Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66909 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2009, 12:42:55 am »

Off of a quickread:

Hmm, for the daykill, Although I want to pressure Panda more, I want more pressure on him and not kill him off yet.

Speaking of which, PANDA!  Enough with the nonposts and hunt someone!

Toony, meanwhile, still smells unscummy.  IIRC, he jumps votes and acts more random when he has something to hide.  He's been on Person constantly, even when others (like myself) have pulled away.  He was the same in Beginner 2 when he was town.

Boksi, I'm tempted to say he's an Unhelpful Townie.  His additude sings out "I just don't give that much of a care".  I believe he's being honest with that, which I doubt any scum would bother to sound.  He's going to be unhelpful to us as the town, but meh.

Arch, all you're doing at the moment is going off other people's ideas.  Do you truely have no one to go after at this point?  Have I truely been giving nothing but null tells to you? 

You aren't passive lurking anymore it seems.  You're now on the sidelines with side comments of following the pack. 

So right now, I say Archangel should be our Daykill.  He's not being aggressive, he's active lurking at times and follow the leader at other times.

Daykill: Archangel
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2009, 01:11:49 am »

Meh. Real content later. Doing stuff with people in dorm.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2009, 01:32:41 am »

I just don't care enough about any game to deeply analyze it like Alex, Web and others do. I'm just going off gut feeling, and Mr. P, Boksi, and brothernature are the ones I suspect.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2009, 01:53:29 am »

You know Alex, I respect your opinion alot, but I feel you ignored my questions. They weren't insignificant, so if you'll go back a couple pages and answer them, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, shoot. My post count for the day got reset.
I wouldn't be surprised if a role named after me was another one based off lurking.

So I need another post.

RedWarrior. This might seem petty of me, but I get this weird vibe that you're only posting to avoid retribution. You want all the benefits of posting, but you don't actually want to play with the rest of us.

And Pandar, your 'don't look at me I'm too busy for you guys' attitude is, frankly, disruptive. Everyone's prodding you for a response, but you won't even bother to pacify them.

Toon, I'm a stickler for the rules, you're probably aware of this, so your post where you graded everyone's scumminess with color left you making alot of people Red. Red is also how we vote. This means it's possible, if Leafsnail were so inclined, to interpret your post as meaning you're voting for Alexhans, since he was the last name in your post. I take it this was purposeful?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2009, 01:59:22 am »

Tip to those that dislike 'analysis': No one is asking for WOTs or deep scans.

What we ARE asking is for more than just a 'he looks a little bad'. 

If he looks odd, ask the person some questions about the issue.  pressure them.

If they look scummy, accuse them, make them lose their cool.

If you are SURE they are scum, then either vote or request Alex to daykill them. Just be sure to be able to say WHY.

You don't need to throw up walls of deep analysis of everyone.  But at least you could follow up on your gut do a LITTLE reading of their past posts, and attack them for it.

@ arch.  We can't kill three people.  Which one are you willing to bet your life on to kill?  If none of them, mind finding some reason why your gut is saying those three look bad?

Without using someone ELSE'S argument?

I KNEW IT!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2009, 02:09:42 am »

Is it possible to search for all posts by a specific person, in a single thread?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2009, 02:12:52 am »

Quote from: Cheeetar
I'm always a little uneasy when nobody is defending someone, but it could be a bus.
nodoby is defending someone?  What's that supposed to mean?  What could be a bus?  You're being extremely cryptic here...

Scum know their team mates. I reason that they want to keep their team mates, and would not like them lynched. Thus, I find it strange that nobody was defending Mr. Person, as if he was scum some people would be trying to. However: it could be a bus in that scum want to get seen as town by voting off a scum person. Also, now that some people have removed their votes from Mr. Person (I think?) it could have just been a plan to vote for him and then unvote before the day ended, to deflect suspicion from themselves.

Quote from: Toonyman
Pandarsenic - Throwing Town off by being crazy (oh the irony) and lying about his known role, enough to raise some eyebrows.
Toonyman... You say that Pandarsenic lied about his known role... HOW?  Why didn't you say so before?
Is being crazy a scumtell?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Different things. It would be much simpler to say he dosen't know a role, but Pandar said he had to convince everyone he didn't know a role, inferring that he did know a role. I can think of no reason Pandar would word it like that, other than to deceive people as some sort of scum plan.
Being crazy could be an attempt at refuge in audacity or something like that. 'He couldn't be scum. A scum wouldn't draw attention to himself by using caps and lots of exclamation marks. He's too obvious.'
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2009, 02:55:48 am »

@Arch.  I wish.. I EVER SO MUCH wish there was.  The best I can do is go through each page and do a Search for their name.  If they don't post in other threads, you can use their profile to check their past posts.

