Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212354 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 2
« Reply #1065 on: February 19, 2014, 05:40:47 pm »

...?
Like how and why base everything on that flip?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 19, 2014, 06:53:20 pm »

I... I don't know. I'm going to be honest on this one. With regards to Tiruin, I don't really know if lynching Cado would accomplish anything. If Makeinu's right, and we can't stop the meteor, then what's the point? What does that really solve?

Why do people do stuff to me without telling why. u__u
At least I asked politely.

...And to think I had faith in you people.
Now all I think are sacks of meat, working only on a wincon.
Can't you see past your own two hands?!
I'm still trying, I'm just not yet seeing a good place to start working a case from, but hopefully my power will give me one.

Why do people do stuff to me without telling why. u__u
You expect people to claim all their night actions to you?
*Raises hand* I did.

Mastahcheese:
Mastahcheese:
Something weird is going on, there should have been a night kill, but there wasn't.
Oh yeah?  And how do you know that?
I don't, but I find it more likely to believe that the evil/scum/whatever team would have a kill, and for that kill to be blocked, than the possibility of them flat out not having a kill at all. Even in a bastard game.

Do you believe they don't have a kill? And if so, why not?

The thing is that I agree with your logic.  What I don't agree with is it being so worthy of notice.  The big point, though, is that you seem so convinced that there SHOULD be a kill.  Your words hold no possibility of otherwise.

Let me throw you this, then- where do you place the possibility of there not being a kill-holding team at all?
I'd say it's possible, though very unlikely. I fail to see how the scum team could win without any means to take out competition. Unless all they have to do is play a waiting game, in which case this would seem to me to be a very boring game, and wouldn't exactly explain the possibly of what our own wincons might be.
I think that it's more complicated then evil vs. non-evil. Something else is going on, but I don't think that a simple waiting game is one of them.
If that makes sense to you.

Here, let me ask you a question, actually, let me ask Everyone a question. (Not you, Nerjin)
Who do you think is most likely to be capable of a night kill?

Really, tell me your answers, I want to know. Even you guys, Team Claimed Evil: Who would you most likely suspect of being capable of killing? You said you don't have one, unless I'm mistaken, so what's your opinion?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 19, 2014, 06:57:21 pm »

MastahCheese: whoever claimed watching vigilante, as I call the role.  That person can kill people.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 19, 2014, 07:25:57 pm »

Mastahcheese:
Here, let me ask you a question, actually, let me ask Everyone a question. (Not you, Nerjin)
Uhh... I can kill at night, but only if said person was going to kill someone else. I side with you, Mastahcheese, in that there should have been at least a night kill attempt last night or my ability would be totally useless.

Why are you all so intent on going after Cado just to see what happens when both Evil and summoners are lynched? You guys are overlooking a lot of stuff because you're just concerned with "Ooh! let's see what happens!" He isn't the only summoner. He isn't the only bad guy out there. I'm not saying he's a bad person to lynch, but why are you all focusing on him just because of his confession? Yes, he's the only one who's confessed, but he's not the only one. I am seeing minimal hunting in this game. For instance, Leafsnail convinced you all to go after NQT yesterday and when NQT's flip told us what we were told in the beginning, you guys just don't care! Can we please stop a second and think things through?

Maybe I'm just being a newb and don't understand how bastard games work, but I feel I should say something.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 19, 2014, 07:43:37 pm »

MastahCheese: whoever claimed watching vigilante, as I call the role.  That person can kill people.
That would be MOWE, but (and they even said it in their very next post) that's a reactive night kill. Which is still a night kill, but it needs a catalyst night kill first.

...Actually MOWE, does it specifically state a kill? Or just a night action? Because if it's just a night action, then you could even kill me with that.
(And yeah, I'm on your side too, we need to really think this through more. RC's not the only one.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #1070 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:04 pm »

Tiruin: Why do you think NQT told so many lies about his role and the information he had?

Wincons. It's already implied in the OP-though it doesn't say for whom. Given that I have no indication of being Evil here, I choose to go along the non-absolutist route and find the meteor summoners. Lynching you, or TDS, would give a better idea on the proclaimed 'Evil' side.
I still don't understand.  What is being implied in the OP?

It's Midas's crown, which has nothing to do with King Midas, somehow. I passed it to her, because why not?
Presumably it being Midas's makes it gold.

Really, tell me your answers, I want to know. Even you guys, Team Claimed Evil: Who would you most likely suspect of being capable of killing? You said you don't have one, unless I'm mistaken, so what's your opinion?
MOWE.  Other than that probably no-one, judging from last night.

quote author=MyOwnWorstEnemy link=topic=135628.msg5025010#msg5025010 date=1392855957]For instance, Leafsnail convinced you all to go after NQT yesterday and when NQT's flip told us what we were told in the beginning, you guys just don't care! Can we please stop a second and think things through?
[/quote]
NQT's flip showed he was lying and didn't confirm that he was on the majority team (even though that's something NQT claimed to explicitly know).  It also had an explicitly hidden piece of information.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 19, 2014, 08:09:35 pm »

Mastahcheese: It says I kill people taking aggressive actions. So I don't think it would do anything to you, but I wouldn't want to try it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 19, 2014, 08:29:37 pm »

Everyone but Nerjin: Does anyone else have a useless item they would rather be rid of?  I suppose I could arrange that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 19, 2014, 09:14:53 pm »

PFP
Tiruin: Why do you think NQT told so many lies about his role and the information he had?
To make sense. His 'lies' you puport are his speculations. Yet again do you fail to move the notion of NQT's directness into focus, and rather generalize, Leafsnail.

