Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212276 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #900 on: February 03, 2014, 10:25:56 am »

Toaster
Okay, so you only have one ability.  Therefore by elimination, what you have is information, making you informed.  You're the only one who has this, so you're the minority.

Do you see the problem with this?
No. The information that I have is of the same kind that other players have. You're all informed minorities when it comes to what it says on your PM. Look, it'll all make sense tomorrow.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 03, 2014, 04:58:11 pm »

Toaster
Okay, so you only have one ability.  Therefore by elimination, what you have is information, making you informed.  You're the only one who has this, so you're the minority.

No. The information that I have is of the same kind that other players have. You're all informed minorities when it comes to what it says on your PM. Look, it'll all make sense tomorrow.

Have you been reading anything that people have mentioned about their role descriptions? Aside from the occasional ability, there is simply useless backstory in most people's roles. Most people don't even have an idea of what their wincons could be. Others can't even figure out if they have an ability or not. However, you have unique, relevant, and possibly game-changing information. Can you see any problems with this?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 03, 2014, 06:14:25 pm »

I find it incredible that you (and most other players) can't seem to fathom that there could be information that scum could act upon. This is to do with the game mechanics (what little we know of them) but isn't to do with the bastardry per se.
WOW! I find it incredible that you choose insult rather than understanding instead.
"I find it incredible..."
Nice ego. You can't even explain anything right! Can't seem to fathom? What in bloody hell are you even thinking about? You're just touting once more that this information is nothing we can do about when you let it out! But it makes sense when you say it by game mechanics!
Now if you just grew some empathy to understand that if you had said the orange part in the first place, you would've clarified 90% of what has happened THUS FRICKIN' FAR.
>__>

Tiruin: have you not seen our posts speculating this is some weird magical hybrid world, seemingly with some Harry. Potter characters. I'm PFP, but a while back I linked to a post where the mod mentions Hermione.
I did. Is this evidence to be used?

Toaster

Let me round your rudeness to you.
BS.
I have NOTHING to base on, and have been trying more the heck than you to do anything about it.
If I'm an informed 'minority' with nothing to base on, then I am REALLY gripping you by the neck tomorrow.

Toaster

Have you been reading anything that people have mentioned about their role descriptions? Aside from the occasional ability, there is simply useless backstory in most people's roles. Most people don't even have an idea of what their wincons could be. Others can't even figure out if they have an ability or not. However, you have unique, relevant, and possibly game-changing information. Can you see any problems with this?
For once, I'm beginning to say 'it doesn't matter' and 'go lynch NQT' for being a condescending president.
But it doesn't look like you've picked up on the hint and instead attack a trivial portion of minorities and majorities.
Why do you not ask him on the case above?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 03, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »

Why didn't you read? The post was directed to him.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 03, 2014, 06:38:35 pm »

DarkStar
However, you have unique, relevant, and possibly game-changing information. Can you see any problems with this?
You are mistaken about its uniqueness: I known you do too and I'll elucidate... tomorrow

Tiruin
WOW! I find it incredible that you choose insult rather than understanding instead.
I wasn't meaning to be insulting. I'm just trying to explain that I can't really explain... yet.

BS.
I have NOTHING to base on, and have been trying more the heck than you to do anything about it.
If I'm an informed 'minority' with nothing to base on, then I am REALLY gripping you by the neck tomorrow.
I'm really not being rude. Well not intentionally. It'll all be very clear soon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 03, 2014, 06:45:38 pm »

One More Thing Before I Go

I'm going to bed now and if the day is processed on time it'll be N1 by the time I next check the thread. It's currently a tie between me and Ranger, so one of you guys should probably think about breaking it.

If you want to vote out a self-declared meteor summoner and Evil player, then vote Ranger.

If you want to vote a mod-confirmed Not Evil player who claims that voting him may aid the forces of Evil and he'll explain how if he lives until tomorrow, then vote NQT.

Good Night and Good Luck!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 03, 2014, 06:48:19 pm »

Why didn't you read? The post was directed to him.
Let me restate this in the way you won't miss logic.

