Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21581 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2020, 09:29:20 pm »

Next, I'm going to look at a few pawn shops to see if I can sell any of the late Assassin's stuff, especially if I can get paid in republic coins for any of it.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2020, 09:50:45 am »

"YES I killed the crate!"
Grab six crowbars so I have one to use and some spares, now I can do the thing I have been needing to do as it is tradition for a Wagonmancer to do this thing, search Beachhaven for a dolphin but not just any dolphin it needs to be one of the fattest flying land dolphins I can find as is what tradition says I need to find, then once I have found it I shall beat the shit out of it with the crowbar in the traditional manner until it is tamed.

(Added sheet for convenience and so I don't forget stuff.)
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2020, 10:13:52 am »

"If you promise not to purposefully harm me with the favor, you got a deal. Otherwise, I'm not so determined to hoard power as to bring myself to harm."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2020, 07:48:50 pm »

Downtime Part 4: Endgame
>Read more books that could contain useful knowledge.

(10d2=14xd100=736%)
You read seven books and thirty-six percent of an eighth.

The first book is Killshots: The Guide to Making Your Shots Count More. It talks about how, by shooting at more vital or less protected areas of a creature, it's possible to do more damage with your shots.

Learned Ability: Called Shots: (Active) By taking a 50% penalty to your shot, you can deal twice the normal dice worth of damage. Alternatively, you may forgo this extra damage to apply some other effect, such as crippling the enemy's attack, for example.

Whenever you begin hostilities with a creature or type of creature, roll an Anatomy check or other relevant skill or ability (you may also choose to roll before hostilities begin, if you wish). The penalty to your attack is multiplied by an amount equal to 100% minus the margin of success or failure of your Anatomy check. This may decrease the penalty if you roll well or increase if you roll poorly. You make this check with every new hostile encounter with a creature or type of creature, or you may reroll during an encounter if you gain some new insight about your target's anatomy, in which case you may use whichever roll is higher.

The next book is called A Brief Overview on the Subject of Organs, and covers the nature of anatomy in a general sense. It doesn't really speak about any specific creatures, just where they tend to be inside different beings on average, so anything that deviates from what this book considers the platonic ideal of an organism will take some guesswork on your part. You gain (5d6=16) +16% Anatomy (General) skill, which will take a penalty depending on how much a creature differs from the ideal average.

From there, you check out Fantastic Organs and Where to Find Them, hoping to learn a bit more on the subject of vital areas (Anatomy (General) knowledge roll d100>16%=1% Failure!), but it seems like it pretty much covers the same ground as the previous book.

Trying to find something a bit more informative, you read through A Field Guide to Organs, which (Anatomy (General) knowledge roll d100>16%=44% Success!) goes into a lot more detail on the whole general anatomy subject. You gain (d6=5) +5% Anatomy (General) skill.

Seeking to improve your knowledge, you consult The Advanced Organ-Finder's Handbook (Anatomy (General) knowledge roll d100>21%=4%+10% Information Quality Bonus=14% Failure), but it's not as advanced as it advertises.

Giving it another shot, you try Organ Location Probability Calculation, (Anatomy (General) knowledge roll d100>21%=86%+20% Information Quality Bonus=106% Critical Success!), which is incredibly informative (2d6=7), giving you +7% Anatomy (General) skill.

Hoping to build on this, you look at The 10 Best Places to Find Organs (In a Body) (Anatomy (General) knowledge roll d100>28%=46% Success!), which teaches you a few new things (+10), granting you +10% Anatomy (General) skill.

Giving it one last shot, you try to read Advanced Organ Detection before you fall unconscious, (Anatomy (General) knowledge roll d36>38%=23%+20% Information Quality Bonus=43% Success!), which teaches you (2d6=5) +5% Anatomy (General) skill.

After all that reading (Consciousness roll d100<Prudence V (88)=40%+(16+14+15=45) 45% Cumulative Studying Consciousness Penalty=85% Success!), a lesser mind might have fallen right to sleep, but you manage to stay awake a little bit longer.

