00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 237565 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2020, 06:57:08 pm »

I vote for signing it.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2020, 07:03:11 pm »

pension? Healthcare? Yes! What about DENTAL PLAN?
let’s sign
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2020, 07:10:45 pm »

We've already read the contract:

Quote from: Contract
She pulls a paper from a nearby book, pushing it over to you.  Its a relatively simple contract, however deeply crouched in linguistic backflips it might be. You belong to the Scholars. In return, and commensurate with your rank within the organization, you will be provided with room, board, and food. After twenty-five years, you will be allowed to open a private enterprise or a new church, freed from your bonds, but still bound to secrecy about anything you've learned. You will be allowed to teach a certain number of individuals your skills. The legal jargon makes your head buzz worse than usual when you read it.

Failure to comply with a direct order, yadda yadda, may result in a punishment depending on the severity of the offense, up to execution. Jail time is also listed, as is being 'exiled from the blessing of the SEED.'

Ach, my mistake! Still, all seems in order.

Sign.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2020, 09:10:46 pm »

Sign with Phoebe Gainer

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2020, 09:48:30 pm »

You sign on the barred line. The contract is gently separated from a copy-sheet underneath and passed over to you. You slip it into your duster, looking back up at Mother Nicole as she passes over another paper after signing it.

I, Mother Nicole of SEED's Holy Steel No' 09, request that Pheobe Gainer is trained as both an Apprentice of SEED, and as a Representative of SEED's Holy Steel No' 09, as per Official Requirements for Increased Independence and Vassalization of Local Warlords as Businessmen. But also with respect to Cultural Demands and Allowances, permitting Pheobe Gainer to carry a firearm and local dress outfit, marked with the Brotherhood Symbol.

She is an outstanding youth, already understanding the basics of the Holy Tongue to the extent of a third level Brother. Reaction times, physical strength, healthiness to the level of a third level Crusader, and previous combat experience of up to two years.

Besides which, Pheobe Gainer is my grand-daughter, a respectable ward for SEED to possess to ensure continued compliance of all with his holy work.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter,
Mother Nicole Gainer, His Twelfth Holy Crusader, Chief Officer of SEED's Holy Steel No' 09,  and Mother of Seed's Holy Steel No' 09 Church of Knowledge

"This one too, darling."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2020, 09:57:49 pm »

Ah, so that’s why you needed gainer
Sign this one too
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2020, 10:12:30 pm »

She's really taken a shine to us.  We were lucky to find her, though the part about the warlord is a bit odd.

Sign it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2020, 10:25:24 pm »

She's really taken a shine to us.  We were lucky to find her, though the part about the warlord is a bit odd.

Sign it.
+1 it’s talking about increased independence and the possibility of vassalling local warlords, this may or may not make it easier to kill the warlord’s son, if he is a vassal of us, we could tax him to the point where he will starve, if we are his vassals, he may underestimate our strength
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 10:28:53 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2020, 10:36:27 pm »

After you sign, she nods to you and then hands you a few more miscellaneous documents. One after the other, you sign, as many of them are harmless or merely allowing yourself to be treated. Your wrist is sore by the end of it, and she gives you a nod. She reaches for the safe, drawing out a pistol in a holster, which she passes your way. It is a standard las-gun, with 250 shots before needing a refill. It gleams brand new.

"And here's this for you, sweetie." She offers cold kindness, the informal nickname sounding like venom in her mouth. "Now, here's what I want you do in the academy. Show off your physical abilities and gather a clique, a group; of boys and girls who respect you. Recruit from anywhere, but never tell them the full truth. Keep an eye out for opportunities concerning No' 09's interests. If you think you've found one, send me mail about it. Don't dishonor me, or call me anything but my title or grandmother."

"You're smart, but translations aren't your forte, I can tell." She finishes, smiling at you with a wolf's grin. "Now, tell me about your life so I can fit it all together."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2020, 10:51:58 pm »

She brings us in to bring others in. Did we just enter a combat themed MLM?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:23:57 am by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2020, 11:07:47 pm »

"I know this sounds strange, grandmother, but I truly don't remember.  There are some things I can recall, like the Holy Tongue, but the majority of my past is just... blank.  I think I suffered some sort of injury.  I hope to regain my memories soon, and when I do, you'll be the first one I tell."

"Here's what I do know, however: I am capable, and I will serve you well."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 11:28:06 pm by ZBridges »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2020, 11:18:01 pm »

Show the wound and explain about the doctor and the men who killed him.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2020, 11:56:49 pm »

"I know this sounds strange, grandmother, but I truly don't remember.  There are some things I can recall, like the Holy Tongue, but the majority of my past is just... blank.  I think I suffered some sort of injury."

Say this

do this

"I hope to regain my memories soon, and when I do, you'll be the first one I tell."

"Here's what I do know, however: I am capable, and I will serve you well."[/b]

and explain this.

Do not bring up the doctor's story of how he found us-- we don't need Mother Nicole knowing we "fell out of the sky". So too, don't bring up the two guys that attacked us back there unless we must-- and if we must, definitely don't go into the details of the fight. "We incinerated them with the power of our fury" is another thing that'd be better kept to ourselves.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2020, 12:25:57 am »

"I know this sounds strange, grandmother, but I truly don't remember.  There are some things I can recall, like the Holy Tongue, but the majority of my past is just... blank.  I think I suffered some sort of injury."

Say this

do this

"I hope to regain my memories soon, and when I do, you'll be the first one I tell."

"Here's what I do know, however: I am capable, and I will serve you well."[/b]

and explain this.

