Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Third Age of Darkness: Fantasy Villainy  (Read 3161 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
The Third Age of Darkness: Fantasy Villainy
« on: July 20, 2018, 09:12:17 am »

Ikrul is a peaceful, prosperous realm.

It's many city states and minor nations have grown wealthy under the benevolent rule of the Church of the Grand Redeemer, who obliterated the forces of evil (and everyone else who opposed them) in a series of Crusaders hundreds of years ago. Since then, the Church has carefully managed the continent, keeping any one nation from being capable or willing to oppose them. Few have tried, and those that did were ruthlessly purged as evil by the Church's armies and it's various groups of near legendary heroes.

In other times, the church's armies and it's group of heroes explore the wasteland and the hubwards mountains, searching for evil to purge, or magical secrets or artifacts to understand (and if needed purify). In living memory, this constant watch has purged all threats to the civilized lands, keeping them safe from any budding evil.

But strange times are approaching. The Constellations are moving in strange positions. The Sun, though steadfast in it's usual position in the sky, seems to be shining fainter than it once used. The days are growing shorter, while the nights are growing longer and somehow, more menacing. The flows of magic, once slow and regular, now grow turbulent and chaotic. Deep in the monastries of the church, ancient books are consulted, vague texts telling of the coming of a Dark age, where great evil rules. In an unprecedented move, the church recalls it's armies and heroes to it's heartland to maintain order, and investigate this phenomenon.

On the fringe, now free from persecution, Evil rises.

Introduction

You're an evil villain, trying to take over the world or something else nefarious. Primarily, this is done by researching magical stuff, upgrading a base and sending your minions to spread chaos and steal stuff across the world.

Actions are done one a week by week basis. You can take as many different actions as you want, but each minion can only work on 1 action at a time. Success or failure will be defined by the rolls.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your villainous Self (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Lair (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Minions (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Third Age of Darkness: Fantasy Villainy
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 09:12:59 am »

Constructions
- Training Room: A simple room with plenty of equipment to train your regular minions in different skills (50 resources, 500 gold 1 Minion week)
        - 200 gold : Regular Minion -> Other basic minion
- Guard Room : The guard's room provides extra security for your base (75 resources, 500 gold 2 Minion week)
        - 300 Gold : Upgrades minions along the military track
- Inn : An Inn, where innocent travels can be cultivated by your minions for information and wealth (50 resources, 750 gold 2 Minion week)
        - 300 Gold : Upgrades minions along the social track
- Library : A library, where research can occur. (75 resources, 750 gold 1 Minion week)
       - 300 Gold: Upgrades minions along the research track

-Treasury : A secure room to store your most precious of your illgotten gains (2000 gold, 3 minion weeks)
-Armory : A secure room to store your weaponry and other stuff (1000 gold, 2 minionweeks)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:20:05 am by 10ebbor10 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 09:37:25 am »

Does "Magical Engineering" include options for playing as a Mad Scientist with laser guns and other sciency stuff that nonetheless does magic things?

Because I think it would be really entertaining to be a modern-tech mad science villain in a world of knights and wizards.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 09:39:20 am »

Will join
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 09:40:54 am »

Does "Magical Engineering" include options for playing as a Mad Scientist with laser guns and other sciency stuff that nonetheless does magic things?

Because I think it would be really entertaining to be a modern-tech mad science villain in a world of knights and wizards.

Not really. I'd prefer to stay within the fantasy theme.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 03:44:18 pm »

This sounds fun. Is it intended to be a suggestion game or multiplayer? In either case, here's my submission:
Spoiler: Potential Trait Ideas: (click to show/hide)

Edit: Trait ideas added, adjusted resource values calculated. Some wording changes and fixed typos.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:13:24 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 04:09:26 pm »

Multiplayer, 5 people, if I get them.

Feel free to give hints for traits.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 04:25:54 pm »

Cool. Sorry for the questions, but can these traits relate to the base, character or either?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 04:26:47 pm »

Those are base traits.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 04:28:44 pm »

Races are generic fantasy?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 04:34:22 pm »

Anything that can fit in a fantasy setting, yes.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 04:47:53 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet filled (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 04:52:20 pm »

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:04:28 pm by Rockeater »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 04:59:22 pm »

What's a "regular" minion? Just a generic mook who's no better at, say, social stuff than a knowledge minion would be?

What counts as nefarious deeds for the purposes of the Eye for Gold Merchant trait?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 05:02:25 pm »

Gold: 5000 (Do I need to change this?)

Yes. Adjust for your bonus, then subtract what you spend on your base.

What's a "regular" minion? Just a generic mook who's no better at, say, social stuff than a knowledge minion would be?

Correct.

What counts as nefarious deeds for the purposes of the Eye for Gold Merchant trait?

It's a very broad thing. Most wealth generating actions fall under it. Passive stuff or say summoning Gold, does not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4