Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21515 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2020, 11:31:50 pm »

My action appears to have been missed.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 17, 2020, 01:47:54 am »

"How boring."
"I FEEL LIKE MURDERING MORTALS IS MORE EXCITING THAN REPRODUCTION, BUT TO EACH THEIR OWN, I GUESS."

My action appears to have been missed.
I believe it was addressed in an update before this previous one.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2020, 05:57:09 am »

"Oh shit what's with this library, why do the book explode, what did I do to them for that to happen?"
Cautiously read another book about the wagon language, then any I can about resisting fire since I seem to like to catch fire a lot recently.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2020, 08:18:09 am »

"Now's the time."

>Remove all the contents of my briefcase and put them in my normal inventory, and draw my AWP, before returning to the bank car with my rifle drawn and ready to shoot the robber(s).

Anatomy Roll: 37

it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2020, 07:33:05 pm »

(Is the train thing a downtime event? I suspect you are processing book actions as if it was still downtime mode)

Al and Bartholomew check out the other side of the forest car.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2020, 07:36:13 pm »

"Hah, you think this hodgepodge of meat is capable of reproduction? No no, that's not the point of it at all."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2020, 11:04:26 pm »

Turn 15
"Oh shit what's with this library, why do the book explode, what did I do to them for that to happen?"
Cautiously read another book about the wagon language, then any I can about resisting fire since I seem to like to catch fire a lot recently.
(Non-Downtime Downtime roll 5d2=7)
You first read another book on Wagon language (Intelligence: High (63%)=55%-(d10 Easiness bonus=2%)=53% Success!), which you find easy enough to read, though don't learn too much from. (d3=1) You gain +1% Wagon language skill.

You then start reading books about fire resistance, because clearly that's something that can be improved by knowledge alone. (Intelligence: High (63%)=57%-(d10 Easiness bonus=4%)=53% Success!) You find the first book easy to read, yet extremely informative (3d6=12), gaining +12% Fire Resistance. Also, for some reason, someone has put various pieces of paper throughout the book commenting critically on it.

(Intelligence: High (63%)=42%-(d10 Easiness bonus=6%)=36% Success!) The next fire resistance book you read is pretty clear and gives reasonable information on the subject of resisting fire. (d6=2) You gain +2% Fire Resistance.

The third fire resistance book (Intelligence: High (63%)=95% Failure) is hard to read, at least for you, but at least it doesn't explode on you, so that's good.

(Intelligence: High (63%)=48%+(4d10 Difficulty penalty=22%)=70% Failure) the fourth fire resistance book seems especially hard to read, but, again, still not exploding.

(Intelligence: High (63%)=69%-(2d10 Easiness bonus=15%)=54% Success!) you read the fifth book easily enough, but, unfortunately, it has no useful information.

(Intelligence: High (63%)=78%-(2d10 Easiness bonus=12%)=66% Failure) the last book you read seems almost like it would be possible to read, but just out of your grasp. Alas.

"Now's the time."

>Remove all the contents of my briefcase and put them in my normal inventory, and draw my AWP, before returning to the bank car with my rifle drawn and ready to shoot the robber(s).

Anatomy Roll: 37

You quickly unpack you AWP and position yourself to get a clear shot into the bank car. (Stealth 44%=43%-(20% Natural Camouflage (Green) bonus)=23%) Standing in the grass of the graveyard, you are essentially unseen.

Looking in, you can see (d6=4) four bank robbers with balaclavas over their faces and bearing weapons. One of them has grabbed a hostage and is demanding the tellers give them money.

(Firearms 56%=98% Failure)(Long-range combat 76%=1% Success!)Assuming you're not interrupted before your next action, you're guaranteed a hit from your Steady Weapon ability.

(Is the train thing a downtime event? I suspect you are processing book actions as if it was still downtime mode)

Al and Bartholomew check out the other side of the forest car.

(Al Savvy: Silly 9%=75% Failure)(Bartholomew Outrospection: 22%=8% Success!)
Al doesn't see anything, but Bartholomew spots some Angel's Weed on the other side. (Al Smarts: Supreme 70%=45% Success!) Al recognizes this as a plant that can be made into an ointment that transfers the odors experienced by the user to someone else.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

"Hah, you think this hodgepodge of meat is capable of reproduction? No no, that's not the point of it at all."
"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT CAPABLE DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE NOT TRYING. YOU'RE GOING THROUGH ALL THE MOTIONS WITH NONE OF THE PAYOFF."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2020, 06:32:22 am »

"That seems like as much as I can learn right now before more things start to explode."
Look around the town for a gun store or pawn shop and see how much ammo for the MP40 and the QC-3N "Echo" will cost.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2020, 02:14:37 pm »

>Shoot the robber that took a hostage; while aiming for the head.