Next, I'm going to look at a few pawn shops to see if I can sell any of the late Assassin's stuff, especially if I can get paid in republic coins for any of it.
You go to The Fabulous Lemon Pawn Store, manned by a stern-looking Sand Siren.

You show her the items, and she says she's willing to buy them for the following prices:
Wicked Oak Piercer Crossbow - 97 Republic Coins
Scorpion Bolts - 12 Republic Coins Each
A leather key chain with no keys - 41 Republic Coins
Blue Crystal - 182 Republic Coins
Telescope - 38 Republic Coins

"YES I killed the crate!"
Grab six crowbars so I have one to use and some spares, now I can do the thing I have been needing to do as it is tradition for a Wagonmancer to do this thing, search Beachhaven for a dolphin but not just any dolphin it needs to be one of the fattest flying land dolphins I can find as is what tradition says I need to find, then once I have found it I shall beat the shit out of it with the crowbar in the traditional manner until it is tamed.

(Added sheet for convenience and so I don't forget stuff.)
You grab up six crowbars with no problem (+6 Crowbars).

(Secret Star Sign Ability roll=7% Success!)
Searching Beachhaven, you easily find a monstrously fat flying land dolphin quite suitable to Wagonmancer tradition, and proceed to do what tradition demands (Zebra Strength roll 45%=47% Failure), but fail to connect with your first attack.

The flying land dolphin counterattacks with a flipper slap (Flipper Slapping roll 21%=2% Success!) (Bubba Agility roll 23%=32% Failure), doing (2d6 Slap=4) four Slap damage to you, (4 Slap=13%-55% Unconsciousness Bonus=-42% Critical Unconsciousness!) knocking you unconscious.

"If you promise not to purposefully harm me with the favor, you got a deal. Otherwise, I'm not so determined to hoard power as to bring myself to harm."
"YOU SHOULD NOT BE HARMED THE FAVOR, NO. THAT IS NOT THE INTENT.

"WELL, THEN, IT SEEMS WE HAVE AN ACCORD, DO WE NOT?"

The red panda extends its paw for you to shake it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2020, 08:00:49 pm »

"You got it, sibling."

Take the deal! And then guess what?
Everybody's doing it, READ

And then sleep. There's no way these non-thinkers got through 20 tomes whilst I was talking to a demon.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 08:08:22 pm by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2020, 08:04:04 pm »

>Rest until tomorrow morning.

it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2020, 11:13:58 pm »

Alright. I think I got this.

I'll first sell the leather key chain with no keys and blue crystal for 223 Republic Coins to cover travel expenses. I'll also cover Sponcy's fare as they have been reasonably useful so far.

Next I'll use my remaining 7 Druid Spell Slots to cast Nature's Guidance on myself that many times to try to learn some useful information. (Its not actually much more effective at learning skills than reading is, but reading fatigue doesn't affect this spell)

I'll board the train when it is ready, and rest while in transit to restore my druid spell slots!
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2020, 10:25:26 am »

Go to the local hippie commune, and ask for them to continue to train me in their ways.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2020, 02:18:50 pm »

I guess I'll just lay on the ground unconscious after getting slapped by a fat dolphin and wake up when ever the unconsciousness wears off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2020, 10:12:00 pm »

Downtime Part 5: The Last One, For Real This Time
"You got it, sibling."

Take the deal! And then guess what?
Everybody's doing it, READ

And then sleep. There's no way these non-thinkers got through 20 tomes whilst I was talking to a demon.

Negotiating with a demon is just long and complicated like that.

No, I'm kidding.

(10d2=16xd100=873%+38% from last time=911%)
After shaking its paw, Zizgolith disappears when blink, and you do a little light reading before bed.

You continue with 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks Are True, and learn a few more facts (5d6=20), about +20% Knowledge (Mountain of Dusk) skill worth.

Then you move on to Everleigh Chenwere Around The World, which talks about Everleigh Chenwere's journeys around the world during the Emnity Aeon, such as her voyages in the Shark's Realm, her theft of the Holy Citrus from the Orange Empire, her escaping the treacherous Past Forest, the time she conquered the Chambers of the Vanishing Hound, and many other adventures, up to her death in the Lost Temple on the Mountain of Dusk. (5d6=20) You gain +20% History (Everleigh Chenwere) skill.