Why do you think NQT noted the point on him knowing stuff, IF IT WAS COMPLETELY DETRIMENTAL TO HIM?!

I mean, pushing that trash on 'informed' minority/majority? You can't even back that up without relating it to 'omgMafia knows moar'.
Back it up, you. I'd love it for PEOPLE to think or ask beforehand and not snark at me by 'oh didn't you see x?'

I'm not bloody blind. What he's stating is something about mechanics. Something that could've clarified this whole mess better than anything else he forwarded! Why are you not focused on that?

Tiruin
I wasn't meaning to be insulting. I'm just trying to explain that I can't really explain... yet.
You do a VERY poor job of doing it!
If you had just mentioned any context about why, other than appealing to 'mafia would know more' LIKE THAT MECHANICS NOTE, it would make better sense!

Why didn't you bring that up sooner?

BS.
I'm really not being rude. Well not intentionally. It'll all be very clear soon.
[/quote]Stop. Pushing. That. Rubbish.
You're like a broken tape recorder. I am frustrated on hearing the same thing when I try to ask from different directions. You could be more adamant with it or define more reasons on why you're standing by it--but for here it feels like we've hit the saturation point from you (y'know, until that recent note on 'MECHANICS' instead!)

How sure are you that it isn't part of the game's deviation?

Yeah I'm still grumpy.

One More Thing Before I Go

I'm going to bed now and if the day is processed on time it'll be N1 by the time I next check the thread. It's currently a tie between me and Ranger, so one of you guys should probably think about breaking it.

If you want to vote out a self-declared meteor summoner and Evil player, then vote Ranger.

If you want to vote a mod-confirmed Not Evil player who claims that voting him may aid the forces of Evil and he'll explain how if he lives until tomorrow, then vote NQT.

Good Night and Good Luck!
Aw COME ON. Why do you go now?! >__>
And leave a note of guilt-tripping people who don't even know anything about you other than Innocent Child in Bastard context!?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 03, 2014, 06:51:27 pm »

NQT

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 03, 2014, 06:58:18 pm »

NQT
Can we vote Leafsnail instead of going on this useless tangent? >_>

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 03, 2014, 07:05:30 pm »

Tiruin: NQT has been evasive and, frankly, a tad irritating and condescending for a while. I don't have any evidence against anyone, but NQT has been behaving highly defensive all game, and has been trying to start a bandwagon against the most obvious target instead of trying to find more information about others. Also, he has been claiming some game-changing information that nobody else has, which, to me, smacks of trying to avoid a lynch. A lynch he wasn't even in danger of, before he said that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 03, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »

Well he was already a special case from the start. Isn't that a good point to forward?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 03, 2014, 08:00:39 pm »

NQT
Can we vote Leafsnail instead of going on this useless tangent? >_>

How is scumhunting useless? People are pointing out various ways that NQT is suspicious; are you trying to dissuade us from doing that?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 03, 2014, 08:17:48 pm »

Let's start off with how you started a case against NQT. You firstly assumed the Bellsounder Mafia-applying its kind of logic onto him.

How can he defend against that?
He can't.  So what?  I think it's still strong evidence against NQT and I'm under no obligation to only use arguments that are counterable.

Next, I repeatedly state that I believe you are scummier due to context compared to NQT-I AM NOT SURE NQT IS TOWN, given my earlier notes on him! I fairly believe that you've missed that, and instead are relying on repetition to get the point across? Or possibly, subvert what I'm trying to say to put malice into it?

It is not that, but that i have detected malice in your intent instead. I will get to this later.
You're not sure NQT is town, apparently, but you are constantly defending him and doing your best to switch the lynch to any other person.

I love how 'useless' my portable power is. That's a pretty nice deflection of a power that exists. This more than not edges me towards you being scum--other than question the point, you attack it without the essence or detail of curiosity.
I don't understand what you're saying here.  My point is that the existence of a role is not a promise that that role is useful.  For example: in the old beginner setup it was possible to have a Godfather and no cop.  That Godfather role would be completely useless.  So you cannot use "I have a protection from a kill" as evidence that kills definitely exist, much less that kills definitely exist and are used by the scum faction.

