Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651184 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: We Tekken now
« Reply #3750 on: October 16, 2014, 11:52:45 am »

Vibrava: Level 47 Boomburst
Milotic: Level 44 Coil
Gyarados: Level 41 Crunch

Also, tutor moves, though they haven't fully been converted over from what I assume are index or ID values since Smogon's still trying to cross-reference it against past tutor and TM moves.  Prominent notes from the thread - Hyper Voice returns for not only Gardevoir and Sylveon, but also Aurorus for Refrigerate fun.  Slurpuff now also gets Drain Punch for enhanced Unburden/Drum shenanigans against Steel types, or Heal Bell for support.  Diancie and Volcanion both get Earth Power for coverage.  Diggersby now can run all three elemental punches (EDIT: and Superpower!) off its Huge Power-enhanced stats, and Hawlucha gets Thunder and Fire.  Dedenne finally gets something with Signal Beam and Super Fang, the latter of which might almost let it run a Pachi-type set.  Heat Wave makes a return, to the joy of anyone who wished to use Mega Pidgeot.  Focus Punch might also becoming back, and with it any Sub-Punch sets that relied on Gen 3 TMs. 

EDIT: Picked up a better link with more move names.

EDIT 2: Mismagius gets fire coverage, at last.  Lopunny gets Drain Punch.  Stealth Rock returns for the Nido* and Aggron support sets.  Breloom still gets Drain and Focus Punch, as does Mawile.  Electroweb Minun.  Altaria still maintains Hyper Voice, Heat Wave, and all of its support moves.  Furfrou gets Hyper Voice, and not much else.  Meowstic gets Prankster Trick, obviating the need for breeding. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:35:04 pm by Culise »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: October 16, 2014, 12:45:37 pm »

I'm really hoping the Hoenn pokedex gets expanded to XY proportions.

EDIT: According to that list, Caterpie gets Snore but Metapod doesn't. Weird.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 01:57:23 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: October 16, 2014, 02:52:32 pm »

Now everyone gets to be Mega Mewtwo!

I don't understand why Rayquaza gets a significantly shittier version of Brave Bird though. Maybe that "effect code" thing means it'll do something bonus in addition to the damage?

Edit:

Here's some other cool ones:

Cacturne has spikey shield now. So it can survive one turn more before getting nuked from orbit.
Sharpedo has poison fang so it can herp on fairies. I still think losing speed boost isn't worth it. I'm too attached to the speed boost destiny bond.
Flygon gets to be probably the only dragon type with a real bug-type move. Except maybe Goodra's infestation.
Milotic gets coil because of reasons. I can't think of any.

Also Mega Beedrill's speed is pretty insane and it has a really high attack too. Too bad it still dies in one hit and won't be able to switch into anything.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: October 16, 2014, 03:29:00 pm »

Milotic is kinda snakey, so milotic can wrap up an opponent like a constrictor.  I actually tried to use a milotic in X/Y triples for awhile assuming it already knew coil as a way to keep opponent intimidators from switching in and out every turn.   I was surprised that milotic could not learn it.

(yes I know there are better pokes for preventing switchouts while being bulky, I like milotic)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: October 16, 2014, 03:46:19 pm »

I don't understand why Rayquaza gets a significantly shittier version of Brave Bird though. Maybe that "effect code" thing means it'll do something bonus in addition to the damage?
Unless the effect code translates to recoil damage I'm fine with it.

Also Mega Beedrill's speed is pretty insane and it has a really high attack too. Too bad it still dies in one hit and won't be able to switch into anything.
It might make a decent revenge killer?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: October 16, 2014, 04:15:50 pm »

Ya, it's probably going to be like Blaziken.

It has... X-scissor, poison jab, and drill run though. Not exactly the best moves in the world unlike Blaziken's stupid-ass flare blitz + hi jump kick combo. It might have some trouble wallbreaking.

Still, way better than Beedrill normal.

---

By the way, it appears that Gamefreak is putting a little bit of attention into the challenge of the trainers when you fight them a second time around. For example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Look at that shit. That guy now has a better team than 80% of Pokemon players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: October 16, 2014, 04:59:43 pm »

I bet that you jinxed it, and now they all have Splash as their only move. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: October 16, 2014, 06:29:18 pm »

So is Beedril originally meant to be a Wasp or Hornet?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: October 16, 2014, 06:46:31 pm »

A giant japanese one to be precise
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: October 20, 2014, 12:02:03 pm »

Pokemon Showdown has put in all the megavolutions so you can play with them and see how the stats work out.

I've fought a few so far and they're pretty freaking strong. Primal Groudon's fire punch actually hurts now. When I went over his stats to see how to fight him I noticed he didn't actually change all that much. Sure he does more physical damage but for some reason they put so much of the new bonus stat points into his special attack. Because of this his HP, special defense, and speed are all the same. So I guess now he can be a mixed attacker if he really wants to with STAB eruption or fire blast. That thing about desolate land completely stopping water moves really, really sucks though.

I've fought Mega Beedrill. It really hurts but it doesn't hurt hard enough to scare my walls. I think this is mostly because its STABs aren't very good at coverage or damage.

I saw a few others but didn't get to fight them due to them ragequitting or stuff like that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: October 21, 2014, 03:59:04 pm »

ORAS demo download codes should start getting distributed over the next week in North America to people that opted in to receive promotional emails from their  Pokémon Trainer Club account prior to yesterday. If you get one make sure to play the demo since there are items and a mega pokemon that can be transferred over to the main game once it comes out. You get more items as you play adventures on the demo, with the final prize on the 10th adventure being a set of 20 heart scales.

If you live in other countries, or did not sign up, you can see other ways to get codes here.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:01:30 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: October 21, 2014, 07:01:06 pm »

I got the email but the image with my code is not loading. I suspect that Nintendo's servers are getting destroyed so I'm not too worried.

If it doesn't show up by the end of the week I'll probably call them. Nintendo's call support is really good.

Edit: Here's what Nintendo has to say about the missing codes:

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&task=knowledge&questionID=1574

Edit edit: Code get. Pokemon go time.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 463