Hopefully my stealth should, in combination with my silenced weapon, allow me to not alert the other 3 robbers of my presence.

it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2020, 02:19:24 pm »

"Hah. It's hardly my fault that my body came with automatic pleasure buttons. But it's clear that you're far too simple of a creature to understand. Only after one thing, hmm? Why don't you learn to lighten up a little bit, enjoy the little things in life. Existence doesn't last forever, after all."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2020, 05:00:05 pm »

Al swags the Angel's Weed, then Al and Bartholomew head on over to the next car.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2020, 08:07:48 pm »

Give up, and look for an adventure to go on

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 19, 2020, 01:00:39 am »

"Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm dreaming. And you're part of it, aren't you?"
Initiate Lucid Dreaming (my Lucid Dreaming skill should be at 90%, as far as I can tell. Kin is a drug.) and show Zizgolath what it is to feel as a living being. We have such sights to show you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 19, 2020, 08:23:52 pm »

Turn 16
"That seems like as much as I can learn right now before more things start to explode."
Look around the town for a gun store or pawn shop and see how much ammo for the MP40 and the QC-3N "Echo" will cost.
You walk into the Happy Joker, and the High Orc shopkeeper greets you. When you ask about ammo, he tells you about the various types of ammo the shop stocks and informs you that basic MP40 ammo will cost 15 Raven Gold per magazine and QC-3N "Echo" ammo will cost 15 Interstellar Credits per magazine.

>Shoot the robber that took a hostage; while aiming for the head.

Hopefully my stealth should, in combination with my silenced weapon, allow me to not alert the other 3 robbers of my presence.

Having previously lined up your shot, you fire at the robber who just took a hostage (Lord Screech Long-range combat 76%>Steady Weapon=0% Success!) vs (Train Robber Bullet Resistance 25%>97% Failure) striking dead-on for (6d6 bullet damage=21) twenty-one bullet damage, which, after accounting for the robber's bullet resistance (-12) is an effective nine bullet damage (9 Bullet>d100=74% Failure), which doesn't kill them. They must have an especially thick skull.

After that shot, you try to stay hidden ((Lord Screech Stealth 44%=25%-(20% Natural Camouflage (Green) bonus)=5% Success!) vs (Train Robbers Notice 18%>4d100=No Successes)), which works, apparently.

"Hah. It's hardly my fault that my body came with automatic pleasure buttons. But it's clear that you're far too simple of a creature to understand. Only after one thing, hmm? Why don't you learn to lighten up a little bit, enjoy the little things in life. Existence doesn't last forever, after all."
"Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm dreaming. And you're part of it, aren't you?"
Initiate Lucid Dreaming (my Lucid Dreaming skill should be at 90%, as far as I can tell. Kin is a drug.) and show Zizgolath what it is to feel as a living being. We have such sights to show you.
"OKAY, I'M GOING TO GO NOW. YOU DON'T SEEM TO GET THAT I'M NOT INTO THIS. MAYBE YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER SPIRIT THAT'S INTO WHAT YOU WANT, OR POSSIBLY ANOTHER MORTAL, BUT I WANT NO PART OF THIS."
Zizgolith leaves your dream.

Al swags the Angel's Weed, then Al and Bartholomew head on over to the next car.
Al grabs (Al d10=9) nine doses of Angel's Weed, then he and Bartholomew head to the next car:
Leaving the forest, you enter the library, with books and bookshelves lining the walls from floor to ceiling, some ladders in place to reach the top shelves, and several reading nooks scattered here and there. There are a few people reading in here who immediately shush you as soon as you enter.

Ahead of you is what looks like some kind of shrine to a panther god, and behind you is the forest, of course.

Give up, and look for an adventure to go on
Leaving your hippie followers behind, you go looking for an adventure.

Very soon, you are approached by a (d6=1) mysterious stranger, who asks you to (2d6=7) retrieve an important item (d2=1), the Misfortune Elixir, located somewhere on the Mountain of Dusk.

Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 19, 2020, 08:29:05 pm »

"Hmm. Forgot what we were talking about in that non-lucid dream. Oh well, now we're lucid, may as well get things rolling."

Dream of arriving at the mountain of dusk.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23