Scum know their team mates. I reason that they want to keep their team mates, and would not like them lynched. Thus, I find it strange that nobody was defending Mr. Person, as if he was scum some people would be trying to. However: it could be a bus in that scum want to get seen as town by voting off a scum person. Also, now that some people have removed their votes from Mr. Person (I think?) it could have just been a plan to vote for him and then unvote before the day ended, to deflect suspicion from themselves.

This is an example of WIFOM. 

"Scum should be defending Person"
But that's what they want you to think!
"The scum are actually bussing Person"
But that's what they want you to think!
"The scum just voted to fake suspicion on him and pulled back before the lynch"

Such things confuse the town, since it leaves all scenerios open.  If you want to go into theory, CHOOSE one theory and stick with it.

It's dangerous to try to link people together this early on anyway.  I got burned that way in Beginner 1.  Best to take people at an individual level and, when we find scum, we can start to link them up.

Quote from: Toonyman
Pandarsenic - Throwing Town off by being crazy (oh the irony) and lying about his known role, enough to raise some eyebrows.
Toonyman... You say that Pandarsenic lied about his known role... HOW?  Why didn't you say so before?
Is being crazy a scumtell?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Different things. It would be much simpler to say he dosen't know a role, but Pandar said he had to convince everyone he didn't know a role, inferring that he did know a role. I can think of no reason Pandar would word it like that, other than to deceive people as some sort of scum plan.
Being crazy could be an attempt at refuge in audacity or something like that. 'He couldn't be scum. A scum wouldn't draw attention to himself by using caps and lots of exclamation marks. He's too obvious.'
[/quote]

The whole "miswriting the role" is really reaching as far as scumtells go.  The entire point is that games where everyone gets a 'known role' start off with everyone demanding for those roles.  Web adict wasn't given a known role and, thus, would have to prove to us that he didn't have one.  The insinuation ISN'T that he had a known role but that it would be hell in a handbasket for us to believe that he didn't have a known role. 

Panda isn't exactly the towniest person around, but lynching him for this is just silly.  The yelling thing, meanwhile, smells of WIFOM from Panda as you say.  Thinking him ugly for THAT makes more sense.
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 26, 2009, 03:02:26 am »

Yes, he would have to prove he didn't know one. But why write that? Why not just say simply 'he didn't know a role'? One is his role, and one is something he would have to do. It was a conscious thing to say he would have to convince us, not simply bad wording or naturally saying it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 26, 2009, 04:41:35 am »

Role PM:

You are ArchCherub.  Long hated for constant lurking, you now seek to prove 'em all wrong!  Unfortunately, the other players are weary of you, and have slapped a penalty on you.  You will not get a known role.  Good luck convincing the other players that this is the case.
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 26, 2009, 04:44:07 am »

Since there seems to be some confusion over it, yes, the last sentence has no effect on the role's win condition or effect.  It's just a vanilla towny with no known role.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2009, 04:48:15 am »

I think that the issue is the way Pandar worded it when he told us about the role, not the role itself.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 26, 2009, 04:48:26 am »

Yes, he would have to prove he didn't know one. But why write that? Why not just say simply 'he didn't know a role'? One is his role, and one is something he would have to do. It was a conscious thing to say he would have to convince us, not simply bad wording or naturally saying it.

Take your semantics, shove them up your ass, and find a real reason to vote for me.

kthxbai
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 26, 2009, 05:08:25 am »

*kicks IE for posting early*

Note that Panda gets the same Role text for the 'known role' as Web does for having the role.  The 'convincing others' came from that part of the text.  Panda just gave a cut down version of the text.

In other words:

You will not get a known role.  Good luck convincing the other players that this is the case. -> He has to convince others he has no known role.

Considering that Web is town, WHY would Panda mess with the role text?  Since Web had the actual role, there's nothing for Scum Panda to gain for attempting to confuse us with an altered 'known role claim'.  The whole 'two people know the role' trick along with each person having one role makes sure that the mafia can't do anything to manipulate the claims (note that me asking for confirmation for the Cobrarsenic role was a small thing made overblown by Mr. Person). 

I've seen Panda tear a town inside out as scum.  He's skilled.  If he were to do something like that, it would have to be for a big gain.  What would he gain as scum that would match the risk? 

The point to all this: Stop getting stuck on one questionable bit of evidence.  Panda is right here now.  Go question him.  Get more stuff out of him.  Sticking to just one thing will just leave you tunnelvisioned, which is deadly for town.
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 26, 2009, 05:10:56 am »

Actually, Dak, in retrospect, I can believe (flavorwise) a number of other Cobrarsenic powers. For instance, I was the first Exterminator in Paranormal to take the Deadman Bomb....

And indeed, I am here (though I'm tired and may not be around for long). By all means, question me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 60