The next book, Amphibians And Everleigh Chenwere, talks about her friendship and popularity with various amphibians, including her longtime friend and frequent companion, Cyndrell Falvillex the Ice Axolotl. (History (Everleigh Chenwere) knowledge roll d100>20%=15% Failure) Of course, most of this information was covered in the previous book.

Turning to The Legend Of Everleigh Chenwere, (History (Everleigh Chenwere) knowledge roll d100>20%=3% Failure), it again doesn't really say anything you didn't already learn in the previous two books. Like, you already knew that she was exiled by her Sad Dwarf clan at a young age, because of a prophecy that she would bring about their ruin, which ironically came true later because of her exile.

Mages And Hobgoblins: The Everleigh Chenwere Story (History (Everleigh Chenwere) knowledge roll d100>20%=45% Success!) finally covers some new territory, in how she constantly outwitted and pitted both mages and hobgoblins against each other, often because they were both enemies of hers that got in the way of her goals, but also sometimes just for fun, not to any actually benefit to herself. (d6=4) +4% History (Everleigh Chenwere) skill.

Looking through the pages of The Secrets of The Misfortune Elixir, it talks about how it was originally created in the now fallen Prasan Empire, by alchemists working for scheming government officials looking to overthrow the Zezaeteron Dynasty, and how the elixir apparently seemed to work so well that it took down both the emperor and his family along with the entire empire. With the amount of unluckiness energy believed to be contained in this elixir, the book warns that terrible things could happen if it ended up in the wrong hands. (5d6=16) +16% Knowledge (Misfortune Elixir) skill.

The Myth of The Misfortune Elixir (Knowledge (Misfortune Elixir) knowledge roll d100>16%=4% Failure) then mostly seems to cover the same ground.

You could have sworn that was the last book you checked out, but you seem seem to find a couple more, including one that seems to be bound with skin of some kind that's titled, A GUIDE TO THE EVISCERATION OF MORTALS. It seems to be a rather comprehensive knife-fighting manual. (10d6=37) +37% Knife Fighting Skill.

There's also another book, which seems to be silently screaming in agony, called THE MORTAL TENDANCY TOWARD EXSANGUINATION, which talks about how to make knife wounds bleed more, apparently. (Knife Fighting skill knowledge roll 1d00>37%=35% Failure), which seems to be pretty much covered by the basic concept of stabbing.

Then, there's another one called DANGERS Of ARCANE FAMILIARS, which seems to mention some stuff about how familiars can end up tricking their masters into performing horrifying crimes or leading them down a path that leads to damnation, but you fall asleep before you get too far into it.

Then you wake up the next morning, and the extra books have all disappeared.

>Rest until tomorrow morning.

You dream.

You're on a couch in the middle of the ocean. A glassblower is there. He asks you to make a choice. Do you choose your ex-lover, or do you want your hair to fall out?

Suddenly, a bear appears! It says you've been voted class president.

This lets you see the cemetery nearby that you realize has always been there. Everyone's started boarding the cemetery, but they won't let you in because you don't have your boarding pass. A celebrity pushes you out of the way. He says he's on his way to construct a new animal.

Then everyone starts photographing you with bright flashes, and you ask them to stop, but they won't, and then you wake up.

Alright. I think I got this.

I'll first sell the leather key chain with no keys and blue crystal for 223 Republic Coins to cover travel expenses. I'll also cover Sponcy's fare as they have been reasonably useful so far.