Dictate his 'lies' in all their entirety, please. I'd love to find how direct NQT addressed it, with all his sincerity, and leaving no space for any unsurity.

But let me humor 'round your conciseness: Why do you think you lied so much, even giving such trivial details to implicate NQT?

I still don't understand.  What is being implied in the OP?
Let me ask you this: What do you understand about this game? Restate it if 'said' before. before I begin giving out what I understand.

Presumably it being Midas's makes it gold.
...It never said it was gold, and thorough research reveals...not much about it. In truth? Midas means Nice hat.
Yeah, it's Wubbanese.

NQT's flip showed he was lying and didn't confirm that he was on the majority team (even though that's something NQT claimed to explicitly know).  It also had an explicitly hidden piece of information.
His flip also shows he was darn town, unless there's a silly mechanic that states "Due to your moneybags, you appear as town upon [death] blah blah".

I doubt it however. Now, excuse me. Rather than go on the offensive with your brevity, why not answer mine, too, good sir?

MOWE: Newbie much? You're wise in what you say right there.

With regards to Tiruin, I don't really know if lynching Cado would accomplish anything. If Makeinu's right, and we can't stop the meteor, then what's the point? What does that really solve?
I'd like to know how he knows that, in exacts, to me sure. makeinu: if I missed that point, please redirect to it.
However it is inferred that Cado, if lynched, will face the same fate NQT did.

Who I...see as scum. >_>
Yeah, that includes the majority of team evil--except Toaster, given what I did yesterday and what I know, yesterday. Unless someone else blocked someone-I'd wonder on what they [T. Evil] did.

Everyone but Nerjin: Does anyone else have a useless item they would rather be rid of?  I suppose I could arrange that.
makeinu: Why give that crown to me?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 19, 2014, 09:27:07 pm »

Mastahcheese:
Uhh... I can kill at night, but only if said person was going to kill someone else. I side with you, Mastahcheese, in that there should have been at least a night kill attempt last night or my ability would be totally useless.

Why are you all so intent on going after Cado just to see what happens when both Evil and summoners are lynched? You guys are overlooking a lot of stuff because you're just concerned with "Ooh! let's see what happens!" He isn't the only summoner. He isn't the only bad guy out there. I'm not saying he's a bad person to lynch, but why are you all focusing on him just because of his confession? Yes, he's the only one who's confessed, but he's not the only one. I am seeing minimal hunting in this game. For instance, Leafsnail convinced you all to go after NQT yesterday and when NQT's flip told us what we were told in the beginning, you guys just don't care! Can we please stop a second and think things through?

Maybe I'm just being a newb and don't understand how bastard games work, but I feel I should say something.
Caz, read this again. The rest of you, read this again. This is basically what I'm trying to say, and failing badly in saying it.
I mean really, 'bastard' game =/= lay back and watch.
That means you, Hissin Walnuts.

I see a total lack of action, and yet I see cyclic logic in recent events.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 19, 2014, 09:58:06 pm »

Could be anyone or no one. There was no kill last night, though I suppose someone could have been protected, saved, whatever.

I'm beginning to think that the items in-game are more important in relation to our wincons. Someone has said that there's a book of dark power that the wizards are looking to get, and they all seem magically-related somehow.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 19, 2014, 09:59:45 pm »

Yeah! I have a book. It supposedly gives powers, but it did nothing useful for me. Will trade for joke item.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 19, 2014, 10:09:12 pm »

Yeah! I have a book. It supposedly gives powers, but it did nothing useful for me. Will trade for joke item.
What powers does it supposedly give?  And does it need burning?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 19, 2014, 10:12:20 pm »

For instance, Leafsnail convinced you all to go after NQT yesterday and when NQT's flip told us what we were told in the beginning, you guys just don't care! Can we please stop a second and think things through?

Care to share? Perhaps NQT lied about having info for us, but it looks like we'll never find out. Because he was lynched! You can't say it's a lie when there's nothing to actually prove it did or didn't happen. Yeah, it wasn't in the role PM, but Web or Nerjin could have given him information later on. Although I'm curious about what hidden piece of information you speak of. What juicy bit did you discover that none of us have? We were told that if we weren't specifically told that we were Evil, we are Not Evil.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 19, 2014, 10:17:55 pm »

How do we know that the Evil people aren't town? The 'Good' could be the mafia. Web himself said that "all teenagers are evil". NQT said something bad would happen on his death, but nothing has.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 112