Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21520 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2020, 08:49:25 pm »

"Well, I wouldn't just murder someone who's not harming me for no benefit. Sure, I might be able to take some loose change or spirit currency from them, but the costs far outweigh the benefit. It doesn't really have anything to do with innocence. In this case, you're acting as my employer, paying me to assassinate people. Though, I'm afraid I'd only be able to help if the payment exceeds the added cost."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2020, 10:51:06 pm »

Al and Bartholomew have some of the pancakes. Because of course they do!

Both heads can get the Yummy bonus individually, but it doesn't stack with itself for any singular check because only the highest applicable Yummy bonus can be applied at one time.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2020, 11:34:45 pm »

>Get to the train station and wait, with my briefcase in hand.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 01:16:22 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2020, 11:42:39 pm »

Really though, gather everybody together. Best to have as much information available as possible when planning.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2020, 12:30:55 am »

"Well, I wouldn't just murder someone who's not harming me for no benefit. Sure, I might be able to take some loose change or spirit currency from them, but the costs far outweigh the benefit. It doesn't really have anything to do with innocence. In this case, you're acting as my employer, paying me to assassinate people. Though, I'm afraid I'd only be able to help if the payment exceeds the added cost."
Al and Bartholomew have some of the pancakes. Because of course they do!

Both heads can get the Yummy bonus individually, but it doesn't stack with itself for any singular check because only the highest applicable Yummy bonus can be applied at one time.
>Get to the train station and wait, with my suitcase in hand.
Really though, gather everybody together. Best to have as much information available as possible when planning.
Zizgolith responds to Aya-Vary-Jury as they continue walking toward the location of the others, "WELL, I PREFER INNOCENTS, BUT I'M WILLING TO TAKE THE MURDER OF JUST ABOUT ANY MORTALS. AND I CAN GIVE YOU EXTRA BOONS FOR KILLING INNOCENTS.

"BUT, IN THAT CASE, THE INNOCENTS HAVE TO BE EXTRA INNOCENT. NO CHILDREN; THEY HAVEN'T HAD ENOUGH TIME TO PROPERLY PROVE THEIR INNOCENCE. I WANT FULL-GROWN ADULT INNOCENTS. THE OLDER THE BETTER."

They eventually make their way to the location of the others, though, unless Al happens to be looking into the spirit world, neither he nor anyone else but Aya-Vary-Jury can actually see Zizgolith.

Al and Bartholomew have just finished their Pretty Good Pancakes and received their +10% Yummy Bonus (non-cumulative).

Lord Screech is clearly itching to go, so the rest of the pancakes get packed into a to-go container, which is handed to Aya-Vary-Jury (Aya-Vary-Jury receives To-Go Container of Pretty Good Pancakes), and everyone heads to the train station.

You arrive at the Beachhaven Eastside Train Station and find it packed with crowds, but you all manage to get your boarding passes and make it to your platform easily enough. Soon, you see the 133° Southeast Line pulling into the station, a massive train that looks to be several miles long, or at least seems to stretch all the way back into the horizon.

As you board the train, you get the feeling that the interior might possibly be larger than the exterior as you gaze up at the tall ceilings illuminated by handsome brass lanterns affixed to the walls. You are shown to your individual sleeping compartments, and you now have free reign to roam the train and are told that dinner will be served in the dinning hall at 6.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:36:14 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2020, 06:48:42 am »

"That damned thing left, it's like it hates my peoples traditions, it must be RACIST!'
Head out and search all over Beachhaven for the fattest flying land dolphin I can find (preferably the one I found before) and beat the crap out of it with my crowbar because tradition dictates that I do this, also because I'm pissed that it slapped me!
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2020, 01:28:44 pm »

Spoiler: Semi-OOC (click to show/hide)

>Look around the train, and see if there's anything worth checking.

it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2020, 04:57:06 pm »

"That damned thing left, it's like it hates my peoples traditions, it must be RACIST!'
Head out and search all over Beachhaven for the fattest flying land dolphin I can find (preferably the one I found before) and beat the crap out of it with my crowbar because tradition dictates that I do this, also because I'm pissed that it slapped me!
(Secret Star Sign roll=73% Failure)
Searching all around Beachhaven, you can't seem to find any sign of the fattest flying land dolphin or any flying land dolphin, for that matter. It's almost like they skipped town or something.

Spoiler: Semi-OOC (click to show/hide)

>Look around the train, and see if there's anything worth checking.

Looking around the train, you're currently in a sleeping carriage. Ahead of you is what looks like some kind of billiards hall, and behind you is what appears to be some kind of forest.

If you want to find what's in all of the compartments, you'll likely need to find some kind of map of the train.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2020, 04:59:46 pm »

To clarify, should I be removing the Republic coins from my inventory? I didn't see anything about actually buying tickets.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2020, 05:14:40 pm »

Alright, activate THINKHARDER and use all the information I've gained to form a comprehensive plan to retrieve the elixir of misfortune, accounting for the uncertainty by forming several backup plans!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2020, 05:48:39 pm »

To clarify, should I be removing the Republic coins from my inventory? I didn't see anything about actually buying tickets.
Oh, yeah. I forgot that you hadn't bought tickets already.

Alright, activate THINKHARDER and use all the information I've gained to form a comprehensive plan to retrieve the elixir of misfortune, accounting for the uncertainty by forming several backup plans!
(Thinking roll 27%=14%-70% THINKHARDER bonus=-56% Critical Thinking Success!)
Piecing together all the information you've collected so far, you've managed to form a +20% Misfortune Elixir Retrieval Plan. This should give a bonus to any component of your plan for retrieving the Misfortune Elixir, which you are keeping hidden from the audience for now, because revealing it ahead of time usually means that it won't work.

You also form several (2d4=5) backup plans (Thinking roll 27%>5d100=96,57,61,33,84 No Successes), none of which will work.
Glory to Arstotzka!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2020, 06:13:34 am »

"Well shit they've all left, it's like they hate my traditions!"
Well since the dolphins are all gone for the moment I'll go see if there's anything interesting going on in town.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2020, 09:06:43 am »

>Find a map of the train, since I apparently need one.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 02:12:47 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2020, 02:20:09 pm »

Welp, initiate relaxation routines! No need to work too hard, hehe.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2020, 05:54:52 pm »

Use my immense hippie skills to become the (unofficial) leader of the hippies
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23