Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 124231 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #330 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:02 am »

Ford, so what's your proposed team? You mention that NQT is the third one and contemplate sending Tiruin (if you do, I'll downvote it, by the way), but who's the first? I suggest sending Toony, LS and NQT as the guys whose being town is our only hope of having the most remote of possibilities of winning this (because if LS is scum, then we have not a single lead and only two failed missions to show off as progress, and if he's town and Nerjin is scum (because how can he not be, really) that automatically clears TM and NQT). For the fourth member, I would propose myself, since I know I am town, but on the other hand I have no solid proof of the fact to an outside observer, so... hell, just pick me. You know I wouldn't lie about my alignment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 26, 2013, 10:56:25 am »

contemplate sending Tiruin (if you do, I'll downvote it, by the way), but who's the first? I suggest sending Toony, LS and NQT as the guys whose being town is our only hope of having the most remote of possibilities of winning this (because if LS is scum, then we have not a single lead and only two failed missions to show off as progress, and if he's town and Nerjin is scum (because how can he not be, really) that automatically clears TM and NQT).
Oh come on Dar. You've been wavering on your read on me and only now settle on scum?

Tsk tsk.

If LS is scum, then who else was it in the third group but ZU? How was he cleared, eh? If LS is scum, then that in itself is a big lead.

Nerjin? How are you even sure he is scum but just dissuading Ford by his previous antics. You seem to be a reasonable guy (you know, now) so mind telling us all why or how you got to those conclusions?

Especially the clearing.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 26, 2013, 11:03:51 am »

Oh come on Dar. You've been wavering on your read on me and only now settle on scum?
I would say "I'm sorry, what?", but the shitfuck that happens to be you doesn't deserve a 'sorry'.

My opinion of you started rapidly plummeting beginning with #204 and was pretty solidly at the very bottom of my scummeter by the time of #232, whence you did nothing to move it. I seriously have no idea where you got the 'wavering read' from. Now shut up and die, scum. Or rather, considering this game has no deaths, shut up and get excluded from teams, scum.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 26, 2013, 11:16:16 am »

Ah, now there is where you slip.

I stated "I believe Toaster is a spy." You seem to have taken that in full face value and twisted my words into a definitive. Why so?

I mean, yeah you're the king of vulgarity - no doubt about that - but I couldn't believe how you missed such a simple statement there. Surely its a mistake, right?

And sure, I'd shut up. When this game is done and over.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 26, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »

Fair enough, I'll plan to have a team in by this evening, then.

And never mind about the doctor snafu. I found what I needed in my Wednesday bin (what the heck?).

PPE: Dariush & Tiruin & Dariush & Tiruin. Spoilered the above to save space.

notquitethere: Say something. I'm sure you must have something to say by now.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 26, 2013, 03:18:59 pm »

what does Dorner have to do with any of this

That said I think NQT is a good person to send on the mission, mainly due to process of elimination.

Define a rebel PM.
A role PM belonging to a rebel aligned player.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 26, 2013, 03:49:27 pm »

@Captain Ford:
If you're going to argue about NQT being aggravated with the game Nerjin also speaks his grievance here as well.  Nerjin also says a bit earlier to not pick him or NQT, which is strange however Nerjin has had a defeatist attitude this entire game much to my annoyance (it's hard to get town-reads on guys who don't feel confident, you know?)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 26, 2013, 05:37:22 pm »

Because you grill me quite a bit about not role-claiming town. From there it was downhill... So why should I keep trying if it's THAT easy to get seen as scum? Either way can you honestly say that you expect us to win at this point? It's essentially impossible.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 26, 2013, 06:21:11 pm »

Dariush: Sorry, I missed your question. I thought I was clear, but I currently only have three members picked out:
Captain Ford
ToonyMan
NQT

And I'm still looking for a fourth.

But if NQT doesn't post soon ... I don't like it when I back players up and they disappear on me. It's never a good sign.

Nerjin: That's pathetic.

First of all, I want to realize that if mission 2 had been a success, the game would essentially have been over. The game is structured in such a way that the chances of winning the first two mission are dismal.

This game depends on the rebels being smart and being able to rethink and reassess their reads without needing roleflips to tell them when they're wrong. It takes more effort than a mafia game, but it's not impossible.