> We're freed from class everyday. Every "day" is when we are at class. I believe we may be attacked by said element when we are not at class. Remember how Toony's Love Mafia played out? The one where you won as a third-party? Relate that example.
Yes, it's certainly possible that scum can nightkill.  But it's not guaranteed.

*Tiruin points to relevance.
Detail to me the importance of this orange point here. Maybe you'll understand my point--I also want to understand yours. This schism of aggression may be caused because wow, super-bastard (instead of semi-bastard) game we're having wherein there is lacking scum. How great is that?
Yes, that sentence is supposed to make you assume that not evil = town and evil = scum.  But preying upon your unfounded assumptions is THE ENTIRE FUCKING POINT of A BASTARD GAME

I've already made my position clear: NQT = Good, players who did not receive an alignment = not good or evil.  If you were Good then why didn't webadict tell you you were in your role PM?  Why would he make a special exception for NQT?

You could then ask why you, as a neutral person should vote for NQT and not me, and to that I'd point to the mountain of knowledge that NQT is sitting on, and the fact that the moderator was trying to trick you into thinking he's confirmed town.  Those factors both scream "bastard scum" far louder than "three players who were told they were evil but who got no extra knowledge or abilities".

"Even if" is a real certainty. So let's say scum can't nightkill--why the heck do you think team 'Evil' is supposed to have that in the first place? Why not give note of it and refute my case there and then? "Incredibly weak" my third toe. The counterpoint you offer is just base speculation--it tried to outguess the damn setup, even! It does not directly attack my case, is what I'm saying.
The problem is that I cannot tell what your case actually is.  I'm therefore just attacking the points I can actually understand.  I assumed that when you were talking about scum having nightkills you meant NQT and you were trying to refute my point about NQT possibly having a conversion.

I don't think that "team Evil" is "supposed" to have "that", assuming that "that" is "a nightkill".  I am completely baffled by that question because I have clearly claimed, in the past, that I do not have a nightkill and do not know who the other evil people are.

Spoiler: Note 1 (click to show/hide)
Ok, this point arises simply because you're confused as to what my argument is.  Sure, there are two contending sides: Good vs not-Good.  Maybe NQT wants to righteously slay all the people who are making the world bad through their indifference or evilness.

It's possibly that neutral and evil have different goals, but I'm pretty sure that both of us are anti-Good because NQT is clearly bastard scum.

Spoiler: Note 2 (click to show/hide)
This point doesn't make sense.  You don't provide any actual reason to think that NQT is not scum, just reasons that we can hold off on lynching him today.

Your cult leader point is bizarre.  Yes, if we lynch him today he won't be able to do anything and we win.  Or we could wait until tomorrow after he's recruited an unknown person.  Even if we lynch him then we'd still have to find that unknown person.

Your parasite point is equally bizarre.  Yes, maybe we'd know that NQT had possessed someone from flavour.  How would that help us?  We still wouldn't know who he possessed, and we'd be back to square one.  The alternative of "lynch him today" is clearly way better.

Yes, it would be fairly bastard if he were scum.  But this is a bastard game!  webadict's sole definition of semi-bastard is "I won't lie to you".  Not "I won't be misleading" and not "you can win this game if you play it like a normal mafia game".
Spoiler: Note 3 (click to show/hide)
I'd like to first point out you've completely failed to meet the point: explanation format I suggested.  Your explanation is on a completely different point to the point you stated above (in your point you say that accusing the mods is "a scumpoint", but you don't go on to explain why - instead you bring up some irrelevant stuff about my argument style).  I'm really almost ready to just giving up on responding to you entirely.

I made it clear in that point that the "maybe NQT's partners are the mods" was a speculative idea and only tangential to my main case.  It's something we can pursue further once the obvious front man of the scumteam is dead.  Maybe NQT is alone, maybe NQT is working with the mods, maybe NQT has player allies.  Right now who cares.  He's scum, we kill him first.

I don't know what you mean about "the questioning Leafsnail you've known and loved".  You know I'm highly assertive when I believe I've found the correct answer - see the end of The Lonely Prince.  I didn't question Lenglon, I laid out my argument and stated he was scum.  Because he was.