Do not bring up the doctor's story of how he found us-- we don't need Mother Nicole knowing we "fell out of the sky". So too, don't bring up the two guys that attacked us back there unless we must-- and if we must, definitely don't go into the details of the fight. "We incinerated them with the power of our fury" is another thing that'd be better kept to ourselves.

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2020, 01:19:52 am »

[5] "I know this is strange, grandmother, but I truly don't remember. There are some things I can recall, like the holy tongue, but the majority of my past is just...blank. I suffered some head injury."

You lift your shirt over your side, reveal the old bandages that wrap around your abdomen, coated in sweat and grime. For the first time, you realize that you have a dull ache there, not feeling the pain anymore.

"A man named Doc Mitchell saved me, but he was killed that night by a bandit. I killed the man with Doc Mitchell's gun, but the shotgun caused a house fire, and Doc Mitchell's house burned down."

"Hopefully, I can regain my memories. When I do, you'll be the first one I tell." You duck your head in a slight, respectful bow, [20], but notice something off. Mother Nicole has both her hands under the table. Her eyes are cold and calculating in an instant, openly hostile.

"Did Doc Mitchell tell you how he found you?" She asks, watching you intently.

[17] "No."

[7+2] She visibly relaxes, her expression hidden once more. "A drunk said you fell out of the sky."

[6] "So let's do this. You don't tell anyone anything about my plans, and I don't tell anyone about you being a [demon]. Sound fair?"

[17] You hesitate, eyes widening as you look at Mother Nicole. Beneath her desk, there's the faintest of sounds, a reactor warming up.

[20] "Yes, Mother Nicole." It is all you can manage to stutter out those three words. She relaxes, giving the nod, the reactor of whatever firearm she has aimed at your lower body powers down.

"If there's an impulse for you to harm or maim somebody, don't act on it unless they truly deserve it. If there are voices in your head, do not listen. If you have an urge to sneeze or cough on a group of people, do not do it. Do you understand? If you break any of these, and I find out, I'll kill you myself."

"Yes, Mother Nicole."

"Good. Good. Tell people you have amnesia, remembering nothing but for your dear old gran. You stumbled in, half delirious from exhaustion and dehydration. I'll send you letters describing your family to you. Dismissed."

You rise, hesitating to turn your back. But, you do anyway. Mother Nicole had plenty of opportunities, yet she didn't. That's a form of trust.

Shutting the door to the apprentice rooms, you find your cot from the night before and slump into it. Sleep comes quickly.

--

[1/1d2]

You run, and run, and run, skidding down metal corridors that look like they want to devour you. Pain burns through your Body, a massive gash across one shoulder, the skin turning gray around the wound.

But you run as fast as your little legs can take you.

Not fast enough. You fall to the floor, a sudden, heavy weight pressing down on your legs. Snip.

It stands now on your leg. Blood booms outward, staining the corridor again.

A tentacle presses into your back, slicing through your flesh like a hot razor into butter. Its jaws wrap around your abdomen--

[20]

Fire erupts down the hallway, sending the creature flying with the smell of burning bug. The flames that lick at it are multi-hued.

He turns you over, lifting you into his arms and rushing down the hallway.

"Medic! Medic! Its Alphira!"

--

When Eric shakes you awake, you feel incredibly well-rested. "Come on, Pheobe. You're going to be late." You notice that your duster is gone, replaced by a clean, brand new version, adorned with the symbol of the Holy Seed. Beneath it, you realize, is an [equation, involving carbon and iron, with a nine beside it]  A gun in its holster, you know, sits within. A newly folded, clean grey shirt, all sharp angles, a grey pair of formal pants, and a pair of new boots, trimmed with fur, all sit atop it. A pair of tight leather gloves and a hat sit nearby.

You nod to Eric, giving a glance to your clothes and him. He blinks, and then makes his exit while you change.

Inside is a note, "I'll keep the other duster for you. Love Grandma."

You rise, heading out into the lunchroom to grab a bowl of grain-meal and start your day.

Its mid-afternoon when your medical check is complete. The Sister Doctor treated you efficiently, removing your stitches and replacing your bandage. She tells you that your wound will heal within another week. You, more experienced with your Body, suspect a day or two.
She prescribes you an antibiotic, which you begin to take.

You are given time to straighten your uniform and say goodbye to loved ones or family. Eric's well-dressed father is here, gently patting him on the head, by his side is a young woman who continually smiles at Eric. Across from them is a tall girl, with blond hair and dark clothing, slouching between two massive bodyguards.

A blond man approaches them, giving the young girl a chaste hug and a genuine smile. [13] You focus, however, on the gun jammed into the belt of his duster. 'For Polly' is engraved on the barrel in gold trim. Ornate gold leaves coil into vicious thorns.

A miner sees off his son, beaming happily. There are others, but the variations are minute. No one comes for you-- or so you think until you feel Mother Nicole fussing with the back of your duster. You flinch, and she smacks you upside the head. "Sit still, brat; you messed up the seam."

"Be safe. A friend of mine will check in on you when you land. His name is Tyler Hop. I trained him myself. He'll be your contact." She murmurs, softly, "If anything is too juicy for mail, or you think it is, send it through him."

When she finishes, she leaves, then you trudge onto the landing pad, just as a ship touches down — a large passenger hover-craft, filled with teens your age or younger. A bubbling sick feeling rises within you, sense of hopelessness that you tamp down.

You take a seat, and Eric sits beside you, smiling dopily. You watch as the ground lifts away, the village following suit, and then you're soaring north, over the mountains. Farmland stretches out beneath you, and for the first time, you feel a little more at ease, being this far up, within these confines of a ship.

How do you approach the Academy? What are your goals going to be?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 01:37:44 am by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 381