Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 169158 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #780 on: September 17, 2014, 05:33:11 pm »

notquitethere: I have a case, but given how late in the day it is I'm going to wait until tomorrow, to give me more time to think on it and gather evidence.
UI and Mastahcheese: What bugs me is that, while you can see the obvious WIFOM in the actions of the (likely) scum team vote wiping, you're missing that I have no more knowledge on the subject than you do.  It's entirely possible (though highly unlikely) that a townie did it because they did not want me lynched and then, upon seeing people's reactions to the vote fuckery, wisely decided to keep their mouth shut.  I'm as perplexed as you are, but I think that currently we should get rid of the only known confirmed badguy.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 17, 2014, 05:47:53 pm »

Everyone, if you submitted more than two roles can you please claim what they were. It'd be best to have at least a rough idea of what we're dealing with here.
'

I can't remember all the specifics, but I submitted the first 20-30 elements on the periodic table. Also, a bunch of player roles and some other stuff that I forget. I'll PM flabort for a copy to see if I can see them again (Is there an option to save your PMs?).

Player (MINECRAFT)

Thanks for the wikipage (at least, it came as one); it came with no inherent powers, though, so I was annoyed with it for a while.

I wonder just how many people I'm making bulletproof.

See above.

Typing this out is a pain.
@Persus: Why frame him if he's going to die anyway? That makes no sense to me. That's a bad idea because then if he's still lynched by being framed, his flip should reveal that didn't have the capability. Afterall, he said he's the one that messes with flips (I think) so him dying would likely be a step to stopping that.

Who is the person who messes with flips again? That sounds like a really anti-town role, since it hides a lot of information.

TheDarkStar, why is Jack a good target?

IDK; I never voted for him. If you look at the vote history, you'll see that the vote popped into existence just after the vote clearing. However, he has been lurking iirc, so there is something against him.

PPE:
4maskwolf: Why would the scum clear the votes if the day is about to be over anyway? If they wanted you dead, they would obviously leave the votes as they were and let you die. Only someone who wanted you to stay alive would do it. If, as you think, scum cleared it, they must be on your side.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 17, 2014, 06:07:49 pm »

It's entirely possible they want me alive. It's also entirely possible that they are WIFOM'ing the shit out of you. Also, that vote clear could have happened at any time during the RL day, since Flabort didn't post until late day after having been offline since the morning. The tide of voting that day was turning against Urist Imiknorris, IIRC, and they may have vote cleared in order to save him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 17, 2014, 06:13:43 pm »

Unvote all.

Unvote all

Though I had no idea there was someone akin to me in this game given my alignment and my abilities present.
HOLD THE PHONE. How did I not spot Tiruin claiming she wasn't town? If you're town, then other people are akin to you in alignment. Tiruin said she had no idea anyone else was akin to her in alignment. Tiruin claimed third party here! We just didn't spot it because no one bothers trying to unpick all the riddles that Tiruin speaks in.
...Are you being an idiot or what -_-
Does town know other town's alignment and who they are?
Dear gods I was about to unvote you and place my votes for whoever is voting 4mask, as they've voting him without substantial reason.
YOU ARE BLIND.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 17, 2014, 06:15:21 pm »

EBWOP
THE PROCESS IS A LIE. DEMOCRAZY! DEMOCRAZY!
ALSO NEGATIVITY.
You seem to be adamantly opposed to a UI lynch and you don't seem to want a 4maskwolf lynch either. Who do you want lynched then, NQT?

Anyone among the fellowship that is the scummiest.
NQT, for one, has a knack of tripping that line in this game by his antics.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 17, 2014, 06:22:21 pm »

Tiruin
Unvote all.

Unvote all

Though I had no idea there was someone akin to me in this game given my alignment and my abilities present.
HOLD THE PHONE. How did I not spot Tiruin claiming she wasn't town? If you're town, then other people are akin to you in alignment. Tiruin said she had no idea anyone else was akin to her in alignment. Tiruin claimed third party here! We just didn't spot it because no one bothers trying to unpick all the riddles that Tiruin speaks in.
Dear gods I was about to unvote you and place my votes for whoever is voting 4mask, as they've voting him without substantial reason.
YOU ARE BLIND.
No, I don't buy it. Why would you say there wasn't anyone else akin to you if you were town. A town Tiruin would know who her town-mates were but she'd at least know there were other players out there that were akin to her. Face it T, as Shakespeare says, you're hoisted by your own petard. And how in blue blazes does me questioning you make a case against me? The OMGUS is strong in this one!

(Disclaimer: I'm not being mean, I think you're amazing etc., I just also think you might have revealed yourself to be 3rd party)

4mask, if you didn't save yourself it was probably TolyK or Varee as they have the most incentive to keep you alive given your claimed wincon.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 17, 2014, 06:44:31 pm »

I... Kinda think you're looking into it a bit farther than it warrants.

I read what she wrote as "It's crazy someone is so similar to me without being a brother or something similar that links us together."

Have you considered that viewpoint?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 17, 2014, 06:45:38 pm »

Tiruin
Unvote all.

