Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21576 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2020, 08:42:23 am »

Repeat previous action.
it's over

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2020, 09:47:15 am »

Make more Leechglory

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2020, 12:20:01 pm »

Bartholomew comments. "Well there is this one job at the Mountain of Dusk, but I'm not so sure that you would be of much help for that if you're scared of an elf!"

Al comments. "Maybe if you were like a mech pilot or something... I think you'll need to demonstrate that you can be useful if you want to come along."
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2020, 12:26:08 pm »

Leave the crate for now and go find some kind of place that sells bombs so I can blow the damn crate up!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2020, 12:58:22 pm »

Read.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2020, 04:15:23 pm »

Turn 8
Repeat previous action.
(Long-range combat 72%=94% Failure)
You shoot at the turtle, but fail to hit.

The rain turtle begins gathering up rain magic again.

Make more Leechglory
(Cooking 20%=28% Failure)
You try to remember exactly how you made the Leechglory, but can't seem to duplicate the recipe. Instead, you make some other kind of substance.

Bartholomew comments. "Well there is this one job at the Mountain of Dusk, but I'm not so sure that you would be of much help for that if you're scared of an elf!"

Al comments. "Maybe if you were like a mech pilot or something... I think you'll need to demonstrate that you can be useful if you want to come along."
"No, but I do have a few skills: Identifying creatures, Mining, Leatherworking, Digging, Lockpicking, Palming Objects, Astrology, Juggling, Fleeing, Listening. Any of that seem helpful? Also, I have training as a Sword Acrobat"

He tries demonstrating his sword acrobatics skills (Sponcy Sword Acrobatics roll 18%=17% Success!) and puts on an impressive display, flipping over his sword and swishing it about impressively.

Leave the crate for now and go find some kind of place that sells bombs so I can blow the damn crate up!
(Secret Star Sign ability roll=Success!)
You wander about town and immediately find what you're looking for, a shop with a sign hanging above the door with a picture of a bomb and the words, "Bombs 4 Dayz!"

Walking in, you're greeted by a Water Gnome. "Hi, I'm Spuddles Matumly. Welcome to Bombs 4 Dayz! What can I get you?"

You see several bombs laid out on the counter with prices next to them.

Attuned Anti-Matter Wave Bomb - 116 Republic Units
Eternal Proton Grenade - 104 Emeralds
Whispering Bouncing Launcher - 155 Sea Copper
Judgement Pulse Device - 230 Electrum Shillings
Dragonstrike Bomb - 153 Chronos
Guardian's Gravity Device Bomb - 114 Triton Pounds
Dark Cobalt Satchel Charge - 127 Presidential Pieces
Malice Proton Sphere Bomb - 135 Embossed Dollars
Purifier, Last Stand of Grieving Widows - 329 Federal Cash

Read.
(Reading roll=39%+10% Focus Tea Bonus=49% of book finished +20% from last time)
The book continues, and goes over four more spells:

The first magical spell focuses on vibration, specifically using it to attack enemies and create traps. It requires songs of power, highly specific hand-signs, and clearing the mind.

The second magical spell focuses on rock, specifically using it to create various items and disguise oneself or others. It requires specially-prepared components.

The third magical spell focuses on both magnetism and gravity. It requires gestures and various gemstones. This style of magic requires one to make bargains with supernatural creatures.

The fourth magical spell focuses on both conjuring and life-force. It requires complex magical calculations.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2020, 04:31:51 pm »

Read.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2020, 05:02:48 pm »

Al comments. "Alright, that sounds like something that might be useful. You can follow us for the time being. We are going to need to find our other cohorts before actually heading out though."

Al and Bartholomew continue to look for the other people from the ice cream stand. (Aside from the owner and shady questgiver)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2020, 06:13:12 pm »

Honestly? Fuck this shit. I have better things to do than constantly missing shots against stationary targets.

>Go back to the gun store and buy a magazine of incendiary sniper rounds.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2020, 06:24:08 pm »

I think you can get advantage on your gun attacks if you are really far away due to the long range skill. (Barring any inherent weapon range penalties and whatnot)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2020, 07:02:01 pm »

I think you can get advantage on your gun attacks if you are really far away due to the long range skill. (Barring any inherent weapon range penalties and whatnot)

Well, the rolls have been using my long-range combat skill and not my justice stat, so it's safe to assume that I was at long range while turtle hunting.

As far as I'm concerned, ranged weapons don't have innate bonuses/maluses for fighting at different distances, unless common sense would apply.

Either way, I'm considering the possibilities of finding a shotgun of some kind, and using it as a secondary, with it being attached to the underbarrel part of my AWP if possible. Hell, I might as well modify my AWP as needed, considering I had to do some minmaxing with my character sheet to get it; so it must be good.
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2020, 07:59:55 pm »

Read.
(Reading Roll=59%+10% Focus Tea=69% NICE +69% from last time. Book Completed and 38% of next one.)
You continue reading Basic Geomantic Experimentation and learn about four more spells:

The first magical spell focuses on sand, specifically using it to create weapons and deceive others. It requires chants, gestures, a series of statuettes, and guiding magical forces with the mind itself. This style of magic requires one to make bargains with supernatural creatures.

The second magical spell focuses on both divination and enchantment. It requires invocations, specific bodily postures, a wand, and guiding magical forces with the mind itself.

The third magical spell focuses on temperature. It requires highly specific hand-signs, various material components, and emotional calm.

The last magical spell focuses on both spirit and gravity. It requires songs of power, holding a specific pose for the duration of a spell, and special clothes. Only certain bloodlines can use this form of magic.

You think you might be able to learn to use these spells with some experimentation.

Then you move on to 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks Are True.
#1 is that the Mountain of Dusk is a Mountain. The book says this one's true.
#2 is that the mountain is in a perpetual state of dusk. Book says this one's also true, and is actually very pretty.
#3 is that no one lives on the mountain. Book says this isn't true, there's a bunch of villages and at least one major city on the mountain.
#4 is that the mountain has many caves. Book says true.
#5 is that the Grand Pontiff of the Cult of the Two Gods was born on the mountain. Book says true.
#6 The sport of Dogsurfing was invented on the mountain. False, it was actually invented in the city of Ironside in the Earl Barony.

Al comments. "Alright, that sounds like something that might be useful. You can follow us for the time being. We are going to need to find our other cohorts before actually heading out though."

Al and Bartholomew continue to look for the other people from the ice cream stand. (Aside from the owner and shady questgiver)
(1d6=2)
Wandering around, you find Aya-Vary-Jury hanging out in Alier's Cafe, drinking tea and reading through a stack of books.

Honestly? Fuck this shit. I have better things to do than constantly missing shots against stationary targets.

>Go back to the gun store and buy a magazine of incendiary sniper rounds.

You return to the Happy Joker.

"Looks like you just came from the beach," the shopkeeper says, looking at your rain turtle covered visage.

You buy the incendiary ammo
(-37 Golden Pennies) (+1 Incendiary Sniper Ammo Magazine)
and get 13 Golden Pennies as change.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2020, 08:10:30 pm »

Al and Batholomew go to introduce Sponcy Bronsmire to Aya-Vary-Jury.
Unfortunately, Shouting does NOT give a bonus to introductions in a library setting, so I'm not going to even try that.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2020, 08:20:30 pm »

>Return to the rest of the group and wait until we finally do stuff as a group instead of collectively derailing the game by going on separate one man damn fool crusades.

it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2020, 09:06:03 pm »

Using quill and paper from my inventory, begin devising a plan to train myself in applicable geomantic experimentations. Activate THINKHARDER to gain a +70 bonus.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23