Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66958 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #375 on: September 26, 2009, 11:44:02 pm »

Sorry for the wrench in the plan, Cheetar, but Toonyman did the same thing in Beginner Mafia 2.  He grabbed someone and held them hard until they died. 

The problem: they were not only town, but the mafia used Toonyman's pull to lure the town deep into tunnelvision.  Once that person died town, the mafia offed Toonyman and finished the game handly.

Toony's no fool, but he can make mistakes like the rest of us. 

This game, his doggedness for Person has led to a very interesting scene with Alexhans. 

Of course, that's why I asked Alex for what I asked for.  I want to see him plain and full, now that he's shown his motives. 

Btw, Zaith, don't feel so bad about the fighting.  So much has been said and shown here that will remain permanently written in the texts.  We've shown a large batch of ourselves through this battle and it will come to haunt us in the days to come.  That's about the most pro-town thing you can ask for in Day 1.  Just as long as the fighting doesn't turn into raw anger (@Webadict, please calm down.  You're our confirmed townie.  We NEED you calm and cool.  We can't afford you to let anyone get under your skin.  Ignore Toonyman for the moment if you have to, but please, we need your mind, not your anger) or tunnelvision (@Toonyman I know you don't like to let go but I have to ask: when you pull back and start from scratch, who truly is the most DANGEROUS scum?) we can turn this game into our favor.

Even the lurkers, at this point, have shown more than they think they have.  "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice".  When you go analyze them, think less "Who is being the least helpful" and more "Who is trying to maneuver through this like a mafia would?"  Townies tend to be more 'anti-town' than Mafia.. at least at first glance.

Even after you made your vote and decided who will die, don't stop the attacks.  There's others who need to be pushed, others who have slipped by a suspicion without answering to it.  Even if you think they are town, push them anyway.  The more truth that comes out, the better our chances in the long run.  Don't stop till the day is done.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 27, 2009, 12:54:16 am »

Pandarsenic, please note that I'm not actually voting for you. I was voting for you, earlier, but then I noticed that you weren't lurking and other people didn't seem to believe all caps and lots of exclamation marks was in any way suspicious.

I was confused as to why you worded it that way. It seemed a conscious choice to word it that way, so I wondered if you had a motive for wording it that way.

Screw the other people, if you think he's scum, you should be voting for him and putting pressure on him. FoS on Cheeetar because only scum would back away from people quickly because they can't get an easy lynch. Which brings me to...

Scum know their team mates. I reason that they want to keep their team mates, and would not like them lynched. Thus, I find it strange that nobody was defending Mr. Person, as if he was scum some people would be trying to. However: it could be a bus in that scum want to get seen as town by voting off a scum person. Also, now that some people have removed their votes from Mr. Person (I think?) it could have just been a plan to vote for him and then unvote before the day ended, to deflect suspicion from themselves.

You're looking at this all wrong. Imagine I'm scum. the situation would pretty much be a party gone all wrong with the rest of the team trying to bus me (Which I would go along with, btw, and probably buddy up with a townie :D Happy WIFOM with that). All the scum trying to bus me would be on the list late.
Listen: I suspect him. That does not mean I immediately want him dead. I am asking questions so as to know why he worded it that way. Also: Isn't a FoS the same thing, Mr. Person? Screw the other people, if you think he's scum, you should be voting for him and putting pressure on him. Only scum would FoS people because they can't get an easy lynch (this is sarcasm).
Also: Putting a WIFOM on your death (I could be town or scum! Haha! What are you going to do now?!) has made me very suspicious of you. In keeping with your encouragement to just vote and not back away, I will vote Mr. Person.

I'm fairly sure Toonyman is just stupid.  Not scum.  Otherwise he wouldn't have taken my proposal...
'Well, I want people to ignore everything he says, but I don't want him lynched because then he would turn up town and I might be suspected'
Also strangely this is about exactly the same thing Pandarsenic said about me (although that was probably warranted at the time).
What Toonyman is doing right now is pretty much what won Paranormal Mafia Round 9.

Hmm, a strange turn of events indeed. I'm not sure what to think on this, actually, since you did what the scum would of done in this situation, but you also did what an unhelpful townie would do in this situation. Of course, you neglected to include any reasoning on your part, so please provide that now. In addition, I'm glad you're speaking up, but I think you missed my point (I don't blame you for missing it, it was buried). I was wondering why you backed off from Pandarsenic.

@your ToonyMan comments, it works, as long as he backs off from townies, which ToonyMan has a bad habit of not doing. In fact, ToonyMan rarely ever backs off from anyone, scum or town. It's a valid way to play, he just needs to learn when to back off, but that might have to wait til after this game.

@Alexhans: To be honest, if you hadn't of yelled at everyone, I'd be lynched for sure, instead of just probably lynched.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 27, 2009, 01:20:16 am »

The reason I backed off Pandarsenic is because: He wasn't lurking, the whole caps thing isn't that big and he was probably just messing around and the role mis-write, while a conscious decision, was related to the role description he was given.