Unvote all

YOU ARE BLIND.
No, I don't buy it. Why would you say there wasn't anyone else akin to you if you were town. A town Tiruin would know who her town-mates were but she'd at least know there were other players out there that were akin to her. Face it T, as Shakespeare says, you're hoisted by your own petard. And how in blue blazes does me questioning you make a case against me? The OMGUS is strong in this one!

(Disclaimer: I'm not being mean, I think you're amazing etc., I just also think you might have revealed yourself to be 3rd party)
...I'm focusing my attention fully on the orange part.
...Tell me HOW I'd know who else was town? You do know that this isn't what 'town' means, and more akin to 'mafia' right?
I didn't claim non-town. Your interpretation leads you to that instance. :v
THIS IS NEGATIVITY WAIVED IN THE FACE OF OTHER WORDS.
Note in question--the tinytext. It's an interpretation of semantics. Let me reword it.
(Also that isn't an OMGUS :v Just me tripping over your logic system to somewhat in a way see you scummy, due to the 'realization' near day, and the lack of people extending//adding time, influencing in a way, a snap-judgement to those who react to such and lacking time to discuss it)
This is in the context of speaking to MC
    Though I had no idea there was someone akin to me in this game, given my alignment and my abilities present.
Context lies that it may be interpreted as third-party, or town, in the same measure, attaching all words post-comma to the orange portion.

PPE: Yes. Exactly. Yeeeeeessssssss.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 17, 2014, 06:49:07 pm »

Flabort: Clarify rule pink please.
Pink votes are non-players.
Non-players have no powers that give them multiple votes, so only have 1 each.
Players with 1 vote simply change votes if they vote twice in the same post.
Therefore two or more pink votes in a post is a vote and a ghost vote, plus extraneous votes that don't matter.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 17, 2014, 06:50:32 pm »

EBWOP:
...MC, just curious for the longest time. On the non-voting, its a thing with 'empowerment'? Just openly wondering here on hints and notes I doubt anyone else would configure other than the presence of a massclaim.

OH NOW I'VE TO ADD THE NEGATIVITY.

Flabort: Clarify rule pink please.
Pink votes are non-players.
Non-players have no powers that give them multiple votes, so only have 1 each.
Players with 1 vote simply change votes if they vote twice in the same post.
Therefore two or more pink votes in a post is a vote and a ghost vote, plus extraneous votes that don't matter.
Man, you must be swamped with all those votes moving a-
Oh.
...So the last one in pink is their actual vote -_-
*begins taking down notes because it seems the NON PLAYERS like to be hilarious :I*
I'm turning grumpy. Hmph.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 17, 2014, 06:51:40 pm »

JackAT
Toaster
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 17, 2014, 06:53:52 pm »

Hey guys, I just went to Sir Flabort and asked if I will know if I'm targeted. (Since I have an auto that non of my things work until I'm targeted.) He said yes, so I suggest you guys vote mastahcheese I think it is, because I've not received anything from flabort that says I'm targeted and can use my actions.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 17, 2014, 06:57:09 pm »

mastahcheese
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 17, 2014, 06:58:39 pm »

Tiruin
Sorry, typo, I meant "wouldn't know who her town mates were". I'm town, I know there are other town players that are akin to me even though I don't know who they are. If I was working alone I would be very surprised to find someone akin to me in alignment. Do you see where my suspicions come in now? Also, you still don't have a case against me.

Hey guys, I just went to Sir Flabort and asked if I will know if I'm targeted. (Since I have an auto that non of my things work until I'm targeted.) He said yes, so I suggest you guys vote mastahcheese I think it is, because I've not received anything from flabort that says I'm targeted and can use my actions.
OOH excellent shout.

CHEESE, you're a liar. First you claim an inspect on me. Then you claim it's a RANDOM inspect. And then you claim it's an INFALLIBLE inspect. And you don't want to say who you inspected for ages. And now it turns out you lied about the target! If I had a vote I'd be voting you!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 17, 2014, 07:02:39 pm »

Tiruin
Sorry, typo, I meant "wouldn't know who her town mates were". I'm town, I know there are other town players that are akin to me even though I don't know who they are. If I was working alone I would be very surprised to find someone akin to me in alignment. Do you see where my suspicions come in now? Also, you still don't have a case against me.
Err, that's still the same thingy :\

A town Tiruin wouldn't know who her town-mates were.
...And this can be wholly placed in the statement of:

Though I had no idea there was someone akin to me in this game, given my alignment and my abilities present.

"Akin", pertaining to the abilities and such--with the many instances I've been acting under assumption of, mirror MC.
Better?
SEMANTICS IS A CRUEL MISTRESS. AND I'M LOVING HER EVERY DAY PLATONICALLY. YAY.

Strange. In what explicit way will you know if you're targeted?
Ask again under grounds that he action is random and not directly done by the person (ie Redirects, too).

Because if you're taking down MC in that method, y'all should as well take me down first.

CHEESE, you're a liar. First you claim an inspect on me. Then you claim it's a RANDOM inspect. And then you claim it's an INFALLIBLE inspect. And you don't want to say who you inspected for ages. And now it turns out you lied about the target! If I had a vote I'd be voting you!
Que? You?
Where was that mentioned?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 78