Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 301112 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.01 released -- DF 31.25 compatible
« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2011, 08:41:02 pm »

Here's a link, then. Free to use, any computer OS.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

wrajjt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 25, 2011, 08:49:31 pm »

Cheers

danielout

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2011, 02:16:50 am »

I'm an die-hard quickfort user. I cannot express how much time it has saved me. A friend of mine wasn't as convinced. So I tried to think of a way to entice him; this is the result:
http://youtu.be/czrCvZqIMEc

ed note:  I realize it is far longer than it needs to be; I don't imagine many people will watch until the end.

Haha nice one. Especially the "reaction" webcam in the corner ;)

Your DF macro playback looks like it's going quite slow: you may need to set [MACRO_MS:0] in your DF data/init/init.txt.

I should probably just code a check for this init setting into QF; I bet it's catching up more than a few QF2 users.

It typically doesn't run that slow. I suspect the capture program was bringing the processor to a halt; I should have made sure QF and DF had their own core, and the capture program had one to its self as well. Ah, hindsight.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2011, 11:38:14 am »

It typically doesn't run that slow. I suspect the capture program was bringing the processor to a halt; I should have made sure QF and DF had their own core, and the capture program had one to its self as well. Ah, hindsight.
Haha I see. Well at least it gave you adequate time for mugging at the webcam ;)

jfsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2011, 09:19:21 pm »

Anybody got a mature 0.31.25 fort save file they'd like to send me? I need a midsize fort I can conduct experiments in, but I'm too lazy to actually PLAY DF long enough to get one :D

I downloaded Rimslaughters but just unpausing it makes my PC cry uncle.

Oops, yeah, the save that was up there was made right before a massive temperature recalculation was needed, if I recall correctly.  Here's an updated one if it helps.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #365 on: July 27, 2011, 12:36:09 pm »

Anybody got a mature 0.31.25 fort save file they'd like to send me? I need a midsize fort I can conduct experiments in, but I'm too lazy to actually PLAY DF long enough to get one :D

I downloaded Rimslaughters but just unpausing it makes my PC cry uncle.

Oops, yeah, the save that was up there was made right before a massive temperature recalculation was needed, if I recall correctly.  Here's an updated one if it helps.

Thanks, I'll give it a spin!

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.00pre5 released
« Reply #366 on: July 29, 2011, 09:35:33 pm »

Please do share your standardized fort layout. There are not very many complete fort layouts floating around (mostly bits & pieces) and I'd love to look at your design.

Here you go!

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-10611-acefortress

Most of this design is stuff I'd done "drafts" of in earlier versions of DF, but it took me a little while to get a full fort "finished" in the current version and work out some of the details of the plumbing (though I still managed to mess one or two things up :P) . Basically, I took a bunch of fairly standard designs from the wiki and edited them a bit to fit together with each other and around a central spiral staircase, then a I dropped a waterfall down the center tile. For the storage levels I played around a bit till I got something I was satisfied with aesthetically; one was designed to fit on top of the workshops without connecting to the center tile (for workshop materials), the other fits directly onto the center (for food, so dwarves have to go through the waterfall to eat). The bedroom/dining room level has wells in each corner, which then drop down/connect to the water howevermany z-levels below.

Quickfort plans for this fort here: http://tinyurl.com/3ryu5dm
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:55:38 pm by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy »

CarrKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 02, 2011, 04:27:37 am »

I hope this is the right place to ask. I am on linux and trying to follow the guide to run qfconvert, but something is off. 

Code: [Select]
$ python ./qfconvert.py bedroom-build.csv foo.mak
  File "./qfconvert.py", line 65
    raise Exception, \
                   ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I did update python2 so I don't think that's the problem. It seems like my python finds an error in the syntax of the source code, I also think that's impossible (I never used python, I wouldn't know)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2011, 08:09:20 am »

I hope this is the right place to ask. I am on linux and trying to follow the guide to run qfconvert, but something is off. 

Code: [Select]
$ python ./qfconvert.py bedroom-build.csv foo.mak
  File "./qfconvert.py", line 65
    raise Exception, \
                   ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I did update python2 so I don't think that's the problem. It seems like my python finds an error in the syntax of the source code, I also think that's impossible (I never used python, I wouldn't know)
Try using 'python2' instead of 'python'.

CarrKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 05, 2011, 09:30:42 am »

Thank you so much, that fixed it.

(sorry if that was a newbye question)

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #370 on: August 09, 2011, 03:00:35 pm »

Thank you so much, that fixed it.

(sorry if that was a newbye question)
Sounds like maybe something that I should update in QF's readme.txt though.

Will 'python2' work reliably on any Linux/OSX install with Python 2.x installed?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #371 on: August 09, 2011, 03:22:22 pm »

Will 'python2' work reliably on any Linux/OSX install with Python 2.x installed?
Yes, it should. See this: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0394/
It really depends on the distro release though. Ancient linux installs might have only 'python'.

Ideally, quickfort would work with both python 2 and python 3 and none of this would be an issue.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #372 on: August 09, 2011, 07:05:02 pm »

Yes, it should. See this: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0394/
It really depends on the distro release though. Ancient linux installs might have only 'python'.
Thanks. I'm guessing older installs probably wouldn't have a current enough Python 2 install to work with Quickfort anyway, so I will probably update readme.txt to use python2 instead.

Ideally, quickfort would work with both python 2 and python 3 and none of this would be an issue.
Python 3 compatibility should happen fairly soon (next release or two). The main holdup has been finding 3rd party libs that would work with Python 3. That has just recently been rectified.

My understanding is that it is possible to write code that is simultaneously compatible with both Python 2 and 3. I'd like to use a few of the new Python-3-only features, but I'm not ready to lose Python 2 compatibility yet.

I haven't tested it recently, but I think the latest QF release is still compatible with Win98! ;)

GoingTharn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Bug in multi-level-build/stockpiles?
« Reply #373 on: August 17, 2011, 01:43:01 pm »

For some reason, multi-level stockpiles and builds seem to bug out on me pretty badly.
The Quickfort's surface-build, surface-stockpile specifically do not work when I attempt to use them.
If I split them into separate sheets and call them individually by floor it's fine, but when combined it seems to reset the start position to the last known Corner (alt + QWAS), rather than respecting the Start position.

Seems to work fine for Dig, however.

Bone White

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 18, 2011, 08:10:50 pm »

As a newcomer to Quickfort, I've been using it to dig, however now I wish to use the #build feature I'm having trouble.

Sometimes when "outlining" the template, it displays correctly, other times it goes crazy.  Every time I try to run the template, it goes absoloutely beserk and takes 500 times longer than it should, resulting in accessing the Esc menu, going into the burrows menu, flitting all over my map etc.  I was wondering if you could tell me what's wrong.

I should note in build mode it always reads in the tooltip: "TYPE b o (build road)" I think this shouldn't be the case."

Ah I just solved my own problem, I was required to already be in build road for the macro to work correctly.  ???
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:21:17 pm by Bone White »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42