Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58

Author Topic: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting  (Read 456558 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting
« Reply #630 on: November 09, 2011, 04:26:37 pm »

that still doesn't explain why my old voted items are dropping to 0.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 09, 2011, 04:29:54 pm »

that still doesn't explain why my old voted items are dropping to 0.

If you remove your votes from them, then you haven't voted for them, therefor they have 0 votes.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 09, 2011, 05:00:25 pm »

well I can't vote for more than 3 items at a time.  So how do I not remove my votes if I want 5 things voted for and am limited to selecting no more than 3?  I never specified to remove my votes, but if I vote for another item, I see all my old stuff set to 0.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:04:26 pm by thistleknot »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 10, 2011, 12:34:38 am »

In the interest of making it look like this conversation actually resolved:

You have three votes.  No more.  Deal with it.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:37 am »

Quote from: Bay 12 Games Forum
Regarding the suggestions thread -- please don't fight on the forum, especially in a stickied thread.  If there's a problem developing, just report it instead of becoming part of it.

Toady

I'm sorry.  I was out of line.

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 12, 2012, 12:32:23 pm »

The bottom of the list has gotten really cluttered with "[FIXED]" suggestions and could use some cleaning up.
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 12, 2012, 04:42:30 pm »

The bottom of the list has gotten really cluttered with "[FIXED]" suggestions and could use some cleaning up.

Nope, those are supposed to be there.  The point is that after a version or two, people can start voting for them again, if they think it needs more work.  But as those items are very recently fixed (some I believe are in the version Toady is working on and not yet released).

They're placeholders.

In fact..."Rivers and Ponds need sloped sides" needs to be marked as fixed and its votes wiped.

DONE.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:56:07 pm by Draco18s »

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 21, 2012, 11:11:49 am »

Ok I hope I dont come across as a smartass, but here's another list I made for cleanup :P couldnt resist, sorry:

65. 3D Designations - added in .34.01 I think - haven't played in a long time.

69. Aging, births and deaths after world generation. - correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this why worldgen in .34 takes so long?

86. Specific weapon selection - I think the military equipment screen allows you to do this since .31

------------

Some other stuff I noticed

7. Vein Auto-Mining: Toady already has this planned in the Development section of the site

59. Doctors/Hospitals: According to Draco's post from November, this is done.

56. Owned Barracks: Like #59

154. Improving the game: Even Toady found this one problematic, maybe it needs to go.

183. Fix Cooking Exploit: Like #59

Ok I stopped at about 220something cause its a bit tedious and i just came back from work, wanna do something more interesting :P

laterz
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 21, 2012, 11:40:10 am »

65. 3D Designations - added in .34.01 I think - haven't played in a long time.

Correct

69. Aging, births and deaths AFTER world generation. - correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this why worldgen in .34 takes so long?

Emphasis added to the request to highlight its issue.

86. Specific weapon selection - I think the military equipment screen allows you to do this since .31

Don't know.

7. Vein Auto-Mining: Toady already has this planned in the Development section of the site

And?

59. Doctors/Hospitals: According to Draco's post from November, this is done.

56. Owned Barracks: Like #59

154. Improving the game: Even Toady found this one problematic, maybe it needs to go.

183. Fix Cooking Exploit: Like #59

I don't own, can't fix.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 23, 2012, 11:10:35 am »

Things that are planned but not currently implemented still belong on the list, since they let people express their preferences for what order they'd like to see stuff in.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 23, 2012, 11:27:21 am »

Things that are planned but not currently implemented still belong on the list, since they let people express their preferences for what order they'd like to see stuff in.

Precisely.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 24, 2012, 04:56:28 pm »

Unless I'm missing something, it's impossible to link directly to a specific suggestion so the page scrolls down to it. Modifying the script so it adds anchors to each suggestion would be awesome - they already have a unique ID so it should be possible. (If zagibu doesn't work on this anymore, I volunteer to do it as a long term/do eventually project. Send me the script.) It would allow to send people from suggestion threads to vote on the related ESV checkbox.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 24, 2012, 04:58:45 pm »

Unless I'm missing something, it's impossible to link directly to a specific suggestion so the page scrolls down to it. Modifying the script so it adds anchors to each suggestion would be awesome - they already have a unique ID so it should be possible. (If zagibu doesn't work on this anymore, I volunteer to do it as a long term/do eventually project. Send me the script.) It would allow to send people from suggestion threads to vote on the related ESV checkbox.

I mentioned anchors a while back but yeah, I guess zagibu's not working on it anymore.

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 25, 2012, 01:33:56 am »

well if he's not interested or able to work on it anymore, maybe pass it down to someone(s) who do? Myself and others have offered to help so there's no shortage of people interested (though I'm getting drafted pretty soon so I can't work on it anymore unfortunately) - maybe someone who's interested in taking up the script's maintenance (one or more people) could message him and ask - I just checked his profile, he was away for a really long time but he recently made a post so maybe he'd notice a pm.
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 25, 2012, 12:54:26 pm »

Toady has the code, ask him. Unfortunately, I've got too many things going on to work on the script.

Also, I wasn't gone, I check this forum almost daily.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:55:57 pm by zagibu »
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58