However, for posterity-if NQT is scum (third-party or whatever), then I am fully justified in saying he's playing poorly. He gives little much amounting to NOTHING in his defense, if we discard the promise of 'survival until tomorrow' and most importantly: "this seems bad to talk about in public because [Team Evil] the scumteam are at an advantage" as a reason--and I will not accept that emotional rant he mentioned earlier as an alibi, now. I know how that feels-I've gone through that more than anyone here-and darn well does it suck in knowing he's not posting anything as of recent note.
Yeah, NQT is playing poorly.  But that's not surprising considering that NQT is a poor scum player.

Counter point to that?: Team Evil has no comment--NOR is Leafsnail or anyone else advocating that WHAT NQT SAYS IS A GOOD IDEA. In bastard games, scum are almost always at an advantage given the breach in information--or at least have a greater advantage than Town in knowing what is going on!
I'm not advocating for him because his claim is clearly false.  Either he doesn't actually have that knowledge and he's lying to save his skin, or he does have that knowledge because he's scum.

No. It'll make sense tomorrow if I'm still alive to tell you. You'll all be kicking yourself.
I've just realized: this is absolutely bizarre.  As town NQT almost always argues exclusively with facts: vote count analysis, role flips, postcount numbers.  But this is a straight-up appeal to emotion that has no logical basis, it doesn't fit with the way NQT plays town at all.

No, it clearly is not remotely the same kind of information.  Other than my role I have very vague information that kindof hints towards what my win condition might be if you squint a bit (in fact, I've already claimed it and no-one cared because it wasn't very interesting).  Yours, on the other hand, apparently contains devastating information that would blow the entire game wide open if it were made public (but only on day one).  It also apparently specifically says you cannot be lynched on day one.  That means you clearly have far, far more information than any of the rest of us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 03, 2014, 11:39:51 pm »

Well, I had actually planned out a rather long rant toward NQT, but now he says he's gone until the night.

It seems like the only people actually participating in any way, are the ones who've claimed evil, my frelling targets, pretty much, and NQT and Tiruin.

*Sigh*

I don't know.
I won't vote, either team evil all dogpiles on NQT and gets rid of him, which I can't really stop, or it ends up in a no-lynch, which gives us the potential of no information at all, and we're back to square one.
I'm not voting Cado, I need him (her, whatever) alive.

Tiruin, thank you so much for not budging. If you hadn't, then this whole day would have been nothing but a one-sided "Kill NQT!" frenzy.
I want to tell you that because everyone seems to be getting on your case for it, well, everyone on team evil, which is pretty much all the active people, and you've been doing your best at stating why you won't budge. Thank you for that.

As for all you dicks on team evil, I hope you all die.
Not for any real reason against any of you fine fellows, but because it seems that my character wants you dead.
I'll start voting for you all in Day 2, assuming I don't have a real lead to follow.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 03, 2014, 11:43:22 pm »

Well, I had actually planned out a rather long rant toward NQT, but now he says he's gone until the night.

It seems like the only people actually participating in any way, are the ones who've claimed evil, my frelling targets, pretty much, and NQT and Tiruin.

*Sigh*

I don't know.
I won't vote, either team evil all dogpiles on NQT and gets rid of him, which I can't really stop, or it ends up in a no-lynch, which gives us the potential of no information at all, and we're back to square one.
I'm not voting Cado, I need him (her, whatever) alive.

Tiruin, thank you so much for not budging. If you hadn't, then this whole day would have been nothing but a one-sided "Kill NQT!" frenzy.
I want to tell you that because everyone seems to be getting on your case for it, well, everyone on team evil, which is pretty much all the active people, and you've been doing your best at stating why you won't budge. Thank you for that.

As for all you dicks on team evil, I hope you all die.
Not for any real reason against any of you fine fellows, but because it seems that my character wants you dead.
I'll start voting for you all in Day 2, assuming I don't have a real lead to follow.
Erm...
I'm not evil and I don't like NQT.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 112