Next I'll use my remaining 7 Druid Spell Slots to cast Nature's Guidance on myself that many times to try to learn some useful information. (Its not actually much more effective at learning skills than reading is, but reading fatigue doesn't affect this spell)

I'll board the train when it is ready, and rest while in transit to restore my druid spell slots!
(-leather key chain with no keys)
(-blue crystal)
(+223 Republic Coins)
You perform the transaction with the pawn broker, and she gives you pawn slips for the items, so that you can buy them back later if you get money together for them later and they haven't been sold by then.
(+pawn slip for leather key chain with no keys)
(+pawn slip for blue crystal)

Then you cast Nature's Guidance on yourself 7 times.
1. You know the blue crystal you just sold would have teleported you into the headquarters of the Crystal Rose Syndicate, the people responsible for killing that one coconut's wife.
2. That leather key chain you sold wasn't important, it was just a nice keychain the assassin found in a store one time, but, after she bought it, she realized she doesn't actually own any keys.
3. The 133° Southeast Line is sometimes attacked by train robbers, so you should be prepared for that. +10% Insight to rolls dealing with train robbers.
4. The Misfortune Elixir is an artifact of powerful unluckiness energy, and you should be careful of anyone seeking it, as they may have ill intentions (or they may be trying to stop someone, who knows).
5. Aya-Vary-Jury has been consorting with a dark spirit.
6. When you get to the Mountain of Dusk, you will likely face many enemies. Several powerful secret societies seek the Misfortune Elixir for their own goals.
7. Just a pretty good pancake recipe that the spirits happen to have (+Pretty Good Pancake Recipe). They thought you might like it.

Then you go to bed and sleep well and wake up the next morning.

Go to the local hippie commune, and ask for them to continue to train me in their ways.
You go to the local hippie commune, and they welcome you, as you are obviously one of their own, though they're pretty chill, and would accept just about anybody as long as they're not cops or something.

Before they will teach you their ways, they first test your ability (Substance Tolerance 400000%>d100=3% Success!). They see you prepared to understand their ways, and, in fact, wonder if there is anything they can actually even teach you.

(10d2=15)
They test your Acoustics ability (Acoustics 77%<d100=32% Failure). It's no good, you're too good! They decide they can't teach you anything about acoustics.

Then they try your Chill, trying to see if they can upset you. (Chill 40%<d100=30% Failure) Try as they might, you're just too chill. They have nothing to help you with here.

After that, they try your Knows Stuff, questioning your knowledge, trying to see if there's some stuff you don't know. (Knows Stuff 36%<d100=73% Success!) It seems there's a few things you could learn, so they teach you (d6=3) +3% Knows Stuff skill.

Then they try your knowledge some more, (Knows Stuff 39%<d100=32% Failure), and, after the first question, they're pretty sure you know all the stuff.

So, from there, they test your LSD Summoning, asking you to summon as much LSD as you can. (LSD Summoning 82%<d100=25% Failure) You summon a whole bunch of LSD, so they're pretty sure you're good on that front.

Since they started off by testing your Substance Tolerance, they ask to see your Weedomancy, and you (Weedomancy 67%<d100=39% Failure) display such proficiency with the craft that they dare not question it again.

Then they wonder about your Cooking, and you (Cooking 20%<d100=91% Success!) show such incompetence that they're certain they can actually teach you a lot about this. (d6=2) +2% Cooking skill.

They test you Cooking some more. (Cooking 22%<8d100=8 Successes!) You are just so generally bad at cooking that they spend the rest of the night teaching you to cook, and you gain (8d6=29) +29% Cooking skill.

Then they give you a beanbag to bed down for the night, and you sleep and then wake up the next morning or so.

I guess I'll just lay on the ground unconscious after getting slapped by a fat dolphin and wake up when ever the unconsciousness wears off.
As you are unconscious, you dream.

You are ascending into the heavens, and you seem a cat being pet by someone.

The cat gives off a presence of evil. You realize this cat is your ex-lover. As you watch, it grows old before you eyes.

Suddenly, you are flying. As you fly, you bump into your step-sibling, and they are growing larger and larger.

They open their mouth, and inside you see a couple being attacked by someone wielding a chainsaw. Then, all of them get swept up in a swift current, and a gambling den appears in their place.

The gambling den is having people bet on train crashes. Anyone who loses a bet gets their tongue cut out.

You make a bet, and your train doesn't crash, so you anticipate that you're about to get your tongue cut out, but then it turns out that your ex-sweatheart has appeared, and they're killing you.

