Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 187723 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1275 on: April 30, 2017, 05:37:47 pm »

We're still (To my knowledge) using only half the year to attack, because half the year, the weather is too cold for our deadly thunderstorms. A reasonable assumption is also that the moderating effect caused by the tower is reducing the effectiveness of the barrages. We NEED to fix this, weather (hahahahahahahaha I'll show myself out) by destroying their tower or just modifying the spell to work better in the cold...which will likely save our hides when we reach the far north.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 30, 2017, 05:39:31 pm »

Well, we're advancing on the tower this turn. So we'll deal with the tower.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 30, 2017, 05:58:57 pm »

Design: Firestorm Shells [6, 6, 3]

Arstotzkans will soon have a taste of their own medicine.

Firstorm Shells are aptly named.  It's perhaps the most deadly anti-infantry weapon we've ever developed, surpassing even the Hammer in it's abilities to slaughter Arstotzkans.  The shell is a clay pot wrapped with oiled rags and stuffed with what our men refer to as "Alnnar Almuqaddasa" - Holy Fire.  It's a vile, toxic, putrid concoction that burns for a long, long time with intense heat.  It's got a horribly pungent odor, its smoke is noxious, it sticks to whatever it touches, and our men have taken to mixing small quantities of it in with their arak for an extra "kick".  As an added surprise, it even burns when wet.  Flamming Alnnar must be submerged for a very, very long time before the flame snuffs out, otherwise it will reignite once it comes back in contact with air.

The best part is it's relatively cheap to make.  It requires the constant care and attention of a certified Researcher Priest and takes half a year before it reaches maturity, but it can be produced in entire batches.  As a safety measure, the workshop built to manage production of Alnnar is established well outside of the city in a relatively unoccupied section of desert and strict fire-rules are put into place.

The only problem - and it is a big problem - is the structural integrity of clay pots.  Our ballista works by suddenly accelerating its ammunition, and clay pots don't like sudden acceleration.  One in every four times the ballista fires the clay pot will shatter on the bowstring and spill its contents all over the siege weapon and its crew.  With no way to put it out, the only thing bystanders can do is watch as the weapon and men are burnt to ash.

Despite being a terribly powerful weapon, our ballista crews absolutely refuse to use it until this issue is fixed. Normal Cost.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 30, 2017, 06:02:28 pm »

Okay lads, we all know what to do:

Fix the Firestorm Shells fragility.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 30, 2017, 06:03:31 pm »

Well, we need to fix that.

Sturdier Pots: Speaks for itself, doesn't it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 30, 2017, 06:06:17 pm »

Fix the fragility WHEN LAUNCHING ONLY. We want them to ALWAYS explode on impact.
THAT SAID:

Keep some of the originals for castle defense. See how well the enemy likes having THOSE rain down from above!

EDIT:
I almost forgot to gloat.

IS THIS NOT THE BEST IDEA EVER!?!?!?!!?!?
Let's go win this game, shall we?

Fix Fragile Firestorm Pots: (3) EVERYBODY WHO HAS A BRAIN but mostly: Madman198237, NUKE9.13, Taricus
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 06:08:48 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 30, 2017, 06:08:15 pm »

Keep some of the originals for castle defense. See how well the enemy likes having THOSE rain down from above!

Is this an order?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 30, 2017, 06:09:30 pm »

Does it need to be?
If so, then yes, I'd vote for that as an order to hedge my bets.

After all, is that order likely to be a problem? I can't see any reasonable way of turning that into a negative...I just can't. Unless, you know, it like rolls a 1 or whatever and is summarily forgotten...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 30, 2017, 06:09:49 pm »

Code: [Select]
Fix Fragile Firestorm Pots: (4) EVERYBODY WHO HAS A BRAIN but mostly: Madman198237, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Abe
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 30, 2017, 06:10:20 pm »

Does sand work to put out the fires caused by the firestorm shells?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 30, 2017, 06:11:12 pm »

Can you get close enough to get sand on that crap? You can't save anyone who's coated in this stuff---they'll keep burning even if the flames are gone, because of the heat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 30, 2017, 06:11:32 pm »

Does sand work to put out the fires caused by the firestorm shells?
Judging from the Description, No. we have made Medieval napalm, and Tossed in some greek fire to boot.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 30, 2017, 06:13:09 pm »

Since this was my idea, can I be supreme overlord for a day? ;)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 30, 2017, 06:14:11 pm »

I almost forgot to gloat.

IS THIS NOT THE BEST IDEA EVER!?!?!?!!?!?
Let's go win this game, shall we?
Dude. The quality of the design does not impact the way the dice roll. Yes, it was a good idea, but recognise that luck played a part.

After all, is that order likely to be a problem? I can't see any reasonable way of turning that into a negative...I just can't. Unless, you know, it like rolls a 1 or whatever and is summarily forgotten...
Here's an example of a 1: Our men duly keep the fragile pots of flammable liquid lying around in big piles in our forts. Then one day, someone knocks over a torch. The entire fort goes up in flames. The Arstotzkans shrug and move into the now vacant fort.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 30, 2017, 06:15:36 pm »

Because you're asking your men to use a device in a way that's not its intended purpose, I will require that it be rolled as an order.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 217