Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 657989 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: We Tekken now
« Reply #3780 on: November 04, 2014, 07:09:23 pm »

It's really amazing. It makes me miss the Bay12 Pokemon hack that fizzled.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: November 13, 2014, 07:52:54 pm »

whaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok this looks neat
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: November 13, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »

whaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok this looks neat
Note to self: Watch this later when on a device that can youtube.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: November 13, 2014, 08:38:25 pm »

Isn't this partially the premise from one of the movies, too? 
Yep, ping.  I look forward to seeing how they do it.  If X/Y is anything to go by, the special episode will be a bit more interesting than the actual story. 

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: November 13, 2014, 09:25:54 pm »

You know... I'd love Megaregigigas

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: November 13, 2014, 09:29:32 pm »

It'd be lovely, but knowing GameFreak's sense of humour, it'd probably gain the ability Truant.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: November 14, 2014, 12:36:40 am »

Of the many things I was expecting out of the new games, flying into space on the back of Mega Rayquaza really wasn't on the list.

Also, I think they mentioned that between XY and ORAS, you'd be able to catch every single pokemon. So does this mean Mew and Shaymin and other legendaries are going to be in too?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: November 14, 2014, 01:19:40 am »

I'm pretty sure they mentioned capturing all non-event exclusive Pokemon. Which would exclude those two, sadly.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: November 17, 2014, 01:32:07 pm »

Alright guys. ORAS comes out on Friday.

Some more reports of the megaevolutions I've fought.

1. Mega Sceptile is basically a grass version of Mega Blaziken. It has STAB outrage so just think of it as a super Garchomp except grass / dragon. I think it's kinda derpy and dies too easily, but your experience might differ.
2. Mega Swampert is donkeyballs tanky. The one I fought tanked a 3x boosted STAB sucker punch with 30% hp to spare. That's pretty scary.
3. Mega Steelix is just the same thing as Steelix. Aka, don't use physical attacks against it, it dies to one fireblast.
4. Mega Glalie is meh, but it has the refrigerate return which is pretty nice.
5. Mega Diancie is pretty strong. Very hard to kill.
6. Mega Rayquaza is broken.
7. Mega Salamence is broken.
8. Mega Groudon is actually really scary. Because his physical defense is so high, you really can only deal with him with special attacks. However, he makes water moves unusable so basically you're limited to ground moves. Literally only ground special attack moves (aka earth power) will scare him. He has no other weaknesses. Earthquake? He just tanks it no big deal. Don't mess with him, it's pretty brutal.
9. Mega Kyougre is just like regular Kyougre except stronger. However, his new ability isn't as good as Groudon's as he never had a problem with fire moves to begin with.
10. Mega Camerupt sucks. He basically must have rock polish to function or he's worthless.
11. Mega Slowbrow sucks. His tankiness is not worth losing regenerator. Also no leftovers makes him really garbage.
12. Mega Sharpedo is a scary suicide pokemon. He usually spends the first turn boosting his speed. Then he starts attacking everything with a billion damage until he dies.
13. Mega Altaria is meh Its attacks are kinda pathetic with no real damage. It's quite tanky but it's not going to be able to do anything.
14. Mega Lopunny is really strong. STAB high jump kick with super base damage and super base speed. Also STAB return. It can fight everything.
15. Mega Gallade is pretty okay. It actually gets some pretty decent speed and combined with its tankiness to special attacks it can wreck a lot of damage.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: November 17, 2014, 03:32:19 pm »

It'd be lovely, but knowing GameFreak's sense of humour, it'd probably gain the ability Truant.
That would probably be an improvement.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: November 18, 2014, 01:10:12 pm »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/18/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-one-coolest-new-features-yet/

Basically, with the DexNav, the more you encounter a pokemon, the easier it gets to find the pokemon with the skills and IVs that you want.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: November 18, 2014, 01:33:51 pm »

So, as a distraction from ORAS and all of the leaks which may or may not actually be real, I've had a craving for a tournament. Not a normal one, but rather the Pokemon Rivals tournament that Akroma and Culise ran a while ago (almost a full year ago... yeesh). Now, there were problems with it last time, most of which centered around how complicated it all became, so I have a thread over in Play With Your Buddies that I'll be using as a sort of devlog/brainstorming thread to see if we can polish it up and make it easier to run and to take part in. If you're interested, either in the tournament or in giving input on what's good/bad, pop on over.

As a copy/paste, so people have an idea of what this is all about without reading the manual: The general idea is that the tournament mimics a playthrough of the games. You start at a low level with one unevolved Pokemon and no EVs. As you travel, you "catch" pokemon based on the routes you choose to travel down, fight gym leaders, gather items for your Pokemon to wield and, hopefully obviously, battle the other participants. There were multiple stages of the tournament, one for each town, and watching the teams develop organically was really awesome.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: November 19, 2014, 08:17:49 pm »

So er leakers are reporting that Mega Rayquaza doesn't need a Mega Stone and can hold items as a result. If this is true then uh wow
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: November 19, 2014, 08:21:58 pm »

Ah.

I forgot to mention something today regarding the American/Japanese release, which is conviniently occuring in three days (assuming a midnight release):

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: November 19, 2014, 08:24:08 pm »

...uh I'm sorry to tell you this, but theres actually only about 28 hours remaining. Give or take a few to account for timeones. Midnight release events are a thing, specially since Smash WiiU is coming out the same day. I'm gonna head to my local gamestop tomorrow night for the release event.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:26:16 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 463