Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finally liberated!  (Read 3832 times)

susp3kt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Finally liberated!
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:54:59 pm »

This was one of my first play through's on normal. It was damn fun learning how to play.

I played this game based on a mafia "family" structure. Took my main character and leveled his persuasion high enough to recruit an underboss (2nd in command).

Then I leveled my underboss the same way I leveled my main character, and recruited 3-4 captains, each specializing in firearms, security/stealth, and seduction.

Then used each captain to recruit 2-3 members each. Which kept my leader hidden from any actions that my goons committed.

Along the way, I managed to get a few judge sleepers to keep my associates out of jail, got some sleepers in almost every location, setup a printing press to publish some news, also my sleepers tipped me before getting raided and a ceo or two to embezzle some funds.

Of course it would be a lot different if I had started with ccs, which I plan on doing in my next game.

What I'd like to see in future development is the ability to install one of your own members into office.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
Re: Finally liberated!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:15:54 pm »

What I'd like to see in future development is the ability to install one of your own members into office.

Sort of like a sleeper president?

I do believe Fox is working on that...
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »

I just can't see how geting the president as a sleeper would work. Any Conservative president would be the most hardened of veterans, the archest of conservatives, with a wisdom score so high it would make any attempt futile. Furthermore, the sleeper recruitment mechanics would require the president to come and meet with the Liberal many times, and the president wouldn't be going anywhere without a large armed guard, which would be a liability for any liberals you have with heat.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 11:05:16 pm »

I just can't see how geting the president as a sleeper would work. Any Conservative president would be the most hardened of veterans, the archest of conservatives, with a wisdom score so high it would make any attempt futile. Furthermore, the sleeper recruitment mechanics would require the president to come and meet with the Liberal many times, and the president wouldn't be going anywhere without a large armed guard, which would be a liability for any liberals you have with heat.

I'm sure the President has at least a few underlings. He wouldn't have to meet with the LCS himself.

EDIT: Edited for grammar.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 11:12:53 pm »

Brainwashing or converting a conservative president seems right out, but it's not unreasonable that you might be able to get an LCS member L+ politician winning the election.  They could then be an ultra-powerful sleeper with the possible side-benefit of pardoning people.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:44:15 pm »

Congratulations on a hard-earned victory.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 12:09:12 am »

just can't see how geting the president as a sleeper would work. Any Conservative president would be the most hardened of veterans, the archest of conservatives, with a wisdom score so high it would make any attempt futile. Furthermore, the sleeper recruitment mechanics would require the president to come and meet with the Liberal many times, and the president wouldn't be going anywhere without a large armed guard, which would be a liability for any liberals you have with heat

This is LCS I am sure the Conservative President is in fact a plant and the real president is someone else entirely.

susp3kt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 01:33:45 am »

Really? That would be awesome!

What I meant was maybe having a senator or something that you control, and help him raise through the ranks. You'll have the ability to help raise funds for his campaigns, sway public to vote for him etc.

Other than that the game is effin sweet! I'm hooked

Congratulations on a hard-earned victory.

Thanks much! Keep up the great work!

Btw, is there a donation button somewhere? I'd love to donate to help future development!

just can't see how geting the president as a sleeper would work. Any Conservative president would be the most hardened of veterans, the archest of conservatives, with a wisdom score so high it would make any attempt futile. Furthermore, the sleeper recruitment mechanics would require the president to come and meet with the Liberal many times, and the president wouldn't be going anywhere without a large armed guard, which would be a liability for any liberals you have with heat

This is LCS I am sure the Conservative President is in fact a plant and the real president is someone else entirely.

The illuminati runs things haha.

Brainwashing or converting a conservative president seems right out, but it's not unreasonable that you might be able to get an LCS member L+ politician winning the election.  They could then be an ultra-powerful sleeper with the possible side-benefit of pardoning people.

Exactly!

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 08:58:54 am »

Btw, is there a donation button somewhere? I'd love to donate to help future development!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125303.0

Alyas Grey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 06:43:59 am »

I would definitely be interested in adding local, state and federal office holders as available hostages and sleepers.

I don't know about a President, but a state senator or perhaps even a federal congressman isn't that farfetched.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 11:28:13 am »

Who says the Conservative President is even a person? He could be a political construct meant to represent the will of the Conservative Ideal.... (Big Brother is watching you!)

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 12:34:37 pm »

And this was starting with Nightmare Mode.

Method:

1: Recruited a bunch of hippies, because it's easy and they have lots of HRT.
2: Sent them to go raise money while I worked on my Tailor skill.  Made half a dozen Death Squad uniforms.
3: Kidnapped some brainy conservatives (lab techs, college students, etc) with high INT scores.
4: Gang interrogated them (while wearing DS uniforms) and added them to the pool.
5: Sent hippies to another safehouse armed with guitars to go keep the money flowing in.  Since they had no criminal records, they were effectively untouchable by The Man.
6: Spent time in University leveling up everyone's Psychology for a bit. 
7: Went out in full suite of DS outfits armed with pistols.  Kidnapped more conservatives, this time looking for influence - lawyers, hangin' judges, new anchors, etc.
8: Interrogated them all fast enough to turn them into sleepers.
9: Trained female LCS members in seduction.  Scored dates with Soldiers, Agents, Police and Fireman.  Kidnap, interrogate, more sleepers in exactly the right places.
10: Reign of kidnapping continues, but with a new policy: Super high INT targets are made to join the LCS.
11: Turn everyone into hackers to get their juice to 50% max without having to deal with combat.  Juggled safehouses for a while, but luckily sleepers kept me one step ahead of The Man.
12: As member's juice got high enough, retired them into Writing for Newspapers.
13: Repeat 9 thru 11 until I have more writers than I know what to do with.
14: Infiltrate CIA office, steal data and expose it to push free speech agenda away from C+.
15: Now that it is legal to actually write for the Liberal Guardian without bringing down the Firemen, do so.
16: Entire game is now simply a grind of kidnapping and converting high INT characters to turn into hackers & writers (hackers at one safehouse, writers in another to avoid dumping unwanted heat onto the Liberal Guardian printing press).
17: With over 30+ writers, all at 16+ writing skill all working for the Liberal Guardian, public opinion on every issue was slowly but surely steamrollered over to Elite Liberal in just a couple of years.
18: All sleepers sent to Snoop Around for material.  When busted, they are added to the writer pool.  I still have fifty times more dirt than I could ever hope to publish.
19: Kick back and watch the avalanche unfold.
20: No combat required.