Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 619297 times)

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2070 on: July 26, 2014, 01:14:28 pm »

How can I survive night in the wild without a companion?

I just survived several as a vampire with full iron. I killed so many, I was even farming them for skill gain, until the world SIMPLY STOPPED SPAWNING THEM after two nights in a row where i massacred them all with no real loss to myself.

Now you know why the night fears you. alternatively: if you are really really really really fast, you can just outrun them, even pull duck and weave patterns if you can hit and run before they can hit back
I only have a -sharp- claystone and I'm a dabbling misc object user so I'm pretty sure the night doesn't fear me.

find a meadhall, ransack it for all its worth. they won't mind, tis how i got my gear.
It's already night and I'm far from civilization.

Now you know what to do next time. Are you anywhere near mountains, a desert, a beach, anything like that? Bogeymen go poof when you enter desolate biomes.

Kljunas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 26, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »

Basically I tried to fight a group of bandits in a village but they wounded me and ordered me to drop my backpack when I yielded. Now I can't grasp, I have nothing to eat and I can't butcher animals since I have no weapon. I went back to the previous village to find the corpse of a vampire I had slain but there was no blood there that I could drink.

Is there any way I can pick up my backpack or quickly find another way to survive? Or will I have to either retire or die a heroic death?

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 26, 2014, 01:48:41 pm »

I just survived several as a vampire with full iron. I killed so many, I was even farming them for skill gain, until the world SIMPLY STOPPED SPAWNING THEM after two nights in a row where i massacred them all with no real loss to myself.

Now you know why the night fears you. alternatively: if you are really really really really fast, you can just outrun them, even pull duck and weave patterns if you can hit and run before they can hit back
I only have a -sharp- claystone and I'm a dabbling misc object user so I'm pretty sure the night doesn't fear me.

find a meadhall, ransack it for all its worth. they won't mind, tis how i got my gear.

Now you know what to do next time. Are you anywhere near mountains, a desert, a beach, anything like that? Bogeymen go poof when you enter desolate biomes.
Does it matter what kind of mountains?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 26, 2014, 01:56:41 pm »

If you can't fast travel through them, you should be good.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 26, 2014, 02:12:59 pm »

If you can't fast travel through them, you should be good.
Would I be able to use a place with a titan to stay alive?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: July 26, 2014, 02:17:43 pm »

-snips quote pyramid-

Uh, insofar as you can sleep in the shrine with the titan present..... Besides, I don't think it counts as indoors.

Anyways, how the heck do guides work? I asked earlier in the thread and someone said something about the word [GUIDE] showing somewhere, but I don't see any indications about guide. I asked a local soldier to guide me to a dwarf I'm trying to find, but I can't seem to find the tavern, and I'm getting no guide help that I can see.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 26, 2014, 03:14:18 pm »

-snips quote pyramid-

Uh, insofar as you can sleep in the shrine with the titan present..... Besides, I don't think it counts as indoors.

Anyways, how the heck do guides work? I asked earlier in the thread and someone said something about the word [GUIDE] showing somewhere, but I don't see any indications about guide. I asked a local soldier to guide me to a dwarf I'm trying to find, but I can't seem to find the tavern, and I'm getting no guide help that I can see.

Surprisingly, it DOES, any monster lair despawns the bogeymen/stops them from spawning. But uh, that relies on you beating a titan. If you can't take out the bogeymen, I'm going to assume it was made of steam or something.

Does anyone, ANYONE know how to turn in quests by the way? Or reduce this damned list of the ENDLESS creatures piling up on my Q menu? its getting a bit ridiculous. mainly since it doesnt tell me which ones ive already killed.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 26, 2014, 05:31:10 pm »

I wish I could remove the unneccesary x has attacked you from animals and animalmen when they didn't attack you.

It REALLY piles up when zombies get involved though.

There are so many ways that the new quest stuff could be improved on. Hopefully Toady One works on refining it after the majority of the bugs have been dealt with.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 26, 2014, 05:39:56 pm »

I wish I could remove the unneccesary x has attacked you from animals and animalmen when they didn't attack you.

There are so many ways that the new quest stuff could be improved on. Hopefully Toady One works on refining it after the majority of the bugs have been dealt with.

I think you mean animalman a to animalman b: "Just a moment ago i attacked PLAYERNAMEHERE" it annoyed me so i slaughtered the entire flock of braggy overconfident birdmen. not one even fought back

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 26, 2014, 05:45:31 pm »

I think you mean animalman a to animalman b: "Just a moment ago i attacked PLAYERNAMEHERE" it annoyed me so i slaughtered the entire flock of braggy overconfident birdmen. not one even fought back

I mean when you go to the listing of rumors, it shows lots of animals/animalmen which say they attacked you, but didn't actually. This clogs up the rumors stuff with unneeded reports.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 26, 2014, 06:02:56 pm »

OH that, yeah I also get tired of seeing everything i have ever killed in the list of reports. along with things that have no relavence to me. I mainly see THAT when i happen to pass by a group of animal men, constantly bragging to each other about attacking me. As I said, I bring swift justice to their lies.

MightyRavendark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 26, 2014, 09:00:24 pm »

I'm an adequate swimmer but every time I hop into a stagnant pond I immediately start drowning. Tried taking my gear off to see if that rectified the problem and to no avail I'm still drowning all day long. What the hell is wrong with this shit?

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 26, 2014, 09:10:48 pm »

are you entering the water or the air above the water?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 26, 2014, 09:22:49 pm »

I'm an adequate swimmer but every time I hop into a stagnant pond I immediately start drowning. Tried taking my gear off to see if that rectified the problem and to no avail I'm still drowning all day long. What the hell is wrong with this shit?
The difference is the drop. When falling the drop stuns you, it doesn't seem noticable on land but you can't start swimming if you're stunned and if you don't swim you drown.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

MightyRavendark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: July 26, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »

I'm not getting stunned as I'm using alt+direction to go below.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 327