News of your death reaches a bunch of people gathered in some kind of social event, and it looks like they are about to mourn, but then a tornado appears.

Then you wake up on the beach the next morning.

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2020, 10:48:43 pm »

Summon Zizgolith.
"I suppose you'll want me to kill some mortals for you? Quite unambitious, and you didn't have to try hiding it from me, but a deal is a deal. I'm about to start planning a trip, so if you'd like to reserve a time to cash in that favor which is maximally effective, you might want to participate. Or not. I really don't care."

Get together with everybody, and create a plan to travel to the Mountain of Dusk and retrive the Misfortune Elixir for some shady dude.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2020, 11:23:37 pm »

Al and Bartholomew will prepare for departure. And since its still in downtime mode for one more turn...

I'll cook some pancakes for the group! I'm pretty sure that I can even make use of the Pâtisserie skill with this action! And counter (furniture) if I can find a decent counter to cook near.

If there's time left over after that, I'll try reading more stuff while I wait! (Pretty sure that resting reduces reading fatigue)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2020, 10:19:29 am »

"What a bunch of weird dreams.'
Now that I'm awake go find that damned fat dolphin that slapped me and beat the shit out of it with the crowbar.(But in the traditional ways of course.)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2020, 04:30:27 pm »

>Wake up, eat breakfast, stow my gun + its ammo inside a conveniently positioned briefcase that just so happens to be in the room I'm sleeping in, and check the clock.
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2020, 07:40:45 pm »

Turn 11: Downtime is Over

It's a sunny new morning in Beachhaven. The birds are chirping, the beachgoers are going beach again, and everyone's getting into a brand new dance craze called The Twiddlefitch.

After last night, one of the planet's moons, Badr, left its waxing phase, meaning a few rules will change, such as the way opposed rolls are determined, automatic learning ends, and the damage model changes.

Meanwhile, several of our intrepid adventurers are getting ready to head off toward the Mountain of Dusk in search of the Misfortune Elixir. What exciting new circumstances await them today? Let's find out!

Summon Zizgolith.
"I suppose you'll want me to kill some mortals for you? Quite unambitious, and you didn't have to try hiding it from me, but a deal is a deal. I'm about to start planning a trip, so if you'd like to reserve a time to cash in that favor which is maximally effective, you might want to participate. Or not. I really don't care."

Get together with everybody, and create a plan to travel to the Mountain of Dusk and retrive the Misfortune Elixir for some shady dude.
You summon Zizgolith, and he doesn't appear right away, but, as soon as you turn around, you see him.

"OH, SO YOU'RE TOTALLY FINE WITH KILLING MORTALS? 'CAUSE MOST OF THE TIME I HAVE TO SORT OF TRICK PEOPLE INTO THE WHOLE THING, AND THEN THEY REALIZE THEY'RE IN TOO DEEP AND CAN'T TURN BACK, AND THAT'S WHEN I HAVE THEM. BUT, IF YOU'RE JUST STRAIGHT UP COOL WITH THE WHOLE CONCEPT, THEN WE CAN JUST SKIP THE WHOLE FAVOR THING, AND I CAN JUST PROMISE TO HELP YOU WHENEVER YOU ASK AND MAYBE GRANT YOU THE OCCASIONAL BOON IF YOU PROMISE TO MURDER MORTALS FOR ME ON A SOMEWHAT REGULAR BASIS.

"AND, JUST TO BE SURE WE'RE ON THE SAME PAGE HERE, YOU'RE FINE OKAY WITH KILLING INNOCENTS, RIGHT? LIKE, PEOPLE NOT EVEN BOTHERING YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN ANY WAY, JUST RANDOM CIVILIANS?"

He walks next to you as you head out to find the others.

Al and Bartholomew will prepare for departure. And since its still in downtime mode for one more turn...

I'll cook some pancakes for the group! I'm pretty sure that I can even make use of the Pâtisserie skill with this action! And counter (furniture) if I can find a decent counter to cook near.