The reason I'm voting for you is because you said I shouldn't back off from suspicion and should go through with them despite not voting for me while you think I am scum ('Only scum would back away from people'), which is hypocritical of you, and also because of the WIFOM about your lynch.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 27, 2009, 03:49:19 am »

The reason I backed off Pandarsenic is because: He wasn't lurking, the whole caps thing isn't that big and he was probably just messing around and the role mis-write, while a conscious decision, was related to the role description he was given.

The reason I'm voting for you is because you said I shouldn't back off from suspicion and should go through with them despite not voting for me while you think I am scum ('Only scum would back away from people'), which is hypocritical of you, and also because of the WIFOM about your lynch.

You do realize it's possible to think more than one person is scum, right? That's what FoS's are for, as well as asking questions. I think Archangel is scum, I'm pretty much certain of that. ToonyMan is possibly scum, as are you, since you seem to only be reading my posts to pick them apart. This is fine, except you aren't even talking about anybody else (except Pandarsenic). Even if I was scum, you would still have to go find the rest of the scum team. Why don't you go look for them? In other words, who do you think is scum?

Also, I never said "Only scum would back away from people" I said "Only scum would back away from somebody who is no longer an easy lynch". In any case, lemme add a qualifier to that, but first, another question. I promise I'll explain my reasoning, just answer this last one, Cheeetar. Do you think Pandarsenic is town or do you think he's scum?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 27, 2009, 04:50:01 am »

What do you have to say about me thinking Mr.Person and Alexhans are scum Archangel?
I don't know. I suspect Mr. P of being scum, and I don't think Alex is being focused on enough. But that's all I've got.

Now, on to my suspicions (if any of the points I raise have already been made and answered, I apologize. I am using only the subject's posts). First, Boksi.

He didn't really give a reason for his first vote, which was on Alex, only said that he agreed with Toony and “Found Mr.Person's extreme support of him very suspicious”.

In his next post, he sort of plays the “I'm a noob” card, with “I don't have much experience in these things”. He then voted for CJ, saying that it seemed like a good idea, or at least better than lynching Alexhans, and was already getting a clear majority. Boksi then repeated his suspicion of Mr.P, claiming that it was based on his general behaviour.

In his first post after the reset, Boksi says that his vote for Alex was based on Mr.P's defence of him. He then made his noobiness claim much more overt. He finished it with a vote for Mr.P, pointing out (possibly in an effort to play it down) that he is bandwagoning. I'm fairly sure he was called out on this last part, resulting in his second last post.
Hm. I guess I don't have this burning drive compelling me to read and write massive walls of text and analyze people based on their current behavior, future behavior and behavior in relation to current knowledge and other people's behavior. Instead I make hasty decisions based on hunches. Hee, I'm being a bad player. How amusing. Or not, if you take a freaking text game on the internet seriously enough to hold grudges, but I don't think you do. Do you?

Compare my behavior if you want. I was scum in Mind & Magic Mafia 2 and Ridiculous Mafia 2. I can't be bothered to do this analysis stuff.

But on to Meph's question. Why did I bandwagon Mr. Person? It's a question which I can't truly answer myself. I guess I didn't like his overzealousness. I mean, he seems like the most aggressive person in this game, well outpacing Alexhans. But maybe that's because I don't spend as much time poring over this thread like you guys?
Mr.Person questioned him, to which he replied really vaguely and thus very poorly.
That's fine, just one small detail. Why, exactly, is aggressiveness scummy?

Well, aggression isn't exactly scummy... How do I put this? Well, I really can't point to anything concrete. There's something about his style, especially early on, that just rubs me the wrong way.

Well. I have to stabilize my sleep patterns and it's almost eleven, so...

I'll try to do Mr.Person as well, but I don't know if I'll finish in time. I'll do it for the practice, and if I manage to get done and post it, that will be good.

My defense will come after I've reread the new posts.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 27, 2009, 05:25:00 am »

@Leafsnail, can you please be a bit more astute when updating the votes? I'm not even voting for Mr.Person, I'm voting for RedWarrior.

RedWarrior, I asked you a question some time ago, and since then, IIRC, you've not only ignored it, but you've only posted once, bandwagoned, and not provided any content.

This is it, if you're wondering what I'm talking about:

Oh, shoot. My post count for the day got reset.
I wouldn't be surprised if a role named after me was another one based off lurking.

So I need another post.
RedWarrior. This might seem petty of me, but I get this weird vibe that you're only posting to avoid retribution. You want all the benefits of posting, but you don't actually want to play with the rest of us.