Foremost, it means being willing to give players a second chance. And so far, everyone's been willing to do it.

And why the hell didn't you back me up when I tried to back you up? The only one you have to blame for your current situation is yourself.

ToonyMan: Do you think Nerjin might be faking it? It's hard to see a spy being dejected like that when his team is winning. I'm thinking about nominating him for the fourth position.

...ironically, that's pretty much exactly the team that Tiruin first chose. Damn. I wish we had gone with that team.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 26, 2013, 06:31:34 pm »

Been out all day- will post soon  :)

Pfp

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 26, 2013, 06:39:10 pm »

Man theres probably a spy among Nerjin and NQT. I dunno.

If I were you, I would choose:
Ford
Toony
ZU
Toaster/Dariush
I'm leaning Dariush but whatever.

I'm basing this team on that Nerjin, NQT, LS, and Tiruin are scummy.

Toony: So do you think Nerjin is a spy or not? Cause you've been dead sure he was early on, then not sure at all now, and pretty sure NQT was scummier earlier.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 26, 2013, 07:25:00 pm »

what does Dorner have to do with any of this
I read his manifesto, and I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth about what happened within the LAPD. He had a martyr complex, and he was the product of what was done to him.

So that's my read on Chris Dorner. The point was that people who are wrongfully accused are more likely to take dramatic moves like what NQT did. When people ruin their own lives, they commit suicide. When people's lives are ruined by others, they commit homicide. NQT has been lashing out at other people, whereas Nerjin has been simply defeatist.

I guess that basically means that Nerjin's a spy and NQT's a rebel. Huh. I didn't intend for that to involve Nerjin at all, but it makes sense.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 26, 2013, 07:31:27 pm »

EBWOP: In any case, Dorner's not relevant to the game. I don't want to derail the thread with that. There's another place for that discussion.

It's also possible he was delusional. Psychology get more complicated when you consider that people might be lying to themselves, but I don't think this game has gone that far.

In any case, the psychoanalysis is stupid. I don't know enough to apply psychology like that and I take it back.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 26, 2013, 07:38:54 pm »

ToonyMan: Do you think Nerjin might be faking it? It's hard to see a spy being dejected like that when his team is winning. I'm thinking about nominating him for the fourth position.

...ironically, that's pretty much exactly the team that Tiruin first chose. Damn. I wish we had gone with that team.

Your team won't pass. Not with me on it. Trust me, find a player the others actually trust. All the good intentions in the world won't help if you're team doesn't pass.

Ford
Toony
ZU
Toaster/Dariush

I like this set up except remove Toony and put Toaster and Dariush.

For what it's worth. I just don't trust Toony too much.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 26, 2013, 09:27:25 pm »

Ford
Toonyman, on my honour as a scholar and a gentleman, I am not a spy. May my name be forever vilified and cursed and untrusted on this mafia forum if I should be found to be lying now. Is there any other person here that would stake their honour on this matter?
I'll take that. I wouldn't make a play like this, but I know you're the kind of fool that would. And I'm pretty certain you wouldn't play this card if you were already on the verge of winning.

I was on the verge of recommending you for this mission already, on the basis that you haven't been faking your lack of knowledge about the game. Your latest post is just the capstone for me.
Thanks for seeing clearly on this point. I think our chances are slim, but I know that the best thing I can do for the game as a rebel is to be on the next team.

Of course, if you are lying, then next game the gloves are really coming off.
This is totally fair. You won't regret this!

Nerjin
Y'know what? Do whatever you want Ford. If you're really willing to risk the entire game because someone said "I pinky swear" than go right ahead.
It's more than that Nerjin. I'm being honest and forthright in a way that a spy cannot afford to be. Do I see you being able to make such a claim? You're just digging yourself deeper buddy.

Toaster
Toonyman, on my honour as a scholar and a gentleman, I am not a spy. May my name be forever vilified and cursed and untrusted on this mafia forum if I should be found to be lying now. Is there any other person here that would stake their honour on this matter?
Nobody No one with sense cares.
I care and that's what matters here. I'm staking my reliability as a player in general on this point. It doesn't matter to me whether other people say they care about trustworthiness- I care.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 67