If there's time left over after that, I'll try reading more stuff while I wait! (Pretty sure that resting reduces reading fatigue)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
You try to find a decent counter to cook near (Counter (Furniture) 30%=5% Success!), and manage to do so, granting +10% Environment Bonus to your cooking attempt.

Bartholomew, making use of the Pretty Good Pancake Recipe Al received last night, puts his Pâtisserie skill to use (Pâtisserie 72%=75%-10% Environment Bonus=(65%) Success!), managing to make a Stack of Pretty Good Pancakes. Anyone who eats some of them gains a +10% Yummy Bonus (non-cumulative).

(10d2/2 Downtime Winddown=5d2=8-1=7)
After that, you try some reading. You open up Hydras' Glandular System (Smarts 70%=84%-20% Easy Reading Bonus=64% Success!), and you manage to learn something. You gain (5d6=11) +11% Anatomy (Hydra) skill.

Then you start reading A Statement on the Kingdoms' Legendary Cultural History, which is pretty well-illustrated, so (Smarts 70%=39%-20% Easy Reading Bonus=19%) even if you weren't so smart, you'd easily be able to comprehend it, but you are very smart, so it's even less of a problem for you, though you gain no extra benefit. But you do gain (5d6=16) +16 History (Cultural, General)skill.

Next, you read A Tutorial of Transformations, which is sort of muddled because of its bad illustrations (Smarts 70%=67%+10% Muddled Reading Penalty=77% Failure), so you're not quite able to glean anything useful from it.

After that, you read A Comparison of Cutlasses and Crossbow-pistols. It's impressively clear because of its wonderful organization (Smarts 70%=36%-40% Impressively Clear Reading Bonus=-4% Critical Success!), however, that just lets you very easily see that it contains no actual useful information whatsoever, just a bunch of useless fan speculation. Interesting, though.

Undeterred by the previous two books, you move on to The Theological Chronicles of the Frontier, which is somewhat hard to understand (Smarts 70%=51%+20% Hard Reading Penalty=71% Failure), so while, you almost kind of get the gist of what it's saying, you don't really learn anything from it.

Hoping to catch a break, you crack into Conjuration for Alchemists, which is also sort of hard to understand, thanks to a lack of coherent planning. (Smarts 70%=4%+20% Hard Reading Penalty=24% Success!) Your persistence pays off, however, and you manage to learn a few things about conjuration magic, albeit from an alchemist's perspective, but, nonetheless (7d6=29) you gain +29% Magic (Conjuration) skill.

(Smarts 70%=66% Success!) You also notice a few personal notes unrelated to the book scattered throughout its pages, and, piecing them together, you manage to learn the rules to a board game called "Horse Around". (5d6=17) +17% Board Game (Horse Around) skill.

Moving on to one last book, Examining the Famous Bards of the Frontier, you see that, because of its excellent, well-planned chapters, its very clear, so (Smarts 70%=90%-30% Very Clear Reading Bonus=60% Success!) you make your way through it without too much trouble, and learn a thing or two about famous frontier bards. Gain (5d6=20) +20% Knowledge (Frontier Bards) skill.

And, with that, you notice that downtime has definitively ended.

Oh, but Lord Screech is here, and seems to be enjoying your pancakes, as is Sponcy, of course. You're not quite sure where Aya-Vary-Jury is at the moment, though.

"What a bunch of weird dreams.'
Now that I'm awake go find that damned fat dolphin that slapped me and beat the shit out of it with the crowbar.(But in the traditional ways of course.)
(Secret Star Sign Ability Roll=73% Failure)
You look around, but you see no sign of the damned fat dolphin that slapped you last night.

>Wake up, eat breakfast, stow my gun + its ammo inside a conveniently positioned briefcase that just so happens to be in the room I'm sleeping in, and check the clock.
You wake up and eat the pancakes Bartholomew made, which are Pretty Good. Gain +10% Yummy Bonus (non-cumulative).

Having stowed your gun and ammo inside a conveniently positioned briefcase, you check the clock. (d12=12) It's noon, an hour before the train departs.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 07:45:47 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23