Now Alex, I've become much more suspicious of you. From the last couple pages, you've: offered a bogus deal with no reasonable merit, slung insults, been very condescending to Toon and others as though you're the only person worth listening to, and as Dakarion said, you and MP have been backing eachother up this entire time, which seems very odd to me. There's a number of other things, but there's only one that hasn't been addressed yet:

You've ignored me completely. Now, I feel a bit disrespected here. You see, I've asked you questions, I've brought up reasonable points, and I've talked to you directly, so I don't think there's an excuse for this. If you'd like me to, I can bring up the multiple posts you've ignored.

Now, I don't mean to be rude, but I have a feeling that you're stalling for time. Didn't you say earlier that you had enough votes to hammer Archangel? Why haven't you? Wasn't he the person that you wanted to hammer most? You said you wanted to see what he claims, but as Dakarion said already, there's really nothing he could claim that would prove anything one way or the other.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 27, 2009, 06:58:03 am »

It occurs to me - does it seem like anyone is making a point of encouraging Toony - subtly or overtly - in his crusade?

If he's town aiming at town, a little encouragement can go a long way for scum, as I learned in Beginner II. Toony always acts confident, but his true confidence level rises (naturally) when others agree with him. If several people "reluctantly" begin to side with him, "convinced" by his arguments, there might be scum letting Toony take the lead so he'll do their legwork. Just throwing this out there as a bit of food for thought.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 27, 2009, 07:07:00 am »

Ok Upon review, Web seems to be voting me because he doesn't like me. Mr.Person and dakarian have given some (similar) reasons to kill me. RedWarrior0 just bandwagoned. Alex seems to want to protect Mr.P and has picked me out as someone that experienced players would be happy to kill and also because I'm someone he doesn't like. Pandar appears to have voted for me because Alex and Web have done so.
I will try to answer the points Dak and Mr.P made.
Archangel's been lurking, he was late on my bandwagon, and his list of suspicion had no suspicion. Most people were "No comment" which is pretty bad. Even "probable scum" would of been better. Nope, Archangel wants to look uninvolved with everybody else. Oops.
When I did that list, I wasn't really thinking. Further consideration when I was less tired led me to feel that Pandar seems wrong somehow. But that doesn't help anyone at all, especially as it's just like the other things I said, it sounds like I'm following better players. My vote on you was because I think you're scum, not because there were several people voting for you. As for the first point, I have been trying to stop, but so far I just seem to have gone from inactive- to active-lurking.
Archangel.. I don't like him.  He's not true lurking, but he does a good bit of active lurking.  He 'passive suspects' without any real pressure, and uses 'don't want to analyze, just using gut feelings to choose.  That the suspects are the 'easy lynches'  just makes it ugly.  I don't believe in killing 'unhelpful townies', but there's styles of unhelpfullness that seek to "survive by looking like a sheep" which suggests it's more than just a useless townie, but a passive scum. I think I know who to focus on now.
I am attempting proper analysis now. I can't think of anything else to say to you.

I'd like to have a more time to defend myself, and more direct questions to respond to. As such, I'm leaving my vote where it is in the hopes of getting a tie in addition to wanting Mr.Person dead.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 27, 2009, 07:09:38 am »

Time to break out my generics.

Whom do you consider most likely to be scum and what's your ideal scumteam, Archangel?

If you want to be active instead of activelurking, scumhunt, don't just accuse anyone who accuses you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 27, 2009, 08:34:55 am »

Pandarsenic is active lurking.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 27, 2009, 08:42:23 am »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 27, 2009, 08:43:39 am »

More seriously: I dug up all that shit from the first few pages alone of Mr.Person toadying to Alexhans *rimshot* and you say I'm activelurking?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 27, 2009, 09:15:17 am »

You do realize it's possible to think more than one person is scum, right? That's what FoS's are for, as well as asking questions. I think Archangel is scum, I'm pretty much certain of that. ToonyMan is possibly scum, as are you, since you seem to only be reading my posts to pick them apart. This is fine, except you aren't even talking about anybody else (except Pandarsenic). Even if I was scum, you would still have to go find the rest of the scum team. Why don't you go look for them? In other words, who do you think is scum?

Also, I never said "Only scum would back away from people" I said "Only scum would back away from somebody who is no longer an easy lynch". In any case, lemme add a qualifier to that, but first, another question. I promise I'll explain my reasoning, just answer this last one, Cheeetar. Do you think Pandarsenic is town or do you think he's scum?

I think Pandarsenic is town for now, as that is my default assumption for someone until they have been suspicious enough. My previous points were pointed out as wrong and I now agree that they were. I think Alexhans is scum at the moment, as he hammered someone while giving them little chance to defend themself, and has been very abrasive to anyone who questions him. I also think you are scum, because of the possibility of you being scum buddies with Alexhans (yes I am aware that it would be stupid for scum to do this. However, that does not mean it is not true) and your previous WIFOM about your death.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 27, 2009, 09:31:42 am »

Fine.  I'll vote the third on my scum list.
Unvote.  Vote Boksi.
DO something useful.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 27, 2009, 09:44:24 am »

So Toon, I take it your entire accusation of Boksi is that he's lurking?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 60