have fire blast? I kinda like my Slowking.

According to serebii, yes SlowBRO does.

Personally between the two, Bro and King, I'd go with King since i like it's design better.
Even then, if I'm going water+psychic, I'm going with my Cloe the Starmie

Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:09 pm »

Slowking gets Dragon Tail, where Slowbro gets Signal Beam, iirc. This lets Slowking phaze opponents out like a charm!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: December 03, 2013, 09:27:19 pm »

Is a Nidoqueen with Earthquake, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast, and Surf any good? (Gen III.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: December 03, 2013, 09:40:23 pm »

I found Nidoqueen and Nidoking good in theory, but they have way too many major weaknesses to be practical. And they're all super common weaknesses too.

Ground, water, psychic, ice.

Basically with Nidoqueen, if she's not out already, when exactly can you send her out safely? Even if the enemy will use a move she isn't 2x weak to, she will still take huge damage to die the next turn anyway as she's quite slow.

I think if you're looking for an all purpose attacker, there are a lot of better options. Rotom-w or Gyrados for example.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: December 03, 2013, 10:14:46 pm »

Korbac said Gen 3 in their post...

So i presume they meant specifically in GEN3, in which case Rotom-w wasnt around and Gyardos while around handles a smudge or two differently.

the best advice i can give Korbac:
http://www.serebii.net/potw/031.shtml - serebii 3rd gen Nidoqueen POTW link.

It doesnt have an entry for later gens though.

Shame really, i love the Nido line.

EDIT: To answer Korbac's Question myself, the only thing  i'd suggest changing would be Lose fire blast for flamethrower, the accuracy drop isnt worth it in Queen's case in gen3.

EDIT2:
So Just a quick thing I wanna ask about:
Would a Special Attacking(not Mixed, just Special) Blaziken or Mega Blaziken be as potent as the physical ones are?
I just want to deviate a bit here...so yeah...lol.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:56:47 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: December 04, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »

Doubtful. It's SpA is lower, Fire Blast is weaker and less accurate than Flare Blitz (although no recoil), Focus Blast has the same issues compared to HJK. and I don't think it has any special answer for Swords Dance. It gets Solar Beam, which is nice if you're in sun, but that's about the only advantage.

EDIT: It does get Work Up and Hone Claws, which could both be used for a mixed set, but are kind of iffy otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:15:15 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: December 04, 2013, 06:34:39 pm »

It loses Sword Dance and 10 points, but 110 Sp.A is still quite respectable.  Certainly, Infernape has become a great mixed wallbreaker with less.  The biggest issue is probably movepool; in addition to not receiving Nasty Plot (which rules out set-up sweeping, but not straight sweeps), it only receives a handful of special moves.  Apart from Hidden Power, the only special attacking moves of particular worth are Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Solar Beam, and Focus Blast, which Urist outlined.  Still, since the majority of Blazikens seem to be either physical attackers or baton passers, a special or mixed set does have something to recommend it in that particular respect, and its stats combined with Speed Boost are certainly strong enough to carry it. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:36:24 pm by Culise »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: December 04, 2013, 06:44:33 pm »

Thanks Culise - I do wanna mention that Mega-Blaziken is base ATK160 and it's base SPATK is 130, 10 more than normal physical Blazikens' ATK

Going just special, Life orb and Flamethrower & Focus Blast was my idea, though FThrower is Pre-evo only
Focus blast does have an accuracy issue as Urist said, yeah, And like Culise mentioned, special movepool is bleak but a Miss by or protect-blocked FB doesn't deal Recoil, though low PP is the cost.
As for special grass attack I was actually thinking of going Hidden Power Grass instead of Solar Beam, I believe that's less power but more reliable than sun-dependancy since the final move would likely be protect to score a speed boost.

So it has some, but not much viability, maybe not in OU or Uber, but perhaps UU.
Also an acquaintance of mine offsite got into a big debate with me about the Move Incinerate: They seem to think it prevents stuff like Power herb and other trigger-in-battle items, not just berries, but I'm not seeing proof of that anywhere, can anyone here confirm or deny this?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:48:22 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: December 04, 2013, 06:55:41 pm »

Thanks Culise - I do wanna mention that Mega-Blaziken is base ATK160 and it's base SPATK is 130, 10 more than normal physical Blazikens' ATK

Going just special, Life orb and Flamethrower & Focus Blast was my idea, though FThrower is Pre-evo only
Focus blast does have an accuracy issue as Urist said, yeah, And like Culise mentioned, special movepool is bleak but a Miss by or protect-blocked FB doesn't deal Recoil, though low PP is the cost.
As for special grass attack I was actually thinking of going Hidden Power Grass instead of Solar Beam, I believe that's less power but more reliable than sun-dependancy since the final move would likely be protect to score a speed boost.

So it has some, but not much viability, maybe not in OU or Uber, but perhaps UU.
Also an acquaintance of mine offsite got into a big debate with me about the Move Incinerate: They seem to think it prevents stuff like Power herb and other trigger-in-battle items, not just berries, but I'm not seeing proof of that anywhere, can anyone here confirm or deny this?
Ah, I'm not sure Mega Blaziken is actually the best option for a special set.  A Life Orb boosts the power of attacking moves by 130%, versus the ~20% boost (reduced also by a constant term) of a MegaKen.  It seems to be better than a Life Orb for regular attack, though, unless you go with a Choice Band (150%) instead of Life Orb.  That said, I don't think you can use an Uber Pokemon in UU, though; I assume this is for in-game, where Smogon tiers need not apply.

Incinerate has changed in Gen VI, but not that much - it appears to affect both Gems and Berries, now.  I do not see any indication that it affects other consumable items like Sashes, Power Herbs, or Weakness Policies (which I absolutely adore), though it isn't impossible; I haven't actually seen it used all that much at all. 

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: December 04, 2013, 07:10:45 pm »

Ah, I'm not sure Mega Blaziken is actually the best option for a special set.  A Life Orb boosts the power of attacking moves by 130%, versus the ~20% boost (reduced also by a constant term) of a MegaKen.  It seems to be better than a Life Orb for regular attack, though, unless you go with a Choice Band (150%) instead of Life Orb.  That said, I don't think you can use an Uber Pokemon in UU, though; I assume this is for in-game, where Smogon tiers need not apply.

Incinerate has changed in Gen VI, but not that much - it appears to affect both Gems and Berries, now.  I do not see any indication that it affects other consumable items like Sashes, Power Herbs, or Weakness Policies (which I absolutely adore), though it isn't impossible; I haven't actually seen it used all that much at all.
Yeah i wasnt gonna Mega-Evo this guy, i was just pointing it out for sakes of knowledge.
And the gem thing is a reasonable lead in as to why they'd think it'd burn any trigger-related item.
I do like the move's Animation, especially in triples and horde battles (GOODNESS GRACIOUS FIREBALLS EVERYWHERE) so that was the source of our talk...

Pretty much my Special Blaziken, if i make it, would be Modest, Speed Boost, Life Orb, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Protect and Hidden Power Grass, and would likely either come in from a baton pass of +2 special Atk or be a surprise lead or finale.

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #2369 on: December 04, 2013, 09:42:34 pm »

So is Pikachu the only Pokemon that still says its name or something? And if they made all the other Pokemon just screech or yowl, why does Pikachu still say "Pika pika!"?
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 463