Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 170387 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #750 on: September 17, 2014, 10:10:37 am »

And that anyone with a redirect has incentive to redirect their suspects to, although they could do that to me as well (I'd prefer TolyK though).
Could you explain?
Imagine you're a townie, and you can redirect. You suspect someone of being mafia. If you wanted to actually do something about that suspicion during the night, you could redirect the suspect to either myself or TolyK to limit the damage they'd do to the town by killing, as either option yields a net loss of 0 town players.

mastahcheese: As far as I can tell, the only people who would gain from 4mask's survival would be a small scumteam that has figured out that they're backed up by a brother to scum and a brother-ally, and as such want to keep him around. Or maybe that's just what they want us to think. Or maybe they want us to think that that's what they want us to think.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 17, 2014, 10:16:02 am »

Alright, guys, let's get to work.

Whatever that action was probably required a day action.
Can we confirm anyone to have performed a day action already, and therefore is less likely to be capable of having done it? (Sans prolific, or free actions)

Also, could someone give me a recap of what 4mask claimed to be, and other people's claims?
(I'd do it myself, but I'm on my phone, and I most likely won't be able to be on for most of today, and I'll likely miss the day end.)

NQT: This stuff is your specialty, I expected you to start compiling this shit already. Stop focusing on lynchers, get some coffee, and help figure out the shitlord that's fucking with us.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 17, 2014, 10:17:50 am »

Urist
mastahcheese: As far as I can tell, the only people who would gain from 4mask's survival would be a small scumteam that has figured out that they're backed up by a brother to scum and a brother-ally, and as such want to keep him around. Or maybe that's just what they want us to think. Or maybe they want us to think that that's what they want us to think.
That's delving into WIFOM a tad earlier than I like, but yes, there is that possibility.
The Derail Thread

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 17, 2014, 10:20:06 am »

Yeah, all the explanations I could think of were WIFOM, so I just went with the one I already had.

Maybe WIFOM is the explanation.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 17, 2014, 10:25:50 am »

YO EREBODY: Does it not bother anyone else that we've all drawn knives to point in people's throats when WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHO DID THE THING WE'RE ARGUING OVER?

Obviously, they aren't going to admit it bacause that would make them a target.
4Mask was well on his way to the chopping block, who stands to gain from him not dying? If the person who did it would benifit from his death, they wouldn't have done it, for rather obvious reasons.
So someone is aware that him dying would be a detriment to said person. So who would both (1) stand to gain from his survival (2) Know that they stand to gain from his survival, and (3) Stand to gain in such a way that admitting this reason would be a bad idea.
I mean, unless 4mask did it, but I kinda have a feeling he didn't.
Maybe someone did it to try and frame 4maskwolf.

And to continue on 4mask's tangent, let's all jump and poke with pointy utensils primarily used in dining, the lyncher.
Because he's anti town. ::)
SHORT TERM GOALS EQUAL VICTORY! EVERYONE CHARGE!
Well, unless you want to lynch 4maskwolf, there's not much of an alternative. And what's wrong with short-term goals anyway?

And that anyone with a redirect has incentive to redirect their suspects to, although they could do that to me as well (I'd prefer TolyK though).
Could you explain?
Imagine you're a townie, and you can redirect. You suspect someone of being mafia. If you wanted to actually do something about that suspicion during the night, you could redirect the suspect to either myself or TolyK to limit the damage they'd do to the town by killing, as either option yields a net loss of 0 town players.
Or you could redirect them to themselves.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 17, 2014, 10:32:17 am »

Typing this out is a pain.
@Persus: Why frame him if he's going to die anyway? That makes no sense to me. That's a bad idea because then if he's still lynched by being framed, his flip should reveal that didn't have the capability. Afterall, he said he's the one that messes with flips (I think) so him dying would likely be a step to stopping that.
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 17, 2014, 10:34:19 am »

NQT: This stuff is your specialty, I expected you to start compiling this shit already. Stop focusing on lynchers, get some coffee, and help figure out the shitlord that's fucking with us.
Yeah, you're right. Town lose a lot of games simply by not paying enough. There's 40 pages to go through, but I best start now. While I'm at it...

Everyone, if you submitted more than two roles can you please claim what they were. It'd be best to have at least a rough idea of what we're dealing with here.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 17, 2014, 10:36:26 am »

38 pages of D1, and almost none of it coherent scumhunting. Bluh. Sorry it's another short post, but I don't  have too much time.

NQT:
Sheep, If you could vote who'd you be voting for right now?
I'm on the fence between UI and TheDarkStar. UI because D1 is probably the best time to lynch a claimed anti-town(especially this D1 - ugh), and you bring up a good point here.

TDS's posts have been giving me a pretty strong gut feeling of scum, but I haven't been able to pin it down yet.

4mask:
The vote fuckery, the nightkill reduction, the inspection irritation, and the role flip silliness all end when I die.

TolyK: I'll ask Flabort about the ones that don't explicitly say they end on death, but since some of my autos say "while you are alive" I think that I'll still have my absurd number of votes while dead, since that doesn't specify.

I'll check with Flabort, and if that's the case, then I will willingly offer myself up for lynching, because it gets rid of all the negatives of having me around while maintaining most of the upsides.

Also, to everyone voting me or who has voted me for my role and abilities: I know that some of you must have shakeragian roles, some of which would probably get you lynched if they are revealed.  So stop being goddamn hypocrits and lynching me because I'm honest, because, as I've said, I'll be back, and this time you'll have no way of stopping me.  And I will get my revenge, because of something I have from a role I picked up.  That, and killing me does nothing to me other than piss me off, so I'd rather you not.

Could someone extend so we can get to the bottom of this new fuckery that is happening?
Why are you no longer complacent about being lynched? Killing you will do something, as in, getting rid of the annoying parts of your role, according to your earlier post. Why are you determined to get revenge instead of playing to your wincon? Will you get access to deadchat if you die?

PPE: I've tried about three times to post, and each time I've gotten a warning that another post has come in. I only sent in 2 roles, NQT.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 17, 2014, 10:38:55 am »

Well i was going to post this yesterday but i forgot...
Spoiler: roles (click to show/hide)
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 17, 2014, 10:39:32 am »

TWS: I've already explained that point NQT brought up here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 17, 2014, 10:41:40 am »

Reposting for NQT's convinience.
Here they are.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I removed the two that I got, for reasons that should be obvious.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 17, 2014, 10:46:22 am »

I just sent in two roles.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 17, 2014, 10:48:22 am »

get some coffee
Spoiler: Black, two sugars (click to show/hide)

Thanks for info so far guys. For what it's worth, I can confirm that Cheese and Varee submitted at least one of the roles that they say they submitted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 17, 2014, 10:58:12 am »

get some coffee
Spoiler: Black, two sugars (click to show/hide)

Thanks for info so far guys. For what it's worth, I can confirm that Cheese and Varee submitted at least one of the roles that they say they submitted.
I did two.
THAT COFFEE IS A BIG PICTURE AND I DO NOT LIKE BIG PICTURES. THEY LOAD LONG.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 17, 2014, 11:01:58 am »

IT WAS A BIG CUP OF COFFEE OKAY
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 78